Mini or something else for everyday?

JazzyMac

Jazzy says, "buy the bag".
O.G.
Aug 22, 2013
Hello Lovelies!

I've been sucked into the Chanel Vortex, so now I'd like your opinions. I want an everyday bag, small, cross body, mainly for day, but can go into nights. Most of the time when I travel, I have a couple of days of downtime from work to skittish around cities. I thought I found true love when I saw the Bottega Veneta Mini Messenger, but that's not panned out very well. Then I thought, "Why not a mini?"

- I already have a Flap 225 and Boy WOC, why another Chanel?
- Chanels are awesome (yes they are!)
- Didn't want to go traipsing through cities with "CC" all over my bags (hence my above choices)
- BUT! I'm no longer young and naive, nor do I hang in places that are considered seedy. And even if someone were to try and snatch my bag, the bag is the least of my worries (karate anyone?) I'm grown...so that means insurance.
- The color I want--Burgundy--in caviar seemed to be only in Europe these seasons. That's okay, but did I even want the burgundy caviar? Not sure.
- The meat pack and chevron mini is what has caught my eye. Ideally, I'd love the chevron mini with the meat pack hardware, but no dice.
- Usually when I'm out and about in the daytime, I juggle my phone w/ battery case and sunglasses. Will they fit both?
- Has anyone figured out a cool way to store sunglasses when not being worn? I usually hang them on my clothes, or necklace...but how annoying!
- So in all my blabbering, would the mini be great for traipsing around the city or short day trips (when I'm not using a big bag and the WOC is not an option)
- OR, since I already have the WOC, would it be a moot point getting the mini?
- I've seen the support for lambskin and how tough it is. But ease my mind here. Is it *really* tough?

Thanks so much everyone!

Something small and cross body Chanel means WOC or mini to me. But obviously you ruled WOC out already so moving on to next option

Honestly, with mini, my Chanel sunnies can hardly fit there! So although some ladies here said mini fits more, it's not applicable in my case. They fit the same to me since I need a card case for mini!

I literally can only fit my iPhone, Chanel sunnies and a small card case.

I can also fit my iPhone and sunnies into half moon WOC.

But taking color into consideration, meat package mini seems to be the one! I just saw a burgundy meat package mini at my local NM.

Something small and cross body Chanel means WOC or mini to me. But obviously you ruled WOC out already so moving on to next option

Honestly, with mini, my Chanel sunnies can hardly fit there! So although some ladies here said mini fits more, it's not applicable in my case. They fit the same to me since I need a card case for mini!

I literally can only fit my iPhone, Chanel sunnies and a small card case.

I can also fit my iPhone and sunnies into half moon WOC.

But taking color into consideration, meat package mini seems to be the one! I just saw a burgundy meat package mini at my local NM.

Ohhhh cool! If I can fit sunglasses and my phone then that is cool with me, since I could put the cards and cash in a pocket versus in my card case. I just didn't want to struggle just like I do with my WOC. Thanks for responding calflu!

I love my rectangle mini. I use it as my daily bag. It carries my sunglasses, phone, earbuds, battery pack, keys, and some cards. The sunglasses take up a lot of space so I don’t bring a card holder. I usually just slip whatever cards I need into the inner pocket or a receipt holder.

Lambskin is definitely delicate compared to other leathers but it’s not too much to handle. With lambskin, I feel like you have to be ok with some scratches. Most scratches can be rubbed away and others can only be seen at certain angles/lighting. It’s hard to notice these things unless you are inspecting it up close. For me, the luxurious feel of lambskin is definitely worth the few scratches.

Best of luck in deciding!

maybe you can try to fit your essentials in the mini before deciding? but i find it too small for me.
and for glasses, i only bring my folding rayban aviator when i carry small bags, it fits perfectly in every small bags i got :smile:

do you consider a medium? it is still a small bag

maybe you can try to fit your essentials in the mini before deciding? but i find it too small for me.
and for glasses, i only bring my folding rayban aviator when i carry small bags, it fits perfectly in every small bags i got :smile:

do you consider a medium? it is still a small bag

That is definitely a great idea. I know this sounds weird, but I hate trying out any purse unless it's on my short list to purchase. The last time I went into a Chanel looking for a wallet, I saw a blue mini and only looked inside while the SA had it open. Now that I remember it, I was pretty amazed at the space inside. Thanks for triggering that memory!

I've made my decision...reveal to come soon!

That is definitely a great idea. I know this sounds weird, but I hate trying out any purse unless it's on my short list to purchase. The last time I went into a Chanel looking for a wallet, I saw a blue mini and only looked inside while the SA had it open. Now that I remember it, I was pretty amazed at the space inside. Thanks for triggering that memory!

I've made my decision...reveal to come soon!

yay excited for your reveal soon :smile: