OMG - Python Balenciaga City & Mini-City!!

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
Just heard about these .. Department Feminin (France) has a Dark Navy Python bag online. Have also seen a Rose/Red one ..

Attachments

• Bal - Navy Python.jpg
    Bal - Navy Python.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,462
Just heard about these .. Department Feminin (France) has a Dark Navy Python bag online. Have also seen a Rose/Red one ..

Just saw it. I think it's gorgeous, and the price is good.

I'm wondering if they're allowed to ship exotics out of the EU though? I had a couple of experiences where I was told it's not legal.

Just saw it. I think it's gorgeous, and the price is good.

I'm wondering if they're allowed to ship exotics out of the EU though? I had a couple of experiences where I was told it's not legal.

It's not that they can't ship it to the US, it depends on WHERE in the US. For instance, I doubt that any of the stores out here in California will have this bag because they are not allowed to sell Python bags. I would have to get it from another store in the US, and they would have to ship it without noting that it's Python.

It's not that they can't ship it to the US, it depends on WHERE in the US. For instance, I doubt that any of the stores out here in California will have this bag because they are not allowed to sell Python bags. I would have to get it from another store in the US, and they would have to ship it without noting that it's Python.

I dunno. I just remember trying to order mother of pearl cuff links and another exotic from the EU (Thomas Pink and Harrods).

Was told they're not allowed to ship these materials outside of the EU.
Pretty sure these items are legal in NY so no idea why they wouldn't ship.

I dunno. I just remember trying to order mother of pearl cuff links and another exotic from the EU (Thomas Pink and Harrods).

Was told they're not allowed to ship these materials outside of the EU.
Pretty sure these items are legal in NY so no idea why they wouldn't ship.

Yes, there are certain items (e.g., Ivory, Coral) that cannot be shipped from certain countries due to the endangered species act -or- illegal poaching. However, there are also certain items that cannot be brought into the US. You can always look up at the US Customs website what items they will not allow into the country. Whenever I go overseas, I always check both websites to see what I can/cannot buy.

I fell in love with Balenciaga because of the distressed silky and puffy leather, so python leather did not speak to me, it looked scaly and I did not feel like touching it, although it might be perfectly silky and soft. The sales rep specifically brought my attention to it, emphasizing that this is a rare bag. I asked how much it was, and I think he said around $4,000.

That's gorgeous! ❤️❤️❤️

I have one of the 10th anniversary Neiman Marcus python embossed City bags but it's just embossed leather, not python skin. I love the look & that Navy color is amazing 👍