Hotstamping gone wrong times 2

kbrooke1990

May 2, 2011
So Monday I went to the Louis Vuitton boutique and dropped off my new luggage tag and my damier ebene key case to be hotstamped. I decided on baby blue for the luggage tag and the red color for the key case so that is matched the color of the Louis Vuitton stamp already in it. (The SA recommended 3 times how much she likes the gold color) I filled out the forms stating color, size, and where the stamp would be located and signed them. They told me I could come back the next afternoon to pick them up!

Yesterday (Tuesday) I went in to pick them up. The very first thing I noticed was the hotstamp in my key case was stamped gold :sad: ugghhh. They SA could immediately tell by my face something was wrong. She looked at the sheet I signed and agreed with me that it is frustrating. So he had me leave it there again so that today his manager could look at it and decide what to do. I am one of this people that have OCD about things matching and lining up. Yes the gold is pretty but it doesn't match the red and will drive me nuts. So I wait today to get a response on what will happen.

Next he showed me my luggage tag, it looked beautiful (or so it thought). I walked out to my car and pulled it out to take a picture of it to send my fiancé since he is the one that purchased it for me. That's when I noticed on the back of it was two big plus sign indentions and it almost looked grayish around the indentions. I immediately went back in to show them and luckily they replaced it with a new one. The SA told me afterwords that they have a new machine that has a cut out for them to place the tag in so it aligns perfect but in the middle of the cut out is the two plus sign designed sticking up (not sure why they would make it that way) so she did it all by hand and eyeballed it! And the new one looks great!

Hopefully I get some good news about the key case! Has anyone else had them stamp the wrong color on your item?

Last edited:
I was told that the gold one is the only colour that wouldn't come off easily. Maybe that's why your SA strongly recommended it.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

I was told that the gold one is the only colour that wouldn't come off easily. Maybe that's why your SA strongly recommended it.

I was just in shock and sad because I specifically asked for the red, and she marked the red on the paper and I signed it verifying that is what I wanted. The gold was pretty, just not for me on this piece. Maybe that is why they recommend it, she just kept telling me it looks so pretty in gold.

Oh my goodness, you should absolutely get what you put down in writing! LV must make this right. No two ways about it.

BTW, I love the blue initial. That is so pretty on that lovely light colored luggage tag.

Oh my goodness, you should absolutely get what you put down in writing! LV must make this right. No two ways about it.

BTW, I love the blue initial. That is so pretty on that lovely light colored luggage tag.

Thanks! I love it also! I just got off the phone with LV and they told me they are ordering me a new one and will hotstamp it in red when it arrives! Super excited, and thankful they fixed their wrong so easily!

I know how you feel. You should get what you want. That would drive me nuts too, specially since you marked red.

Thanks, I'm just glad they are gonna make it right!

+1 That's what I was told too! It does look pretty in the blue though and can't wait to see it in red.

I'm glad you're getting what you originally asked for! It's weird how they had to think about what they're going to do with the gold heat stamp. It was LV's mistake all the way.