Trade in?

Hi!

I have purchased many D&B handbags over the years, but just recently took advantage of the trade-in-program. It is not the same as returning a defective item for repair. Some people get the two programs confused. On the QVC forums people get upset over the idea of the trade-in-program since Dooney states they destroy handbags traded in.

The D&B item must be authentic. They do take made just for QVC items. Condition does not matter. D&B will give you a credit for one half the current retail price on the item, to apply towards a REGULAR price item at least 2X the credit amount given. If an item is given a $200.00 credit, then you must purchase a $400.00 or more item.

Ship your item UPS or insured mail to:
Dooney and Bourke
Attn: Returns
1 Regent Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Include a note with your:
Name
Address
daytime phone number
and reason for return/trade-in

After receiving the trade in, they will send you a letter via mail within 7-10 days. It will have the phone number to place your order (can't do this online), it will have what they call an RA#, which you need to give them when you place your order. They say some new collections may be excluded, but I purchased a Sellaio collection handbag today and this is a pretty new bag. You must make your purchase within 30 days. CS has been kind and given me an extra 7-10 days when I need it, but you must speak directly to someone at CS to o.k. an extension or they will mail your bags back to you.
Last thing: Shipping $7.50/item

Sorry this is so long, but I hope I remembered everything.

Hi!

I have purchased many D&B handbags over the years, but just recently took advantage of the trade-in-program. It is not the same as returning a defective item for repair. Some people get the two programs confused. On the QVC forums people get upset over the idea of the trade-in-program since Dooney states they destroy handbags traded in.

The D&B item must be authentic. They do take made just for QVC items. Condition does not matter. D&B will give you a credit for one half the current retail price on the item, to apply towards a REGULAR price item at least 2X the credit amount given. If an item is given a $200.00 credit, then you must purchase a $400.00 or more item.

Dooney and Bourke
1 Regent Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Name
Address
daytime phone number

After receiving the trade in, they will send you a letter via mail within 7-10 days. It will have the phone number to place your order (can't do this online), it will have what they call an RA#, which you need to give them when you place your order. They say some new collections may be excluded, but I purchased a Sellaio collection handbag today and this is a pretty new bag. You must make your purchase within 30 days. CS has been kind and given me an extra 7-10 days when I need it, but you must speak directly to someone at CS to o.k. an extension or they will mail your bags back to you.

You did, awesome job!

Hi!

Dooney and Bourke
1 Regent Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Name
Address
daytime phone number

Thank you so much! I think I will have to stArt taking advantage of it since there's so many cute bags coming out. Thanks again!

About the trade in program, is dooney the only company offers such a generous program to offer half of retail credit? does lv, mk or coach offer a trade in or just fix repairs? i feel dooney is the only company that would rather give you a credit and let you pick out another bag compared to other the traditional high end companies offering repairs. i recently sent my dooney for zipper repair and they just gave me a dooney half retail credit. i ended up asking them to send the bag back to me so i can get the zipper by a shoesmith. I wonder what is dooney repairs-to-trade in ratio? So is dooney the only company offering trade in credit?

About the trade in program, is dooney the only company offers such a generous program to offer half of retail credit? does lv, mk or coach offer a trade in or just fix repairs? i feel dooney is the only company that would rather give you a credit and let you pick out another bag compared to other the traditional high end companies offering repairs. i recently sent my dooney for zipper repair and they just gave me a dooney half retail credit. i ended up asking them to send the bag back to me so i can get the zipper by a shoesmith. I wonder what is dooney repairs-to-trade in ratio? So is dooney the only company offering trade in credit?
Coach does not

Hi!

Dooney and Bourke
1 Regent Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Name
Address
daytime phone number

One correction to the above info...you don't have to buy a bag that costs twice the credit. However if you choose a cheaper bag, the trade in credit is reduced.

Hmmmmmmm. Did you know they changed to one year repair. Yes. I know about the 40% off if a bag cant be repaired
I knew they changed their warranty period (and return period), but I hadn't paid much attention. I have never sent a bag of ANY brand in for repair. (They don't get much damage in their dustbags, lol.) I wonder if Coach will discontinue that 40% discount after the warranty period is over. :thinking: