The New NARS kabuki brushes... Worth it?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hey all, I have a love hate relationship with my older NARS Japanese brushes. I have the yachiyo and I *had* the ita brush and cannot find the ita brush for the life of me. I hated the ita brush until I saw Jacyln Hill use it to contour... Of course now I can't find it.

I do use the yachiyo, moreso because I have it, but I think it's good to have for when I want to do very pigmented blushes again. I currently use it for my Kevyn Aucoin celestial bronzing powder. I am considering to repurchase the ita brush and was looking at the mie kabuki.... For all over setting powder and to set concealer powder. Are these brushes worth it? Thanks!

Hey all, I have a love hate relationship with my older NARS Japanese brushes. I have the yachiyo and I *had* the ita brush and cannot find the ita brush for the life of me. I hated the ita brush until I saw Jacyln Hill use it to contour... Of course now I can't find it.

I do use the yachiyo, moreso because I have it, but I think it's good to have for when I want to do very pigmented blushes again. I currently use it for my Kevyn Aucoin celestial bronzing powder. I am considering to repurchase the ita brush and was looking at the mie kabuki.... For all over setting powder and to set concealer powder. Are these brushes worth it? Thanks!

I do have the ita brush and while at first, i wasn't crazy about it, now it is all i use to contour;)

I love Hakuhodo brushes! Have you looked into them? I purchased them online based on reviews and I've been happy with the quality -- which makes the shipping cost less painful (~$10).

I also have the KA celestial bronzing powder (love it) and I use my Wayne Goss 11 brush with it. It's small enough to not cover too much of the face and super soft for blending.

I love Hakuhodo brushes! Have you looked into them? I purchased them online based on reviews and I've been happy with the quality -- which makes the shipping cost less painful (~$10).

I also have the KA celestial bronzing powder (love it) and I use my Wayne Goss 11 brush with it. It's small enough to not cover too much of the face and super soft for blending.

I had issues trying to order hakuhodo so I ordered sigma. When I have more patience I want to order new brushes and then leave my sigma ones at the boyfriends. How do you like the Wayne goss? I'm hoping his stuff will be at imats, I'm trying to wait so I can buy the Japanese brushes

I received the Yachiyo as a xmas present last year, and just bought the new long handled Ita. The Ita is a gamechanger for contouring. I got mine with a 20% off discount, not sure I'd pay full price.

I am using the Body Shop's kabuki and makeup burshes and think they are really worth investing in. Have never had problems with cakeyness or wastage. I hated the other brands' brushes (except the Chanel ones which are a bit pricey) as they were so rough and the bristles actually shedded on my face! All my makeup brushes are from TBS and they stay in shape and don't shed no matter how many times I've washed them.