Disgusted with Chanel Service

Valentinegirl

Sep 30, 2011
I bought the large camellia rhinestone pin. It was about $800. I had it in a box for over a year. I wore it last month and when I took it out of the box I noticed one stone was dark. The coating was on the back. No one at Chanel knew what was wrong. If I have to replace 1 stone it's $85. I think that's outrageous. I spoke with everyone and they said that's the price to replace the stone. I never wore it when it was defective. It was not like that when purchased. I will not be buying at Chanel at 57th again. People in Europe bring back items after 2 or 3 years that are damaged and get free repair. They should stand by t heir items. One can see it's new. I think it's outrageous to charge $85 to replace one stone and since I'm such a good customer, and the item wasn't even worn when it was damaged, it should be replaced.

I know how you feel, it is annoying. Once I bought gemstones earring from SAKS and one of the stones (chalcedony) had a very tiny black dot on it (almost unnoticeable). I left the earrings in their box for several months and that black thing grew inside the stone. I didn't have courage to go back to SAKS after several months and I lost a pair of earrings... :nogood:

You're not alone! I had a similar issue as well, don't ever believe in those SAs and Chanel, they only care about your $$$! Once you paid, they won't care about you anymore unless you are a super VIP! They promise you everything before your purchase but when you really have a problem after the purchase, they are helpless!

Just had a bad experience with NYC also. I bought one bag that had scratches. The SA offered a diff. bag. I decided to exchange it for a diff style. The 2nd one I received had a tiny puncture/tear which imo cannot be repaired bec. it is patent. When I contacted the SA, the manager implied that I caused the damage because bag was brand new/never opened. I took the bag out 2x to look at it, had it less than a week, never used.
Manager should look to their own factory quality control instead of blaming the customer. No matter how much I love the bag, I will have to return out of disgust from the dissappointing allegation.

Just had a bad experience with NYC also. I bought one bag that had scratches. The SA offered a diff. bag. I decided to exchange it for a diff style. The 2nd one I received had a tiny puncture/tear which imo cannot be repaired bec. it is patent. When I contacted the SA, the manager implied that I caused the damage because bag was brand new/never opened. I took the bag out 2x to look at it, had it less than a week, never used.
Manager should look to their own factory quality control instead of blaming the customer. No matter how much I love the bag, I will have to return out of disgust from the dissappointing allegation.

That's no way to treat a customer. I've only received one defective bag from Chanel and the Jeffrey's SA & manager went above and beyond for me.

As for OP, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. With amount Chanel charges, they should definitely stand by their products. I've been hesitant to buy Chanel earrings because I've had friends that lost some stones after a few wears.

I completely agree with you on the service. You could probably buy the same stone, even 100's of them from a craft store for a lot less. :/
I feel unless you buy a bag from them, they don't really bother with giving you good service.

I agree. I think handbags are better bought at Bergdorf goodman because they take anything back even after a year. THey don't give you a hard time. They were sold out of the pin and the 57th street boutique had several to choose from. But this is a defect. $85 for a rhinestone that costs 5 cents. That's insane! But what really gets me is that people have broken necklaces etc in the EU and bring it back and they hare not charged if they know them and even if they don't, the service is free. Why are we in the USA getting fleeced? Either we all pay or we don't. I saw a pearl necklace with CC baguettes and it was very sparkly and the one in SOHO looked dead as if it had all glue on it, but it didn't. What's going on? Is Swarovski giving them different crystals? I notice a difference everywhere I go. I see no consistency. But when you are a good customer, things should be taken care of for you. No one is selling great. Not hermes and not chanel, they should learn to take care of their customers, or else I will not be buying so much.