Jane the Virgin

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
Well written and kinda fresh, albeit tongue in cheek cheesy. Jane is a natural actress. Even dh is impressed, and he only watches shows like GoT and Walking Dead.

Im a fan too! I've been trying to get some of my girlfriends to watch because it's really well written. It's off the top cheesy, but it works well.

All the characters are likeable even the "antagonist" like Petra. Her relationship with her mom and their antics are hilarious. I hope they get renewed for a 2nd season!

I thought I would HATE this show because the premise is so idiotic. I couldn't understand this obsession with sex and women's virginity, especially on a network that has primarily shows targeted to pre-teen/teens.

Then against all odds I watched the pilot (I watch all pilots on the CW) and saw how funny, satirical and cheesy it was. I also watched Ugly Betty, another telenovella adaptation, and I think this is a fresh show for Americans who have gotten out of/never experienced the soap opera drama. I am still on the fence about this being picked up by the CW but I really want a second season.

I'm #teamMichael, of course. And the voiceover is the second best thing, after the smart phone pop ups (also seen on ABC's Selfie), in this show!

Been watching this show all season and I really like it. Yes, it's cheesy and the premise made me gag at first, but it's actually funny. I am probably the only one who thinks Michael is a little bland and there's no chemistry there. I guess I'm team Rafael but he has issues too.