K35 RC/Bougainville HSS vs B30 RC

caduceus

O.G.
Mar 30, 2013
Hello to everyone!
I would like to ask for input re my present "dilemma". Since I can only afford to keep one, I have to choose between a K35 RC/Bougainville HSS (epsom GHW HSS) vs a B30 RC (clemence GHW). For my height, (172cm), I'm not really a fan of big bags because they're quite heavy to lug around. I only carry a wallet and cell phone with me so the size of the B30 and K28 is perfect for my needs. Rouge Casaque is my favorite color by the way! I've been offered this K35 Casaque/Bougainville HSS and it is so pretty! I love how elegant it looks! I want a bag which will retain its shape for decades, so it's another plus for the K35 vs the B30 in Clemence. But I'm not sure about the size and weight of the bag.
Your suggestions will be truly appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance!

HSS = HorseShoe Stamp (or Special Order), i think

both bags sound like a dream. size-wise the RC B30 sounds suitable for your needs.
however, how can you pass up a HSS RC/Bougainville?!
can you try both on in-person to see which looks better on you?

Last edited:
Hello to everyone!
I would like to ask for input re my present "dilemma". Since I can only afford to keep one, I have to choose between a K35 RC/Bougainville HSS (epsom GHW HSS) vs a B30 RC (clemence GHW). For my height, (172cm), I'm not really a fan of big bags because they're quite heavy to lug around. I only carry a wallet and cell phone with me so the size of the B30 and K28 is perfect for my needs. Rouge Casaque is my favorite color by the way! I've been offered this K35 Casaque/Bougainville HSS and it is so pretty! I love how elegant it looks! I want a bag which will retain its shape for decades, so it's another plus for the K35 vs the B30 in Clemence. But I'm not sure about the size and weight of the bag.
Your suggestions will be truly appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance!
I'd keep B30.

HSS = HorseShoe Stamp (or Special Order), i think

both bags sound like a dream. size-wise the RC B30 sounds suitable for your needs.
however, how can you pass up a HSS RC/Bougainville?!
can you try both on in-person to see which looks better on you?

thank you Booyah! I know right? How can I pass up on a HSS RC/Bougainville?!! Sellier GHW! That's why I was thinking maybe I can make the size work!

Epsom is lighter than Clemence and I find the long strap of a Kelly is really useful. So Kelly gets my vote. :smile:
Edit: Just saw your post saying it's a Sellier. Just keep in mind that a Sellier in 35 will look much bigger and boxy. If you like this, then please do bring that beauty home and share pics with us! lol

Do you need to be hands free? I personally love Kelly's more but only in 28cm, a K 35cm is too large IMO. Sounds like in your post you lean more toward the B30cm anyways. RC is my favorite color too! I have it in B 35cm and a 18cm constance, glad you'll be part of the club!