Disappointed with the Quality of Givenchy Pandora

quackedup said:
So i didnt give up on the Pandora...

I purchased another one, but this time in the washed sheepskin (pepe) with zipped front pocket instead of flap and i am much much MUCH more happy with this one than the first one!
It did not have any of the visibly bad issues that i saw with the first one.

Im very happy with this one. It is a camel/tan colour. My bf accidently spilt water on the front of the bag (about 2 weeks after i bought it!), and even though it does have a [faded] water stain on it, it blends in well with the finish of the washed leather and isnt noticable at all.. lucky for the bf :lol:

Faith restored :smile:

i think it would be wise to avoid deep pinks and reds as they seem to fade like crazy!
Think of red marker ink on paper. Red fades to nothing on the same piece of paper than the blacks or colours do.
I guess the same idea applies to leather dyes.

So glad to hear...pepe is one of the best leathers hands down

evil queen said:
Walked under a little rain yesterday and got raindrops on my goatskin pandora in cigare... absolutely no watermarks whatsoever! Wonderful, wonderful hardy bag!!! Best purchase in a long long time... bought a snakeskin, an ostrich and a croc skin bag right before my Givenchy purchase, and my pandora goat has trumped them all!

What a testimony!

Reactions: GemsBerry
evil queen said:
Walked under a little rain yesterday and got raindrops on my goatskin pandora in cigare... absolutely no watermarks whatsoever! Wonderful, wonderful hardy bag!!! Best purchase in a long long time... bought a snakeskin, an ostrich and a croc skin bag right before my Givenchy purchase, and my pandora goat has trumped them all!

Agreed! My dark brown goatskin Pandora is a tough cookie. A handsome, luxe, sturdy and delicious smelling but inedible cookie!

I'm so pleased you are happy with your new Pandora :yahoo:

I have to say that in my experience Givenchy bags are superbly made - I was a die hard Balenciaga fan but Givenchy quality and workmanship beats them hands down IMO ;)

So glad to hear...pepe is one of the best leathers hands down

I've got to agree with this. I spilled coffee on my new sage pepe, not once but twice, this weekend :cursing: and I patted with water, and a few tense moments :sweatdrop: and it was fine! :okay: Though I've learned my lesson - not to have my bag on my lap when opening a travel coffee mug in a moving car!!!!

I've got to agree with this. I spilled coffee on my new sage pepe, not once but twice, this weekend :cursing: and I patted with water, and a few tense moments :sweatdrop: and it was fine! :okay: Though I've learned my lesson - not to have my bag on my lap when opening a travel coffee mug in a moving car!!!!

living dangerously! pepe is tough, but twice in one wknd is def testing its limits, but happy to hear it survived.

Hi ladies!
I intend to buy a watered leather Pandora in camel on an Italian site.
Do you know if it's what you call pepe leather and if it's sheepskin?
On some American sites....they say it's lamb....
I'm lost now.
On the other hand I am scared of colour transfer.
What do you think?

Hi ladies!
I intend to buy a watered leather Pandora in camel on an Italian site.
Do you know if it's what you call pepe leather and if it's sheepskin?
On some American sites....they say it's lamb....
I'm lost now.
On the other hand I am scared of colour transfer.
What do you think?
Sorry ...I meant washed leather...not watered.....

I really loved my pandora too, I just got it a month a go and it was a good deal 40% off:yahoo: I haven't changed bag since I got my panda. I just saw the zipper part and it's YKK. It bothered me a while but after I read all comments, I think I'm still happy with my purchased. One thing that bothered me is the bottom part ( the lining is a bit unstructured for me) and looks slouchy. Are all pandoras look the same like that? by the way, mine is large and I'm not sure about the leather, it's not wrinkled but looks like that to me:lol:

I really loved my pandora too, I just got it a month a go and it was a good deal 40% off:yahoo: I haven't changed bag since I got my panda. I just saw the zipper part and it's YKK. It bothered me a while but after I read all comments, I think I'm still happy with my purchased. One thing that bothered me is the bottom part ( the lining is a bit unstructured for me) and looks slouchy. Are all pandoras look the same like that? by the way, mine is large and I'm not sure about the leather, it's not wrinkled but looks like that to me:lol:

YKK zippers are excellent quality!

YKK zippers are excellent quality!

Just a note about YKK. I see why you might look down on YKK but you should not. YKK has many different grades and types of zippers - from very high end to industrial to waterproof to relatively inexpensive.

The company is the largest manufacturer of zippers in the world with facilities across the globe (including America). You cannot just assume that a Lampo or Riri, Opti, IPI etc is better quality. YKK just seems to have more diversified product line-up.

Reactions: GemsBerry
Hi,

Question regarding my 2012/2013 Black mini pandora (sheepskin) - I purchased gently used and is in great condition. However I was surprised to find some of the gold tone hardware has slightly faded. Has anyone with an older bag and gold tone hardware had the same experience?

Last edited:
Hi,

Question regarding my 2012/2013 Black mini pandora (sheepskin) - I purchased gently used and is in great condition. However I was surprised to find some of the gold tone hardware has slightly faded. Has anyone with an older bag and gold tone hardware had the same experience?

I don't have a Panda with gold tone hardware, but my Obsedia bag (sheepskin) does. Its hardware has faded slightly but I think it adds to the overall look of the bag. What you can watch out for is oxidation (when the hardware has these rust brown splotches).

I don't have a Panda with gold tone hardware, but my Obsedia bag (sheepskin) does. Its hardware has faded slightly but I think it adds to the overall look of the bag. What you can watch out for is oxidation (when the hardware has these rust brown splotches).

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info! Makes me feel better! Just wanted to make sure it had been properly cared for and will be properly cared for. :smile:

Just browsing through old forums, and I too have some sort of distaste for the general YKK zipper. Since every bag, starting from those horrible plastic concoctions you can buy in every beach around the world have them. Atleast order a special variety of zippers from the manufacturers that doesn't have the obvious markings.

I am however more acceptable towards cotton and linen, especially if insides can be pulled out. Leather dents, marks and scratches so easily that a person like me, who always forgets to shield my pens and throws keys without pouches inside, can try and clean cotton better.