Got a new bag, BUT....

BeachBagGal

Apr 30, 2014
I received my Grove Court small Sloan today. So cute and I love it, BUT it has a VERY strong chemical smell!!!! This is the first time I've encountered this and I'm so disappointed. :sad: I have it open and airing out right now. I bought it as a final sale. Has anyone had experience with trying to exchange an item or return a final sale item due to a chemical smell? Any luck??? I'm going to try airing it out for a few days and see if that works. I don't want to put any my things inside because I'm afraid they'll take on the smell. I've read posts about this before and now I know what they mean. Awful!!! UGH!!

I received my Grove Court small Sloan today. So cute and I love it, BUT it has a VERY strong chemical smell!!!! This is the first time I've encountered this and I'm so disappointed. :sad: I have it open and airing out right now. I bought it as a final sale. Has anyone had experience with trying to exchange an item or return a final sale item due to a chemical smell? Any luck??? I'm going to try airing it out for a few days and see if that works. I don't want to put any my things inside because I'm afraid they'll take on the smell. I've read posts about this before and now I know what they mean. Awful!!! UGH!!
My daughter got two KS today as well from outlet no hard smell

What a shame! :sad: Call customer service, the worst they can say is no returns.

I've never had a problem with my KS bags smelling. I just got a Charles Street mini Audrey in the mail from the KS website this week, not a single bad smell, perfect packaging.

What a shame! :sad: Call customer service, the worst they can say is no returns.

I've never had a problem with my KS bags smelling. I just got a Charles Street mini Audrey in the mail from the KS website this week, not a single bad smell, perfect packaging.
I'm glad to hear yours didn't have that smell! Mine was wrapped to the nines too. Poor bag is being quarantined right now.

I've purchased a final sale item before and took it to the store and they were willing to return it for me. I bet if you can customer service about the smell they will either refund or exchange it for you. I think they have good customer service.

I called customer service recently about a defective final sale bag and they replaced it no problem.
Good to know. I'm going to try airing it out a few days and see if that helps. If not, I'm going to call them and see about returning it. Good to hear you were able to return your defective final sale bag.

Update: I've been airing her out since I received her and she's pretty much good to go. Yay she's a keeper now! I had doubts there for a bit. I'll be ready to load her up soon. I will post pix soon. :smile: