Should I keep my new Celine Phantom?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I just bought a Phantom in a colour called Taupe as I thought it was a lovely neutral and alternative to black. The leather is not the smooth kind, it's the one that is more textured, slightly pebbled. I'm not sure what that's called - sorry! I have never owned a light coloured bag before and I'm really scared to use it because I'm terrified of colour transfer. I always wear black or dark skinny jeans in the winter so colour transfer is inevitable. If it means the bag will stain I will probably just return the bag but if the colour transfer could be removed I will take the bag out and enjoy her. It was between this bag and a very dark grey Antigona and now I'm thinking I should have played it safe and got the Antigona as it was a darker colour. What do you ladies think? Does anyone own a light coloured bag in this area and how dirty does it get? TIA.

I think you should keep the phantom. I know what leather you're talking about because I almost bought the same bag you did! The leather is actually pretty sturdy and color transfer won't happen so easily on the bag. But have you considered any of the darker colors for the phantom? I think if you feel really uncomfortable then switch it for a darker color instead of the Antigona because the phantom is a great piece.

Unfortunately where I live there is not much choice of Celine bags. As soon as they come in they fly out. i haven't seen any neutral phantoms lately. I would have loved a black croc stamped phantom but I've never seen one in the shops where I live. To be honest I love the look of the Phantom but not sure how practical it is as its so wide and open but I don't like how it looks when the wings are folded in.

Unfortunately where I live there is not much choice of Celine bags. As soon as they come in they fly out. i haven't seen any neutral phantoms lately. I would have loved a black croc stamped phantom but I've never seen one in the shops where I live. To be honest I love the look of the Phantom but not sure how practical it is as its so wide and open but I don't like how it looks when the wings are folded in.

Aw I see what you're saying. I have a phantom (croc stamped) and I find it to be most practical out of all my bags. The wide opening is something I like because you can fill it up as much as you want and it's easy to get in and out of.

The only issues I find is that I have to be careful because someone can shove their hands in and grab something. And another issue is that it is very heavy.

But if the phantoms are rare where you live then I really suggest keeping it. And they look extravagant with its large size and huge wings. Have you considered calling up boutiques and asking them if they can ship to you? That really helps and it will expand the amount of choices you have in the colors and sizes!

I just bought a Phantom in a colour called Taupe as I thought it was a lovely neutral and alternative to black. The leather is not the smooth kind, it's the one that is more textured, slightly pebbled. I'm not sure what that's called - sorry! I have never owned a light coloured bag before and I'm really scared to use it because I'm terrified of colour transfer. I always wear black or dark skinny jeans in the winter so colour transfer is inevitable. If it means the bag will stain I will probably just return the bag but if the colour transfer could be removed I will take the bag out and enjoy her. It was between this bag and a very dark grey Antigona and now I'm thinking I should have played it safe and got the Antigona as it was a darker colour. What do you ladies think? Does anyone own a light coloured bag in this area and how dirty does it get? TIA.
Keep it. Phantom in the leather you have own is more durable than the regular one. I believe there is a topic about how to protect your bag from color transfer.

Aw I see what you're saying. I have a phantom (croc stamped) and I find it to be most practical out of all my bags. The wide opening is something I like because you can fill it up as much as you want and it's easy to get in and out of.

The only issues I find is that I have to be careful because someone can shove their hands in and grab something. And another issue is that it is very heavy.

But if the phantoms are rare where you live then I really suggest keeping it. And they look extravagant with its large size and huge wings. Have you considered calling up boutiques and asking them if they can ship to you? That really helps and it will expand the amount of choices you have in the colors and sizes!

Yeah I'm afraid of people putting their hand in my bag and grabbing my purse as it's so open. I love how dramatic and stylish it looks but it does feel quite wide for my petite frame. I have considered having a bag shipped to me but I do prefer to see and handle the bag before purchasing. I'm also very picky so if there was the tiniest scratch I'd be sending it back!

Yeah I'm afraid of people putting their hand in my bag and grabbing my purse as it's so open. I love how dramatic and stylish it looks but it does feel quite wide for my petite frame. I have considered having a bag shipped to me but I do prefer to see and handle the bag before purchasing. I'm also very picky so if there was the tiniest scratch I'd be sending it back!

Honestly, when it comes to phantoms I don't think you need to worry about your size/frame etc because the bag is meant to be large and oversized.

About the pickpocketing thing, I haven't heard stories of someone grabbing anything from phantoms but I guess what you could do is put the most valuable things in the inside zip pocket.

I hope you enjoy the phantom you have. They definitely are rare. Don't worry about someone stealing something. Its still pretty hard to shove hands in anyways. And if you feel a bit unsafe, even if it doesn't look nice, you can always push the wings in and secure them closed.

Do you live in London honey? I've been to the store on mount street,and didnt see a lot of phantoms, , selfridges has a better selection,

yours is beautiful, and perfect all year round, but you sound not so convinced, would you prefer another celine? Perhaps the tie?

I have a celine trotteur in textured taupe, pretty much like the leather and colour you have,and I had no problem with it, no discolorations or marks on it so far,

Do you live in London honey? I've been to the store on mount street,and didnt see a lot of phantoms, , selfridges has a better selection,

yours is beautiful, and perfect all year round, but you sound not so convinced, would you prefer another celine? Perhaps the tie?

I have a celine trotteur in textured taupe, pretty much like the leather and colour you have,and I had no problem with it, no discolorations or marks on it so far,

I love the tie bag too! So do you wear your trotteur with dark clothing and denim? And you don't have colour transfer?

Did you notice which bags they had in Selfridges? I actually live in Manchester.