Tradesy return policy is very questionable

Mrsassi

Mrsassi
O.G.
Jan 12, 2010
Hello guys.
Just wanted to share my experience with Tradesy. The buyer purchased my Gucci Boston bag. She contacted me to check if the bag was authentic or replica after the purchase. Of course, it is authentic I do not sell fakes. Then, she asked me if I can ship it as soon as possible. So I did as she asked, even though it was inconvenient for me to leave etc. and now I recieved the email from Tradesy stating my bag was misrepresented and has a "heavy, powdery perfume-like smell". The thing is my listing stated that my bag has no odor/smell and I don't even use perfume powder or carry perfume. It did not have a heavy smell when I sent it. What should I do now? The return policy states that if buyer does not like the bag they keep it and the seller still gets paid. They will keep the bag and it is their responsibilities to sell it. Now they say that I misrepresented the bag and did not state the right condition. They are sending it back and I am terrified about the heavy smell thing. Please, give me your comments and thoughts. P.S. I don't smoke and my home is clean.

Tradesy is supposed to have an intermediate step where, if a buyer returns something they feel is not as described, Tradesy has the buyer send the item to them, and then evaluates that claim. In their message to you, have they actually received the bag from the buyer? If the message doesn't say one way or another, I would call them to speak about it.

Tradesy is supposed to have an intermediate step where, if a buyer returns something they feel is not as described, Tradesy has the buyer send the item to them, and then evaluates that claim. In their message to you, have they actually received the bag from the buyer? If the message doesn't say one way or another, I would call them to speak about it.

Yes, they recieved the bag and stated that the bag has smell and that I should've described better with more pictures. But the buyer did not ask any questions or requested more pics. I am positive that it did not have a heavy smell, i inspected it before sending.

+1

Pls keep us posted.

The bag should not come back to you directly without Tradesy's involvement

+1

Pls keep us posted.

The bag should not come back to you directly without Tradesy's involvement

Tradesy recieved the bag and agreed that it has "heavy, powdery perfume-like smell". So, they are sending it back to me, because they think that I misrepresented it. But it did state in my descriptions that this bag does not have any smell/order. Why would I write that in my listing if it does? It is just does not make sense.

And I would not be that upset and disappointed if they called me and talked to me about it. Instead, they are not accepting any phone calls at this moment and their return department personnel communicates ONLY by EMAIL!!! How ridiculous is that. Why can't they just call me or answer their calls?

Are you sure that is your bag?
Or did they give you any pics or anything to help you make sure that is your original bag?

I feel bad for you!

Tradesy recieved the bag and agreed that it has "heavy, powdery perfume-like smell". So, they are sending it back to me, because they think that I misrepresented it. But it did state in my descriptions that this bag does not have any smell/order. Why would I write that in my listing if it does? It is just does not make sense.

Are you sure that is your bag?
Or did they give you any pics or anything to help you make sure that is your original bag?

I feel bad for you!

No, they did not even provide any pictures. The whole thing is about the heavy smell. They sent me second email saying that they are sending the bag tomorrow morning and that the smell is not a fresh edition & if I will have any other issues with the bag, to let them know & they will take it from there. At this point I do not care the way they handled this issue. I just want my GUCCI Boston bag back in the SAME condition that I sent. But the problem is if there will be any issues with it, Tradesy will not do anything about it.

No, they did not even provide any pictures. The whole thing is about the heavy smell. They sent me second email saying that they are sending the bag tomorrow morning and that the smell is not a fresh edition & if I will have any other issues with the bag, to let them know & they will take it from there. At this point I do not care the way they handled this issue. I just want my GUCCI Boston bag back in the SAME condition that I sent. But the problem is if there will be any issues with it, Tradesy will not do anything about it.

I would send them an email and ask for a photo before they send the item back; tell them that if you did make an error, you'll accept the return, but you want to confirm that the buyer mailed back the same bag you sent out.

Also, you noted that you don't wear any perfumes, but do you use moisturizers or anything on your hands that has a smell? For me, I can always smell that kind of thing much more noticeably than perfume, and it is a smell that bothers me. That's also the kind of thing that would transfer to a bag.

Reactions: JenJBS
I would send them an email and ask for a photo before they send the item back; tell them that if you did make an error, you'll accept the return, but you want to confirm that the buyer mailed back the same bag you sent out.

Also, you noted that you don't wear any perfumes, but do you use moisturizers or anything on your hands that has a smell? For me, I can always smell that kind of thing much more noticeably than perfume, and it is a smell that bothers me. That's also the kind of thing that would transfer to a bag.

Thank you for your suggestion. I do wear perfume occasionally but I don't carry it in my bag. I don't apply lotion or hand cream in a day time when I carry my bags because I remember how much I paid for them;) It looks like they don't care about their sellers, I will try to email them again.

Thank you for your suggestion. I do wear perfume occasionally but I don't carry it in my bag. I don't apply lotion or hand cream in a day time when I carry my bags because I remember how much I paid for them;) It looks like they don't care about their sellers, I will try to email them again.

How long did the buyer have the bag in her possession? I'm wondering if she used it and spilled perfume in it and is trying to pass the blame onto you.

How long did the buyer have the bag in her possession? I'm wondering if she used it and spilled perfume in it and is trying to pass the blame onto you.
This is what I'm thinking. Or, she purposely doused with perfume so she could return it. How long did the buyer have the bag before she contacted Tradesy for the return? In any event, see what they send you and report back if you think it's not what you shipped out.

The thing with smells is that some people are more sensitive than others. If you sold though ebay/paypal, they would't be able to protect you either as it's your word against the buyers and ebay/tradesy always sides with buyers.

I'm sorry you're going through this. This doesn't seem right that a buyer could potentially douse the bag in perfume and they'd force you to take a return saying you misrepresented it. I hope it comes back exactly as you sent it.