Massaccesi Aphrodite

djfmn

Massaccesi Little Muse (acid green nappa)
O.G.
Mar 30, 2006
I love the Aphrodite style it was the first Massaccesi bag I ordered. I wanted another one in the purple but without the gray handles and trim. I wanted an all purple bag. I sent a email to sweet Valentina and asked if I can get a purple Aphrodite as a bespoke.

I am getting a purple Aphrodite!!!! Sooo excited.
Aphrodite is the perfect size bag for me. I just had to get another one and I really wanted an all purple bag. Marco is so accommodating I asked him if he would mind making an all purple bag and he said as a bespoke sure.

I am in line to get my second Massaccesi Aphrodite bag. :yahoo::yahoo:

From reading all the posts, I ordered the red and black Aphrodite. I am excited to get it. Glad to hear that they can make all one color or color options not listed. I am already thinking that if I really like it, would love one in Paprika:smile:

The only surprise was that is needs to be made. I thought that non bespoke orders would be readily available.

Congrats to both of you! My purple/grey Aphrodite is on its way to me as of this morning. Can't wait to see it in person. If I like it, I'm already dreaming of what I want next. :smile: Looking forward to seeing everyone's bags!

From reading all the posts, I ordered the red and black Aphrodite. I am excited to get it. Glad to hear that they can make all one color or color options not listed. I am already thinking that if I really like it, would love one in Paprika:smile:

The only surprise was that is needs to be made. I thought that non bespoke orders would be readily available.

Piky1 as you know I already have an Aphrodite in gray with black handles and I absolutely love this style. I wanted a second one but as I said I did not want it with contrasting straps. It is the perfect bag and style for me. It is beautifully made and I personally love the fact that they make the bag especially for you even with standard colors. This gives you the opportunity to make small changes even to a standard bag. I have seen people request shorter straps on a standard bag. If it was already made you might not be able to make these types of requests and adjustments. For me having that option is great and definitely worth a small wait.

Congrats to both of you! My purple/grey Aphrodite is on its way to me as of this morning. Can't wait to see it in person. If I like it, I'm already dreaming of what I want next. :smile: Looking forward to seeing everyone's bags!

Moonstarr I am so looking forward to your reveal. I am partial to the Aphrodite that is why I ordered a second one.

It is such a great bag. Holds a lot but is very stylish and sophisticated and as you know Marco makes beautiful bags. The purple leather is a beautiful shade. I love the way it looks in the evening light it has a smoky hue to it. In the day it has a rich deep purple color.

Piky1 as you know I already have an Aphrodite in gray with black handles and I absolutely love this style. I wanted a second one but as I said I did not want it with contrasting straps. It is the perfect bag and style for me. It is beautifully made and I personally love the fact that they make the bag especially for you even with standard colors. This gives you the opportunity to make small changes even to a standard bag. I have seen people request shorter straps on a standard bag. If it was already made you might not be able to make these types of requests and adjustments. For me having that option is great and definitely worth a small wait.

This is really a great service to in advance for a small fee to make adjustments in the standard bag!!

I love the Aphrodite style it was the first Massaccesi bag I ordered. I wanted another one in the purple but without the gray handles and trim. I wanted an all purple bag. I sent a email to sweet Valentina and asked if I can get a purple Aphrodite as a bespoke.

I am getting a purple Aphrodite!!!! Sooo excited.
Aphrodite is the perfect size bag for me. I just had to get another one and I really wanted an all purple bag. Marco is so accommodating I asked him if he would mind making an all purple bag and he said as a bespoke sure.

I am in line to get my second Massaccesi Aphrodite bag. :yahoo::yahoo:

Oh my, congrats on your second Aphrodite!
I thought you planned to get orange Zhoe as your third Massaccesi. Why the change?:smile:
I think all purple Aphrodite is going to be gorgeous! I still haven't decided on my second Massaccesi but you def enabling me:smile:

Oh my, congrats on your second Aphrodite!
I thought you planned to get orange Zhoe as your third Massaccesi. Why the change?:smile:
I think all purple Aphrodite is going to be gorgeous! I still haven't decided on my second Massaccesi but you def enabling me:smile:

Still planning to get an orange Zhoe that will be my birthday gift to myself next month!!!

I just had to have another Aphrodite I really love the style a lot. It is the perfect size and I decided that it would be really nice to have it in a single color without the contrasting straps or the piping.

I thought about a Minerva but felt that I know and love the Aphrodite style and I know it works for me and that is why it won out.

Still planning to get an orange Zhoe that will be my birthday gift to myself next month!!!

I just had to have another Aphrodite I really love the style a lot. It is the perfect size and I decided that it would be really nice to have it in a single color without the contrasting straps or the piping.

I thought about a Minerva but felt that I know and love the Aphrodite style and I know it works for me and that is why it won out.

I also want the single color Aphrodite but can't decide whether to order Aphrodite (because I love yours) or one more Athena. What should I do? I want to place an order but still haven't decided what to get...

I also want the single color Aphrodite but can't decide whether to order Aphrodite (because I love yours) or one more Athena. What should I do? I want to place an order but still haven't decided what to get...

Julija I know how difficult it is to decide between two bags especially when you know the Athena because that was your first bag from Massaccesi. I have looked at the Athena and compared it to the Zhoe. I love the style of the Zhoe but love the size of the Athena. I know how difficult it is to make these decisions especially when you know a bag because you already have one. Having said that I absolutely love the Aphrodite it is the perfect size without being too big. It has some structure but not too much. I have a small frame and I am 5'4" about 1.65meters and wear a US size 4. I am fairly small boned as well. I love the fact the Aphrodite fits close to my body but still has some structure to it.

I thought the Zhoe was going to be to small. I just made a paper version of the Zhoe using the measurements off the website and it is the right size. I guess I am not good at estimating the size based on measurements I am much better when I see the actual size made out of paper.

Now what should you do that is the million dollar question. As I said I love the Aphrodite it is the right bag for me based on the reasons I have given you. If you love a very structured bag then the Aphrodite is probably not the bag for you. If you like a bag with some structure but not too much then it is the right bag. If you love your Athena and it is the perfect bag for you go with another Athena. I know I am not much help I cannot compare the Athena to the Aphrodite as I do not have an Athena. Having said all that I personally am thinking that if I was to get another bag after the Zhoe it would definitely be a 3rd Aphrodite I like the style that much.

I must say half the fun of getting a new bag is making all the decisions of the style, color and the leather. Best of all Massaccesi is so accommodating you can ask them to make a bag designed around your choices.

Decisions decisions decisions!!!!!!

Julija I know how difficult it is to decide between two bags especially when you know the Athena because that was your first bag from Massaccesi. I have looked at the Athena and compared it to the Zhoe. I love the style of the Zhoe but love the size of the Athena. I know how difficult it is to make these decisions especially when you know a bag because you already have one. Having said that I absolutely love the Aphrodite it is the perfect size without being too big. It has some structure but not too much. I have a small frame and I am 5'4" about 1.65meters and wear a US size 4. I am fairly small boned as well. I love the fact the Aphrodite fits close to my body but still has some structure to it.

I thought the Zhoe was going to be to small. I just made a paper version of the Zhoe using the measurements off the website and it is the right size. I guess I am not good at estimating the size based on measurements I am much better when I see the actual size made out of paper.

Now what should you do that is the million dollar question. As I said I love the Aphrodite it is the right bag for me based on the reasons I have given you. If you love a very structured bag then the Aphrodite is probably not the bag for you. If you like a bag with some structure but not too much then it is the right bag. If you love your Athena and it is the perfect bag for you go with another Athena. I know I am not much help I cannot compare the Athena to the Aphrodite as I do not have an Athena. Having said all that I personally am thinking that if I was to get another bag after the Zhoe it would definitely be a 3rd Aphrodite I like the style that much.

I must say half the fun of getting a new bag is making all the decisions of the style, color and the leather. Best of all Massaccesi is so accommodating you can ask them to make a bag designed around your choices.

Decisions decisions decisions!!!!!!

Thank you for your reply, I highly appreciate it!
Honestly, I love all kind of bags, structured and not structured:biggrin: But I use more unstructured bags (Balenciaga are my favorite of all) so don't have any problem with Aphrodite being unstructured.
I guess I have to go for the Aphrodite seeing how much you love yours:graucho:
So now the color. I'm torn between 3 options:
1. Purple with gray handles (regular version)
2. Plum with black handles (bespoke)
3. Plum in single color (bespoke if it's possible at all)
You can see I'm a total purple fan girl:lol:
I think I should wait it out with Athena because I usually tend to use structured bags for work. For weekends I like a shoulder strap.
so what do you think? what color should I go for?

Honestly, I love all kind of bags, structured and not structured:biggrin: But I use more unstructured bags (Balenciaga are my favorite of all) so don't have any problem with Aphrodite being unstructured.
I think I should wait it out with Athena because I usually tend to use structured bags for work. For weekends I like a shoulder strap.

I love the purple with gray handles it is fun and sophisticated and the color is feminine and as I mentioned before changes hue in different light. It is a beautiful shade of purple and my experience is it goes with everything.
The plum is gorgeous as you can see I also love purple bags. The reason I went with the purple vs the plum is because I felt that the purple was a little more versatile. The plum is a more vibrant purple and this is purely my opinion and I do not claim to know colors but I felt it would be more limiting when it came to versatility. If I had lots and lots of bags and could pick a different bag for all different outfits and occasions then I would go with a color like plum. I think the shade of purple is fairly understated and a little more subdued. The plum is more fun and vibrant.

The plum with black handles grounds the color more and gives it more versatility because of the black. The all plum will be a fun color.
Of course I absolutely love the purple with the gray handles but remember I am biased I think the shade of purple is stunning.

Having said all this if I were thinking of a plum bag ask for a swatch in fact get swatches in all the colors you want. I was very apprehensive about the orange once I saw the swatch I was sold. It is a much deeper richer orange than my screen on my laptop shows relative to the picture on the website. This is completely normal for laptop screens to do this as it is very difficult to get an accurate color on a screen.

Hope that helps and does not make you even more confused.

The last point is the color you love will speak to you do not be swayed by other peoples choices but take them as a reference point in making your decision!!!

I thought I'd add my 2 cents as I am also a Bal gal (although I've sold off some and only have 4 left). It really has been my favourite bag though .. perfect size for me, I love that it's not structured, and that I can carry it by hand. I also love purple! I still have 2 Bals left in purple (LE Lilac and Bleu Lavande). I ended up ordering the purple with grey straps Aphrodite which is on the way (hoping to receive it by the end of the week).I did pay an extra EUR 20 to have the straps shortened to about a 5.5-6" length (over the 8.6) so make it easier for me to hand carry (I'm 5'5").

I think the purple with grey Aphrodite will be a very versatile colour and it was a great choice for my first bag from Massaccesi. If I love the style, my plan down the road is either the plum with black (I think it looks gorgeous on the website) OR see if they would be willing to use the teal leather with black straps (a current combo that's not showing as an option). If you do get a sample of the plum swatch I'd love to hear your comments on it. I hope it's as bright as how it appears on the website.

So to answer your question about the colour ... I think the Purple/Grey is a great first choice as it may be more wearable than the brighter plum.

Good luck with your choice!

I thought I'd add my 2 cents as I am also a Bal gal (although I've sold off some and only have 4 left). It really has been my favourite bag though .. perfect size for me, I love that it's not structured, and that I can carry it by hand. I also love purple! I still have 2 Bals left in purple (LE Lilac and Bleu Lavande). I ended up ordering the purple with grey straps Aphrodite which is on the way (hoping to receive it by the end of the week).I did pay an extra EUR 20 to have the straps shortened to about a 5.5-6" length (over the 8.6) so make it easier for me to hand carry (I'm 5'5").

I think the purple with grey Aphrodite will be a very versatile colour and it was a great choice for my first bag from Massaccesi. If I love the style, my plan down the road is either the plum with black (I think it looks gorgeous on the website) OR see if they would be willing to use the teal leather with black straps (a current combo that's not showing as an option). If you do get a sample of the plum swatch I'd love to hear your comments on it. I hope it's as bright as how it appears on the website.

So to answer your question about the colour ... I think the Purple/Grey is a great first choice as it may be more wearable than the brighter plum.

Good luck with your choice!

Ohhh, hi there Bal girl! I knew you ordered purple with gray handles and I can't wait to see your reveal and know your opinion. I love Bal City, my favorite bag ever, though I have sold some due to various reasons (including Bleu Lavande that I sometimes wish I didn't). But I still have some left including Dark Violet City that I love. I completely agree that purple with gray is very versatile combo but I just love how vibrant Plum color looks on my screen. All these purple colors are so gorgeous and impossible to pick just one.

I love the purple with gray handles it is fun and sophisticated and the color is feminine and as I mentioned before changes hue in different light. It is a beautiful shade of purple and my experience is it goes with everything.
The plum is gorgeous as you can see I also love purple bags. The reason I went with the purple vs the plum is because I felt that the purple was a little more versatile. The plum is a more vibrant purple and this is purely my opinion and I do not claim to know colors but I felt it would be more limiting when it came to versatility. If I had lots and lots of bags and could pick a different bag for all different outfits and occasions then I would go with a color like plum. I think the shade of purple is fairly understated and a little more subdued. The plum is more fun and vibrant.

The plum with black handles grounds the color more and gives it more versatility because of the black. The all plum will be a fun color.
Of course I absolutely love the purple with the gray handles but remember I am biased I think the shade of purple is stunning.

Having said all this if I were thinking of a plum bag ask for a swatch in fact get swatches in all the colors you want. I was very apprehensive about the orange once I saw the swatch I was sold. It is a much deeper richer orange than my screen on my laptop shows relative to the picture on the website. This is completely normal for laptop screens to do this as it is very difficult to get an accurate color on a screen.

Hope that helps and does not make you even more confused.

The last point is the color you love will speak to you do not be swayed by other peoples choices but take them as a reference point in making your decision!!!

I agree that plum is more vibrant and fun color but purple with gray is more versatile.
Maybe as you say single color plum could be too much but black handles ground the plum color. Maybe I should stick with that. Initially I was set on purple with gray but after seeing this plum I just can't get it out of my head.I guess we can't choose who we love:lol: