LV Logos on newer bags

lho

O.G.
Dec 25, 2008
Is it common for the Sully bags to have misaligned /cut-off logos at the seam? Isn't this usually a sign of a counterfeit bag? I had my pre-loved bag authenticated on this forum, but I can't help but wonder. It's driving me crazy!

Hi! I just checked my Sully and the logos match up on the stitching. However, a couple of the logos at the bottom of my bag are slightly off a pinch, but the only way you could see it is if you look at the bag really..really close. I purchased my bag at a LV Boutique.

Could you post a picture?

Hi! I just checked my Sully and the logos match up on the stitching. However, a couple of the logos at the bottom of my bag are slightly off a pinch, but the only way you could see it is if you look at the bag really..really close. I purchased my bag at a LV Boutique.

Could you post a picture?

What do you think? All the seams are like this.

Attachments

• side 1.JPG
    side 1.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 806
  • side 2.JPG
    side 2.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 806
What do you think? All the seams are like this.

A lot of bags do not match up due to the last cut in the canvas. I know we'd like our bags to be perfect but this will happen often, again due to where the start and finish is on the next sheet of canvas. This does not mean it's fake as I've found fake bags work "harder" on trying to make it look perfect and more real. If it irritates you that much you should go look for another bag with perfect alignment.. although anyone here can tell you it would take some time and may be harder to find. This is normal. I think you are the only one who would notice.

A lot of bags do not match up due to the last cut in the canvas. I know we'd like our bags to be perfect but this will happen often, again due to where the start and finish is on the next sheet of canvas. This does not mean it's fake as I've found fake bags work "harder" on trying to make it look perfect and more real. If it irritates you that much you should go look for another bag with perfect alignment.. although anyone here can tell you it would take some time and may be harder to find. This is normal. I think you are the only one who would notice.

Thx. I love the bag, but I was worried b/c I always thought the logos should match up otherwise it's not real. It's my first pre-loved bag and I got it for a great price. It does make me a little nervous though since I didn't get it from the actual store. I would hate to carry a fake bag and not even know it.

Thx. I love the bag, but I was worried b/c I always thought the logos should match up otherwise it's not real. It's my first pre-loved bag and I got it for a great price. It does make me a little nervous though since I didn't get it from the actual store. I would hate to carry a fake bag and not even know it.
If you had it authenticated here you should be fine. LV bags aren't perfect, BJ Taylor has a great youtube video of a real and fake bag and the fake bag had perfect alignment, but the real one didn't.

If you are still "nervous" you can search online and pay another authenticator to check your bag again. Pre-LVoed it not for everyone, if you are going to be nervous or unsure after having it verified, you might prefer to buy new.

I know that this thread is somewhat old, but glad that I saw this. I purchased a pre-loved Manhattan PM from Yoogi's Closet last summer, and I have been a little nervous about the authenticity, for this reason. Where the pockets are sewn onto the bag, the logos on the pocket don't exactly line up with the logos on the actual bag. I don't have a picture right now, but I can post one later. Have any of you ladies experienced/seen this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!!

perfect alignment is a legend. Most of my bags, vintage and new alike, are not 100% perfectly aligned. It's hard to notice at first, but if you spend enough time observing a bag, you'll find "something".

I know that this thread is somewhat old, but glad that I saw this. I purchased a pre-loved Manhattan PM from Yoogi's Closet last summer, and I have been a little nervous about the authenticity, for this reason. Where the pockets are sewn onto the bag, the logos on the pocket don't exactly line up with the logos on the actual bag. I don't have a picture right now, but I can post one later. I don't know if you would know about this, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!