Jumbo too heavy ? Jumbo or Boy ?

giorgina

O.G.
Oct 3, 2009
Hello ladies Im considering to buy a jumbo bag I would like to know if the jumbo gets heavy Its a beautiful bag I got the M/L flap and its not heavy at all Do you advice me to buy a jumbo or a Boy in medium size ? Thank you very much

I have a so black jumbo and it's much heavier than my m/l. I think it's because the chains themselves are much longer/heavier. To me, it gets heavy to carry after awhile and for that reason I don't like taking if I know I'll be carrying all day. I generally use to go to work where I can hang up or shorter shopping trips. I can't wear my jumbo single strap either. I can't give advice on a medium boy since I only have a small sized boy. The reissue is nice size and not heavy like a jumbo.

The medium Boy is a smaller bag with no flap and no leather lining, cannot fit too many stuff inside so it is lighter but if you are a light packer like me makes no difference when use the Jumbo for the stuff you put inside the medium Boy.

Can you please help me authenticate this:
Chanel Jumbo Flapbag with gold hardware
Serialnumber: 10218181

Attachments

• IMG_3184.PNG
    IMG_3184.PNG
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 1,626
  • IMG_3185.PNG
    IMG_3185.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,634
  • IMG_3186.PNG
    IMG_3186.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,631
  • IMG_3187.PNG
    IMG_3187.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,639
  • IMG_3188.PNG
    IMG_3188.PNG
    567.5 KB · Views: 1,597
  • IMG_3189.PNG
    IMG_3189.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,626
  • IMG_3190.PNG
    IMG_3190.PNG
    484 KB · Views: 1,563
  • IMG_3191.PNG
    IMG_3191.PNG
    563.6 KB · Views: 1,589
Hello ladies Im considering to buy a jumbo bag I would like to know if the jumbo gets heavy Its a beautiful bag I got the M/L flap and its not heavy at all Do you advice me to buy a jumbo or a Boy in medium size ? Thank you very much

I don't have a jumbo (though it is beautiful), but when I did try one on at the store, I can say that it would have been too heavy for me with all the stuff I would put in there. It would be convenient to be able to carry around more things, but it wouldn't suit me for daily use. I think the medium boy bag can house the essentials without becoming too heavy, but that would depend entirely on what your "essentials" are. I suggest you try on the bags in person if you haven't already because it makes a huge difference. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing my Reissue 226 and my initial reaction to seeing the bag in person was "OMG, this is so small!" =D but after having it for awhile now, I find it is the perfect size for me.

You never know, my theory is that you will eventually end up with both anyways :P After all, this habit is so addicting!

Good luck on your decision and please share your new bag once you do :smile:

A jumbo can get a bit heavy, but I don't think it's unmanageable. I use mine as a daily bag and absolutely love it. I recommend going to the store, fitting your wallet, phone, sunglasses....whatever you think you will carry in it, and just carrying it for a while to see if it's too heavy for you. Are you used to carrying a lot in your bags? Do you usually carry big bags? If so, I think the jumbo should feel just fine.

Personally, I find my jumbo very heavy and it's a single flap - can't imagine what a double flap must weigh. I haven't worn my jumbo in 4+ years but I sort of remember having temporary imprints on my shoulder after wearing the bag for a few hours.

Hi
In addition to the weight of the Jumbo, any comments on the size itself? I am torn between the Jumbo and the Classic Medium as my first Chanel. The Jumbo in person is rather large for everyday use.

Hi
In addition to the weight of the Jumbo, any comments on the size itself? I am torn between the Jumbo and the Classic Medium as my first Chanel. The Jumbo in person is rather large for everyday use.

So the ladies will need to correct me but I don't think the storage space in the double flap jumbo is much bigger than the medium. When the jumbos were single flap, the difference was much more apparent. I used to stuff everything in my single flap jumbo - water bottle, long wallet, keys, etc. I never needed to worry about things not fitting.

In terms of wear, I think the jumbo is better for everyday use while the medium is for occasional use. The medium is much smaller than it looks, I can fit a long wallet and not much else. If I didn't love long wallets so much, I guess I could make the medium work for everyday use.

I have a caviar jumbo double flap silver hardware. I don't find it very heavy at all. I am now regretting that I didn't get the jumbo in gold hardware. The jumbo does look a little bit big on my shoulder. I can't wear it in single strap as it looks much better double strap. I do not live near a store that sells Chanel, so I have never seen a m/l in person, so I don't know if the m/l is too small. I just found out that the m/l can not be worn cross body. I am trying to decide if I should get another jumbo in gold hardware or a m/l in gold hardware. I don't want the m/l to look like a pee wee sized bag. I like the boy bags, but would rather stick with the classics.

I have both the bags you're debating over. They're very different bags. The jumbo carries much more than the boy. I dare say it fits close to 2x as the boy. I noticed that I really can't over-stuff my boy because the shape is very unforgiving.

I'm 5'1" and my jumbo was not too heavy for me at all. I weighed a frail 90lbs when I first carried it, and I didn't work out either. I would recommend that if the weight is your primary concern, you can start light with just a wallet and phone and keys, and add weight to your jumbo as you carry it more. You'll get used to it.

I don't think carrying it in store with all your items inside will help you make an informed decision because you're still just carrying it for 5 to 10 minutes maximum. If you have generous friend who has a jumbo, asking if you can borrow it for a day or two while shopping would give you a much better idea.

IHTH! :smile:

Can you please help me authenticate this:
Chanel Jumbo Flapbag with gold hardware
Serialnumber: 10218181
hello.

i am a Japanese, i can read Japanese on the authentic card. the Japanese on the pic u posted is wrong. マーク is mark, which is correct. but yours says マータ. do u see the difference btw タ&ク?it doesn't make sence at all. so i believe it is fake.

hello.

i am a Japanese, i can read Japanese on the authentic card. the Japanese on the pic u posted is wrong. マーク is mark, which is correct. but yours says マータ. do u see the difference btw タ&ク?it doesn't make sence at all. so i believe it is fake.

I am very impressed that you saw this!
It is something many of us did not know--thank you.