VIP Sale Update

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
O.G.
Jun 17, 2012
I was surprised when I didn't get a VIP sale email notice this morning, so I called Dooney to ask whazzup. Much to my surprise, the CS person who took my call had never heard of the VIP sale. :weird: So I explained to her that it typically happens this time each year, online and in the retail store. She put me on hold to "ask her supervisor," and when she returned she told me there was no VIP sale online. :shocked:

She then advised me to check the "Specials" online (like I wasn't aware of that.) :rolleyes: So, it seems that there will be NO VIP sale online this fall. :shucks:

On the other hand, I called the Westchester boutique and was told that the VIP sale is tomorrow (October 18) in the boutique stores; 25% off any full-priced bag. So if you live near a boutique store or can find one that will ship... happy shopping!

For those of us who had planned a VIP purchase from Dooney.com... not happenin.' :tdown:

Oh well, guess I'll buy another Coach instead. :lol:

I had been "considering" either a gray Stanwich or maybe one of the new Alto "Sabrina" satchels. Michelle emailed me these pics and now I think Sabrina may be too big for me anyhow, but WOW.

Attachments

• Customer nag 003.JPG
    Customer nag 003.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 546
  • Sabrina.JPG
    Sabrina.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 647
Thanks for the update on the VIP sale, Sarah. I had been monitoring my email from my office hoping that a code would appear. How disappointing that there isn't one!

I had a grey Stanwich at home after the Macy's VIP sale. She was a beauty! I did end up returning her because she was a bit too hefty for me. I was sad about it though.... She's not heavier than the Kingston which I also ordered after seeing yours, but returned due to weight. I need to start doing some arm exercises if I am ever going to have any larger Florentine bags!

Sue

Thanks for the update on the VIP sale, Sarah. I had been monitoring my email from my office hoping that a code would appear. How disappointing that there isn't one!

I had a grey Stanwich at home after the Macy's VIP sale. She was a beauty! I did end up returning her because she was a bit too hefty for me. I was sad about it though.... She's not heavier than the Kingston which I also ordered after seeing yours, but returned due to weight. I need to start doing some arm exercises if I am ever going to have any larger Florentine bags!

Sue

I love that gray Stanwich, Sue. The t'moro trim is just STUNNING on that bag. I guess I am getting used to heftier bags...the Kingston doesn't bother me at all. Of course, I would never carry one of them shopping unless there is a cart to sit her in, lol.

I was surprised when I didn't get a VIP sale email notice this morning, so I called Dooney to ask whazzup. Much to my surprise, the CS person who took my call had never heard of the VIP sale. :weird: So I explained to her that it typically happens this time each year, online and in the retail store. She put me on hold to "ask her supervisor," and when she returned she told me there was no VIP sale online. :shocked:

She then advised me to check the "Specials" online (like I wasn't aware of that.) :rolleyes: So, it seems that there will be NO VIP sale online this fall. :shucks:

On the other hand, I called the Westchester boutique and was told that the VIP sale is tomorrow (October 18) in the boutique stores; 25% off any full-priced bag. So if you live near a boutique store or can find one that will ship... happy shopping!

For those of us who had planned a VIP purchase from Dooney.com... not happenin.' :tdown:

Oh well, guess I'll buy another Coach instead. :lol:

I called CS this morning also check on part of an order that still says "awaiting shipping" but yet it's in stock. She said they had put "in a new computer system.......really......and it would ship out next week. I asked about the VIP sale and I think she thought I was "talking about a foreign language!" Never heard of it and had no information regarding it. Maybe Peter is changing tactics like Coach, no PCE's, no Facebook savings. Been kinda disgusted with Peter since I ordered 2 Florentine Chelsea's. One was fine, the other looked like it had been to h#!! and back. Scratches, edge paint spots all over. Returned it, replacement wasn't much better. Going to be interesting what "The 12 Days of Dooney" is going to be this year.

To all of you lovely ladies I have seen some beautiful bags here lately. Hope all of you are doing well. :smile:

I love that gray Stanwich, Sue. The t'moro trim is just STUNNING on that bag. I guess I am getting used to heftier bags...the Kingston doesn't bother me at all. Of course, I would never carry one of them shopping unless there is a cart to sit her in, lol.

ITA!!!

My bags mostly sit on the floor next to my desk at work (too big for desk drawers) hence my preoccupation with Eva totes! Coated Cotton is almost indestructible. So "fun" bags for non-working hours have to be fully functional without any wagons, etc. I seem to be at work all the time these days. :lol:

You'll love the grey Stanwich if you decide to get her....I did!!

Sue

I called CS this morning also check on part of an order that still says "awaiting shipping" but yet it's in stock. She said they had put "in a new computer system.......really......and it would ship out next week. I asked about the VIP sale and I think she thought I was "talking about a foreign language!" Never heard of it and had no information regarding it. Maybe Peter is changing tactics like Coach, no PCE's, no Facebook savings. Been kinda disgusted with Peter since I ordered 2 Florentine Chelsea's. One was fine, the other looked like it had been to h#!! and back. Scratches, edge paint spots all over. Returned it, replacement wasn't much better. Going to be interesting what "The 12 Days of Dooney" is going to be this year.

To all of you lovely ladies I have seen some beautiful bags here lately. Hope all of you are doing well. :smile:

Hey Pix!! Where have you been, young lady!! :love: Isn't it weird how the CS people have never heard of the VIP sale??? :weird:

Sorry you had issues with your Chelsea. That must be irritating as heck!! I noticed that QVC has some "as is" right now and I wonder if those have some of the same issues.

It's nice to "see" you.

ITA!!!

My bags mostly sit on the floor next to my desk at work (too big for desk drawers) hence my preoccupation with Eva totes! Coated Cotton is almost indestructible. So "fun" bags for non-working hours have to be fully functional without any wagons, etc. I seem to be at work all the time these days. :lol:

You'll love the grey Stanwich if you decide to get her....I did!!

Sue

The only thing that makes me hesitate is how fast they are sending bags to the outlet now. I'm sure if I buy it, it will be at the outlet for $2.99 next week and I'll be sizzling. :roflmfao: Of course, if they go to the outlets they won't be shippable, so I'm screwed either way.

I'm glad to see you posting again, Sue. Hope all is well with you, and Harry sends a "WOOF!" to Weston!! :doggie:

Thanks for the updates on the non-VIP-sale! Very disappointing, but I figured that when I hadn't received the email by 9am pacific time that it wasn't happening. Too bad. I ended up overcoming my challenges with the L & T sale and ordering a grey Florentine satchel from there. I was really hoping to order an Alto Sabrina from Dooney. Hmm...may have to dig for a trade-in.

Since I'm still fairly new to Dooney, could someone tell me about The 12 Days of Dooney? What is that all about? TIA.

Since I'm still fairly new to Dooney, could someone tell me about The 12 Days of Dooney? What is that all about? TIA.

Starting somewhere around December 7, there are 12 days of special sales on the Dooney website. They send out emails the day before, telling what the sale is going to be. It's a lot of fun, even if you don't buy anything.

Starting somewhere around December 7, there are 12 days of special sales on the Dooney website. They send out emails the day before, telling what the sale is going to be. It's a lot of fun, even if you don't buy anything.

Oh cool! I'm signed up to get emails from their website, but I'm sure I'll see someone post here in case I don't get any emails. Looking forward to that.

Oh cool! I'm signed up to get emails from their website, but I'm sure I'll see someone post here in case I don't get any emails. Looking forward to that.

There is always HUGE buzz here about the "12DoD". :lol: Also on the Dooney facebook page and the Q forum. Some people can dig up the next day in advance and give a sneak peek so we'll know if we have to stay up till midnight to score. It's a lot of fun.

Hey Pix!! Where have you been, young lady!! :love: Isn't it weird how the CS people have never heard of the VIP sale??? :weird:

Sorry you had issues with your Chelsea. That must be irritating as heck!! I noticed that QVC has some "as is" right now and I wonder if those have some of the same issues.

It's nice to "see" you.

Girl,
You are so sweet. Have been involved in "looking for a condo." DH is going to retire in Jan and wants another place. Of course we will be keeping the house here in Ok. My deal is "so I get two places to clean?😧 I agree about the outlets and how fast things are ending up there. Kinda like how fast "Stuart's line" aka Coach bags in the Department stores and you turn around and they're no longer full price. I have never "taken a chance " with a Q "as is." I'm afraid I would get one with someone's used tissues or medication, and as a nurse I would have "a little rubber baby" for sure.:lol: