Which Antigona? Please help me to decide.

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi ladies, please help me to decide. I've got my eye on the black shiny and smooth Antigona and the dark grey more textured leather one. Which one should I go for and why? I like the idea of the grey because I tend to always go for black bags but the shiny black is so stunning!

Both are exquisite. A fellow tpfr just got her dark grey (in small). You should see the lovely photos. If you have alot of black bags and no greys, then a grey can be a great way to diversify yet keep it neutral. If you don't have many black bags, the black shiny can be that classic chic black bag everyone needs.

Both are exquisite. A fellow tpfr just got her dark grey (in small). You should see the lovely photos. If you have alot of black bags and no greys, then a grey can be a great way to diversify yet keep it neutral. If you don't have many black bags, the black shiny can be that classic chic black bag everyone needs.

Thanks for your reply. I just looked at the reveal thread and her grey small Antigona is gorgeous. The shiny black is also a great classic. I have seriously downsized my bag collection and all my bags are black - Celine Mini Luggage, 2 Chanel flaps in black and Miu Miu Bow in black which I use for work. However, I've just purchased a Celine Phantom in taupe which is gorgeous but which I will probably return as I'm terrified of colour transfer from dark clothing. I feel that because the black Antigona is so smooth and shiny, it's different to a normal black bag but the dark grey is a nice neutral without being too light to show up dirt and colour transfer.

Hard choice! I've just bought the shiny black and it really is an incredible bag, especially with the oversized hardware. It just looks so smart for work and its got tons of compliments already! But the dark grey also looks really striking. I was torn between the shiny black and black goatskin for awhile and kept pictures of both on my iPad and kept looking at them over a few weeks until finally one just appealed more to me. Maybe if you can see them both in real life too, you might prefer one to the other.

Good luck with your decision, I think whichever you choose though you'll be happy with it.

Hard choice! I've just bought the shiny black and it really is an incredible bag, especially with the oversized hardware. It just looks so smart for work and its got tons of compliments already! But the dark grey also looks really striking. I was torn between the shiny black and black goatskin for awhile and kept pictures of both on my iPad and kept looking at them over a few weeks until finally one just appealed more to me. Maybe if you can see them both in real life too, you might prefer one to the other.

Good luck with your decision, I think whichever you choose though you'll be happy with it.

Thanks. I've seen the shiny black in real life but only the small version of the dark grey so I can't do a side by side comparison unfortunately. The grey I would have to order online as I've not seen it in the medium in any shop near me.

Thanks for your reply. I just looked at the reveal thread and her grey small Antigona is gorgeous. The shiny black is also a great classic. I have seriously downsized my bag collection and all my bags are black - Celine Mini Luggage, 2 Chanel flaps in black and Miu Miu Bow in black which I use for work. However, I've just purchased a Celine Phantom in taupe which is gorgeous but which I will probably return as I'm terrified of colour transfer from dark clothing. I feel that because the black Antigona is so smooth and shiny, it's different to a normal black bag but the dark grey is a nice neutral without being too light to show up dirt and colour transfer.

Wow, you do have quite a few black bags. Perhaps a grey would be the right smidge of color for your family. I agree with Sazzy's method...just sit on it. No rush. I have done that too. One day, your heart may just decide for your brain :smile:

Hi ladies, please help me to decide. I've got my eye on the black shiny and smooth Antigona and the dark grey more textured leather one. Which one should I go for and why? I like the idea of the grey because I tend to always go for black bags but the shiny black is so stunning!
i'm having the exact same debate! i've been sitting on it for a week and some mornings I want the shiny black and some mornings i want the dark gray. in an ideal world, they'd make a shiny dark gray and solve all my problems!

i do get what you mean that the shine factor of the black kind of sets it apart from the typical black bag -- because it's true - the shininess helps it stand out even more. another reason i've been leaning toward to shiny black is that it's supposed to stay more structured than the goatskin version of the bag.

HOWEVER, gray does add a little color to the collection without being too snazzy or difficult to color coordinate with your outfits.

I believe the gray also comes in silver hardware (the shiny black comes in pale gold hardware) so maybe you can think about the kind of jewelry you wear on a day to day basis and whether you want to match your jewelry to the hardware as well?

i'm having the exact same debate! i've been sitting on it for a week and some mornings I want the shiny black and some mornings i want the dark gray. in an ideal world, they'd make a shiny dark gray and solve all my problems!

i do get what you mean that the shine factor of the black kind of sets it apart from the typical black bag -- because it's true - the shininess helps it stand out even more. another reason i've been leaning toward to shiny black is that it's supposed to stay more structured than the goatskin version of the bag.

HOWEVER, gray does add a little color to the collection without being too snazzy or difficult to color coordinate with your outfits.

I believe the gray also comes in silver hardware (the shiny black comes in pale gold hardware) so maybe you can think about the kind of jewelry you wear on a day to day basis and whether you want to match your jewelry to the hardware as well?

To be honest, the hardware thing is what got me to the final decision. I love silver and gold was never my thing, so right there I knew.

Good luck with your decision. I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm not really into being matchy-matchy so the hardware is not an issue. I have both rose gold and platinum jewellery and I like to mix it up a bit.

That was my issue too, I liked the shiny leather of the black but preferred the silver hardware on the goatskin. I've never really liked gold hardware on my black bags. However I took the plunge and am glad I did, the gold is really pale and doesn't bother me at all. So definitely think about what colour hardware you prefer.

Not sure if this will help, but I looked at some YouTube reviews of both bags I was contemplating and it really helped me decide.

That was my issue too, I liked the shiny leather of the black but preferred the silver hardware on the goatskin. I've never really liked gold hardware on my black bags. However I took the plunge and am glad I did, the gold is really pale and doesn't bother me at all. So definitely think about what colour hardware you prefer.

Not sure if this will help, but I looked at some YouTube reviews of both bags I was contemplating and it really helped me decide.

That's a good idea. I will check it out.