A sad, sad story :(

tinanguyenn

Feb 21, 2014
Okay, so this just happened to me not even 30 minutes ago and I knew the only people who would understand my rant would be you lovely TPF users!
I have a Mono key pouch that I leave hanging on my keys that house my various cards and license. I went to the gym today, as I always do, leave my keys inside my duffel bag and put that into a locker. I normally do not use a lock as I've never had an incident happen before. You can probably see where this is going.. Someone went through my bag and STOLE it. They dumped out all of my cards and took it off my keys. That's how I knew it was gone. Before I went to sit in the sauna, I went into my duffel to put up my bands and work out gloves and saw all my cards out of the pouch. So I assumed I hadn't zipped it up and went to go grab my keys, only to see that it was no longer there.
I am soooo mad and sad right now. :sad::sad::rant::rant: I never thought this would ever happen. Like.. who does these kinds of things? I just don't get it. I work hard to buy myself nice things and then there are people in this world who can just come and take it. I don't understand it. Although, I am glad that they left my credit/debit cards but I will be monitoring the activity on those cards closely in case they took down the information. Granted, I should have known better and locked up my possessions but consider this a lesson learned. Now I'm wondering if I should buy another key pouch or should I save up for something better?
Thanks for listening to me go off about this. No one else would really understand!

Terrible!! I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you! It sounds like something you used a lot so I would go ahead and buy another to replace it (unless you want a better version). I hope you feel better soon!

I am so sorry, people suck. On the bright side at least they left your keys and cards. If they had your keys and license they could have gone to your home and cleaned it out.

Aw, you poor girl :sad: That would be heartbreaking! Why would someone do something so mean? It could have been a sentimental present. I'm so sorry someone did this to you.

I have all my bags and accessories insured against theft. I insure the bag and the pochettes inside. It only ads a bit more onto your home and contents policy but it's worth it. I know if someone grabs my bag in the street I can get a new one without being out of pocket.

Because of sneaky people :nogood:

Okay, so this just happened to me not even 30 minutes ago and I knew the only people who would understand my rant would be you lovely TPF users!
I have a Mono key pouch that I leave hanging on my keys that house my various cards and license. I went to the gym today, as I always do, leave my keys inside my duffel bag and put that into a locker. I normally do not use a lock as I've never had an incident happen before. You can probably see where this is going.. Someone went through my bag and STOLE it. They dumped out all of my cards and took it off my keys. That's how I knew it was gone. Before I went to sit in the sauna, I went into my duffel to put up my bands and work out gloves and saw all my cards out of the pouch. So I assumed I hadn't zipped it up and went to go grab my keys, only to see that it was no longer there.
I am soooo mad and sad right now. :sad::sad::rant::rant: I never thought this would ever happen. Like.. who does these kinds of things? I just don't get it. I work hard to buy myself nice things and then there are people in this world who can just come and take it. I don't understand it. Although, I am glad that they left my credit/debit cards but I will be monitoring the activity on those cards closely in case they took down the information. Granted, I should have known better and locked up my possessions but consider this a lesson learned. Now I'm wondering if I should buy another key pouch or should I save up for something better?
Thanks for listening to me go off about this. No one else would really understand!

WOW! That is ridiculous. I am so sorry that happened to you. I never lock anything up either. I may be more careful now. We shouldn't have to be but there are some nasty people out there:sad: Your keys too though? That is really low. I would probably get something else. I would definitely be thinking about what got stolen. Also if you purchased a small wallet or bag charm or cles you probably wouldn't leave that unlocked anywhere anyway. I never would think someone would take my keys. I hope you can put this behind you:smile: