Please vote and weigh in : which shoes would you choose?

stylemechanel

Dec 29, 2012
Hello Ladies,
I could use a little help. I just purchased two pairs of Chanel flats. One pair is a metallic blue with a black toe cap in patent. The other is beige clair, also in patent. I wasn't planning on buying any shoes today, but as luck - or not - would happen my old shoe guy at Nordstrom saw me running past the shoe department and, of course, glancing at the Chanel shoes. Then he calls out - we just got 2 pairs in your size....and well...you know the rest of the story.

So here are my pros and cons and I'll post a photo.

The blue metallic with black toe cap:

Pros:
- very pretty
- goes great with jeans
- actually fit me perfectly (size 4) :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
- I wear a lot of navy and black

Cons:
- ???? not sure there are any
- OK - I don't really need them
- I have a pair of blue suede Chanel flats - they will need to be replaced within the year

Beige Clair flats:

Pros:
- very pretty
- I have been casually looking for a pair of flats in this color for awhile - I am picky about the shade of beige
- I think these are more neutral - I am trying to wear more cream and beige

Cons:
- a little big - they are a size 4.5 but with pads fit perfectly
- not really sure what colors to wear with them - what colors would you wear?
- I have a pair of Chanel flats in leather that are cream with a gold toe cap. I don't wear them much as they could get dirty so easily

Other pertinent information:

My husband is getting ready to retire and I have promised to think very thoughtfully about all purchases - clothing, jewelry, shoes,and purses. He would like me to practice slowing down. So this may be a test in self control and discipline.

I had sworn off all things Chanel, at least for now, and a story for another time. Having said that to find shoes in my size is never easy and I know these will last years. For me to buy these I need to be certain.

What would you do? What would you pick? Thank you for weighing in!!!! :heart:

My vote is blue. Beige very very pretty. Reality... I'm not sure it will be easy to maintain in pristine condition

Plus your wardrobe leans towards darker color so it will be a smooth transition into ur daily wardrobe

If you are not sure how to pair with beige -- you might be temp to make addition clothing purchase just to have the beige fit into your daily routine.

Just my two cents..😊😊😊

Good luck with ur decision ✌️✌️

Hello Ladies,
I could use a little help. I just purchased two pairs of Chanel flats. One pair is a metallic blue with a black toe cap in patent. The other is beige clair, also in patent. I wasn't planning on buying any shoes today, but as luck - or not - would happen my old shoe guy at Nordstrom saw me running past the shoe department and, of course, glancing at the Chanel shoes. Then he calls out - we just got 2 pairs in your size....and well...you know the rest of the story.

So here are my pros and cons and I'll post a photo.

The blue metallic with black toe cap:

Pros:
- very pretty
- goes great with jeans
- actually fit me perfectly (size 4) :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
- I wear a lot of navy and black

Cons:
- ???? not sure there are any
- OK - I don't really need them
- I have a pair of blue suede Chanel flats - they will need to be replaced within the year

Beige Clair flats:

Pros:
- very pretty
- I have been casually looking for a pair of flats in this color for awhile - I am picky about the shade of beige
- I think these are more neutral - I am trying to wear more cream and beige

Cons:
- a little big - they are a size 4.5 but with pads fit perfectly
- not really sure what colors to wear with them - what colors would you wear?
- I have a pair of Chanel flats in leather that are cream with a gold toe cap. I don't wear them much as they could get dirty so easily

Other pertinent information:

My husband is getting ready to retire and I have promised to think very thoughtfully about all purchases - clothing, jewelry, shoes,and purses. He would like me to practice slowing down. So this may be a test in self control and discipline.

I had sworn off all things Chanel, at least for now, and a story for another time. Having said that to find shoes in my size is never easy and I know these will last years. For me to buy these I need to be certain.

What would you do? What would you pick? Thank you for weighing in!!!! :heart:

the blue ones!!! they are so so gorgeous! just reading your post I can tell that the blue ones are the ones that you should keep. they are beautiful. they won't get as dirty, they match almost any outfit and most important?? they fit you perfectly!! why go thru the trouble of having to put in pads to wear the shoes?? plus, you have another pair in a lighter color that you never wear due to them getting dirty easily. all signs point to the blue ones sweetie! :okay: trust me !! :yes:

the blue ones!!! they are so so gorgeous! just reading your post I can tell that the blue ones are the ones that you should keep. they are beautiful. they won't get as dirty, they match almost any outfit and most important?? they fit you perfectly!! why go thru the trouble of having to put in pads to wear the shoes?? plus, you have another pair in a lighter color that you never wear due to them getting dirty easily. all signs point to the blue ones sweetie! :okay: trust me !! :yes:

My vote is for the blue and black. I love the richness of the blue and I agree with the above that it would be more practical and easy to maintain :smile:

My vote is blue. Beige very very pretty. Reality... I'm not sure it will be easy to maintain in pristine condition

Plus your wardrobe leans towards darker color so it will be a smooth transition into ur daily wardrobe

If you are not sure how to pair with beige -- you might be temp to make addition clothing purchase just to have the beige fit into your daily routine.

Just my two cents..😊😊😊

Good luck with ur decision ✌️✌️

Thank you so much Hedgwin, anthrocite_love, and i love louie !!! I do really appreciate and value your input. :heart:

I like the blue ones. Chanel does blue/navy really well. With Chanel flats, I would only buy them if they fits perfectly. You wouldn't want your heels to come loose with every step. Plus patent flats will last much longer.

I like the blue ones. Chanel does blue/navy really well. With Chanel flats, I would only buy them if they fits perfectly. You wouldn't want your heels to come loose with every step. Plus patent flats will last much longer.

I agree with this, then you step on the back of the shoe and crush them by squashing them out. At the price you do have to have a perfect fit.

I actually love the Beige ones - but mainly because they would go with my wardrobe and I can't find any - :graucho:

Blue! They're gorgeous!

I agree with this, then you step on the back of the shoe and crush them by squashing them out. At the price you do have to have a perfect fit.

I actually love the Beige ones - but mainly because they would go with my wardrobe and I can't find any - :graucho:

^^ I agree. Keep the blue ones :tup:

Keep the blue! It's your size and and I will stretch overtime. The beige ones will be too big for you! Seems like the blue will go with your wardrobe!

Thank you Ladies for your input!!

So far the blue is winning. One vote for the beige, assuming it would fit properly and work well into my wardrobe.

I didn't realize that patent stretches. That is something to think about.....hhhhuuuummmm