The current SO - 2 questions

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
Maybe I missed this while away on B.I. -- Those who are or have placed an SO that is now closing, were you told orders are single color only? If so will these pieces be marked with the horseshoe? Other than to speed up production, I fail to understand the logic but then again who am I to wonder about Hermes!

The second question is directed to those who own Gris T or Etain or both, which is more versatile? My initial thought was Gris T but Etain looked pretty darn nice. The only minus to Gris T might be the ability to keep it clean. I am looking at Swift for Etain as it is not offered in chevre. Gris T. I am unsure whether it is available in chevre, so if not it will be Swift. The style a 28 Kelly.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer nuggets that I might not have come to mind already.

Gris T is precious in a 28 kelly. While I have owned both colors, I feel that Gris T is in a league of its own. It doesn't get dirty easily (unless you are Kim K and let the stain sit there for months)

Gris T is less cool if that makes sense. Etain is wet cement. If that sounds good to you, you will love it. I thought I was going to but it didn't work for me. Gris T is soft and baby elephant-y.

Any help? :smile:

Gris T is precious in a 28 kelly. While I have owned both colors, I feel that Gris T is in a league of its own. It doesn't get dirty easily (unless you are Kim K and let the stain sit there for months)

Not a KK by any stretch; lean toward fastidious. Another question. live in a 4 season locale. Would Gris T be okay in the long winter stretch? (Gris T was the first color out of my mouth when I said I'd love a neutral this time. The jump to "wet cement etain" may have been because I was wearing gray and black when I saw the swatches and the thought of uh oh will Gris T be a bear to keep looking nice. Indeed it looked softer to my eye than etain.

I have gris t in an Evelyn which I use mostly with my daughter (playground, zoo, amusement parks), ie it is not babied and it looks new. So I don't think the colour is hard to keep clean and I would get it in a k/b.
I passed on an etain Kelly once, the colour just wasn't for me, wet cement is a good description of etain.

Not a KK by any stretch; lean toward fastidious. Another question. live in a 4 season locale. Would Gris T be okay in the long winter stretch? (Gris T was the first color out of my mouth when I said I'd love a neutral this time. The jump to "wet cement etain" may have been because I was wearing gray and black when I saw the swatches and the thought of uh oh will Gris T be a bear to keep looking nice. Indeed it looked softer to my eye than etain.

Just the fact that you want a 28k tells me you should go with Gris T! Plus you have that fabulous RT kelly right? Trust me you will love Gris T a million times more, and you can wear it all year long because you won't be able not to (plus the black resin)! It doesn't get dirty easily. I like Etain too but not nearly as much and I think the best rendition is in a 35 B for travel.

Gris T hands down. I have both, the gris T never looks dirty and I use it heavily without a twilly on the handle. The black resin is the key, it makes the bag work in all seasons and looks great with all my blacks and grays. Etain is gorgeous as well but I just don't love it in the same way and rarely use it.
What leather are you thinking for the gris T? If you were set on gold hardware, that might sway my opinion as I love etain with gold.

Just look at this Gris T / Parme Kelly :drool: (repost from Naznazif on IG reposted from KittyRoyale_)

I suck air and die more than twice. Fabulously stupifyingly gorgeous. (I still don't get why solid color only on this go around for SOs. Would love to hear if anyone has heard why.) I am going with Gris T and if in Chevre that "cements" my decision. lol

Maybe I missed this while away on B.I. -- Those who are or have placed an SO that is now closing, were you told orders are single color only? If so will these pieces be marked with the horseshoe? Other than to speed up production, I fail to understand the logic but then again who am I to wonder about Hermes!

The second question is directed to those who own Gris T or Etain or both, which is more versatile? My initial thought was Gris T but Etain looked pretty darn nice. The only minus to Gris T might be the ability to keep it clean. I am looking at Swift for Etain as it is not offered in chevre. Gris T. I am unsure whether it is available in chevre, so if not it will be Swift. The style a 28 Kelly.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer nuggets that I might not have come to mind already.

My understanding is that you could order any discontinued color in all one color, no modifications in design, but that you could still order bicolor bags in whatever colors being offered during this SO period. These could be modified. I haven't a clue if the discontinued colors will come with horseshoe or not. I didn't ask.

Gris T hands down. I have both, the gris T never looks dirty and I use it heavily without a twilly on the handle. The black resin is the key, it makes the bag work in all seasons and looks great with all my blacks and grays. Etain is gorgeous as well but I just don't love it in the same way and rarely use it.
What leather are you thinking for the gris T? If you were set on gold hardware, that might sway my opinion as I love etain with gold.

I am going to stick with my first thought which is Gris t. The reason for going sideways to etain was the dirt factor. If I am bound to one color throughout as said by the SA, then chèvre would be my choice. Am unsure of hardware but gold may be the best compliment since my reaction in viewing the swatch was oh a nice warm hue -- well under those warm canned lights in the store. It is a shame I only looked at etain in the natural outdoor lighting.

My understanding is that you could order any discontinued color in all one color, no modifications in design, but that you could still order bicolor bags in whatever colors being offered during this SO period. These could be modified. I haven't a clue if the discontinued colors will come with horseshoe or not. I didn't ask.

CG, they do not get a horseshoe. I got a discontinued SO chartreuse and no horseshoe.