Calling all Lumineuse PM owners...

handbagjunkie00

LV Addict
O.G.
Jan 28, 2014
...Could you please let me know if this bag is overly heavy without anything in it? I'm eyeing a pre-loved one, but am not sure of the weight of the bag before adding contents to it. Thanks everyone :biggrin:

...Could you please let me know if this bag is overly heavy without anything in it? I'm eyeing a pre-loved one, but am not sure of the weight of the bag before adding contents to it. Thanks everyone :biggrin:

I use my lumi often as a daily bag and I don't find it heavy empty either...I don't find it too heavy filled with my items either.....

I think it depends on what you are used to. I personally don't feel like it's heavier than any of my other bags!

Thanks. :biggrin: I heard that it was heavy. I have all canvas bags so wasn't sure how it compared.

Have you run into the dreaded "cracking" issue? Do you know the point in time when they fixed the issue with production?

I use my lumi often as a daily bag and I don't find it heavy empty either...I don't find it too heavy filled with my items either.....

Thank you :biggrin: I was planning to use it daily as well. I carry a lot of junk with me, so this is good to know.

Have you run into the dreaded "cracking" issue? Do you know the point in time when they fixed the issue with production?

Thank you :biggrin: I was planning to use it daily as well. I carry a lot of junk with me, so this is good to know.

Have you run into the dreaded "cracking" issue? Do you know the point in time when they fixed the issue with production?[/QUOTE]

I carry a lot of little items so I probably fill the bag maybe halfway...I have been using it daily, trying to use in all types of weather to test the cracking issues...So far no cracking issues, I thought it was bags made this year where they corrected the glazing issue....I'd have to check but the one I am using is a few years old...

I carry a lot of little items so I probably fill the bag maybe halfway...I have been using it daily, trying to use in all types of weather to test the cracking issues...So far no cracking issues, I thought it was bags made this year where they corrected the glazing issue....I'd have to check but the one I am using is a few years old...[/QUOTE]

What color lumi do you have? The one I'm interested in is a French made infini from early 2012.

Recently got a Lumi and have been carrying everyday. Without anything it's not heavy. With you things inside it can get heavy on the arm depending how much is inside. The shoulder...not heavy at all.

I have a 2012 MIF lumi in Infini. I uses it both as a travel bag and a work bag for a while; I carry my 13 inches MacPro in the bag to office along with other stuffs like wallet, makeup pouch etc. no cracking issue so far (knock the wood) :smile: I also rotate it with other bags.

Comparing to my NF MM, it is definitely on the heavier side because of its luxury leather and hardwares. You may need to get used to its weight if you are currently carrying lightweight purses, such as :NF, or longchamp types. For me, it is not a problem :smile: I love the empriente leather's feeling and gold hardwares.

Also FYI, the leather will soft along with use; it is not a very structured bag like Alma or Brea. Overall it holds its shape pretty well, but the sides soft a bit. Personally I prefer the slouchy look of Lumi myself :smile:

Mine is only a few months old so afraid I can't speak to the longevity of it....

Thanks and enjoy her :biggrin:

Recently got a Lumi and have been carrying everyday. Without anything it's not heavy. With you things inside it can get heavy on the arm depending how much is inside. The shoulder...not heavy at all.

Nice! I'll more than likely be using the shoulder strap option more with it. Thanks for the good information :smile:

I have a 2012 MIF lumi in Infini. I uses it both as a travel bag and a work bag for a while; I carry my 13 inches MacPro in the bag to office along with other stuffs like wallet, makeup pouch etc. no cracking issue so far (knock the wood) :smile: I also rotate it with other bags.

Comparing to my NF MM, it is definitely on the heavier side because of its luxury leather and hardwares. You may need to get used to its weight if you are currently carrying lightweight purses, such as :NF, or longchamp types. For me, it is not a problem :smile: I love the empriente leather's feeling and gold hardwares.

Also FYI, the leather will soft along with use; it is not a very structured bag like Alma or Brea. Overall it holds its shape pretty well, but the sides soft a bit. Personally I prefer the slouchy look of Lumi myself :smile:

Glad that you're not experiencing the cracking issue. Sounds like it sure fits a lot which is great for me. Thanks for the helpful information :smile:

I carry a lot of little items so I probably fill the bag maybe halfway...I have been using it daily, trying to use in all types of weather to test the cracking issues...So far no cracking issues, I thought it was bags made this year where they corrected the glazing issue....I'd have to check but the one I am using is a few years old...

What color lumi do you have? The one I'm interested in is a French made infini from early 2012.[/QUOTE]

Mine is from last year, infini MIF..

I have the Ombre lumi and I don't find it really heavy ! It is heavier than some of my canvas bags but nothing like the Trevi pm .. I use it as an everyday bag !

Hi! I do find that is is a tad heavier than most tote bags. However, it packs quite nicely and feels sturdy. I think it feels much lighter when I use the shoulder strap versus the handles