Pros & Cons of easy caviar vs Boy

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I'm thinking of purchasing a new Chanel bag in December with Christmas bonus. There is a huge price difference between the 2 bags in pic. The easy caviar is $3100. I believe bigger size costs $3400. And as of yesterday, the boys are $5100. I'm leaning towards boy cause it can be worn crossbody. Please share your thoughts.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412981384.067362.jpg

No one feels like commenting tonight.😞. Maybe the answer is obvious and "Boy" is way to go? The SA seemed to think the easy caviar was a great value. But I want more than a great value. Hoping that I even have a choice in December and inventory is not low because of holidays.

It sounds like you already know the answer. I love the boy. I have the same bag and I love it soooo much. You will not regret it. Yes it does cost more than the easy caviar, but if you love it, then go for the one you love. Good luck in your decision.

Ultimately it voices down to which style you fancy more. I love both the easy caviar and the boy, but I am very girly in my dressing and don't feel that I can carry the boy well, so I bought the easy caviar, but I totally love how the boy looks on many of the tfers here, it is a really cool looking bag!

Thanks so much for opinions! I really appreciate it. I do think the boy will look nicer on me. I will try to post modeling pictures when I make purchase. Very excited!
Yes, modelling photo please. I bought the exact black boy in calfskin ( not sure the one in your picture too ), so loving it. I don't dress too girlie, but for me, the boy bag just fits my personality so well. Good luck in choosing.

You should choose the bag that makes you happy (regardless of price). If you think about it 3k+ is still a lot of money and you don't want to spend that plus the 5k+ down the road if the boy is really what you want. They are both beautiful....good luck deciding!

I noticed you have several posts recently about WOCs, minis, and m/ls besides boy and easy caviar.

Have you completely ruled those out?

Step back and give yourself some time and rethink what you want. I am sure the answer is already with you.

And don't settle on prices! Get the one that you really want

Last edited:
Both bags are seasonal pieces. It might be very hard to find the Easy Caviar on December as it will already be Cruise season.

Listen to your heart and get what you love most. ;)

Calflu - Yes, I got my black caviar WOC and that is a winner. Totally I'm love with it. I purchased a couple weeks prior the dark gray patent WOC that was seasonal and I did not care for it so I returned it.
Now I want my next Chanel to be a little larger. My SA agrees that very good chance the easy caviar will not be available in December. He suggested a navy bubble CC that is coming in shortly for cruise or the French Riviera. How much more does the medium classics costs compared to the Boys? I really do not want to go over $5300. Thanks!