Watch or jewelry to celebrate promotion?

dster1

O.G.
Sep 10, 2012
Hi everyone, I recently got a new job and promotion. I want to treat myself to something nice and I'm torn between a Cartier tank (francaise or solo) watch or a Tiffany DBTY in rose gold (.19 ct or so).

I know the price and items are so different but if given the option, which would you choose? Right now I have watches from citizen and Burberry. I don't have any other jewelry from Tiffany's aside from a bead bracelet.

Fwiw, I'm 25 in NYC and work in Finance.

TIA!

I have a Cartier watch and now a DBTY, and I would choose the watch anyday of the week. My DBTY is .41 and I honestly wish it was bigger. The watch though is super classic and I think will make a better statement and investment than a smaller DBTY. So I personally would get the watch and then later would get the necklace. Just my experience.

I have a Cartier watch and now a DBTY, and I would choose the watch anyday of the week. My DBTY is .41 and I honestly wish it was bigger. The watch though is super classic and I think will make a better statement and investment than a smaller DBTY. So I personally would get the watch and then later would get the necklace. Just my experience.
Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Exactly what I was going to suggest.
Yup!
Plus a nice watch will make you look very conscientious...sorry if I sound like your Mother. UGH!

I just saw your post in the other thread. I see what you mean about not getting it in small size. I think the .41 looks great on you and will probably regret getting something on the small end.

Honestly, I'd get the watch. That's a significant timepiece upgrade, and a worthy one. It's also something you'll see everyday, wear everyday, and kind of a "power" piece you can wear to work. When people in your field see that, they'll see that you do well.

Do you think the watch will look too flashy for someone my age? I have a love bracelet and sometimes feel self conscious about it.

I don't think so, as long as you keep it on the moderate/smaller side and don't get a massive sized one. Keep it small and traditional and it will look classic and tasteful and above all: professional.

Another vote for the watch.

OR, do you wear earrings? Do you already own a pair of diamond studs? If not, they would be my top choice since you already own two other watches. I think diamond studs would really give you lots of mileage; both at work and at play.

Congrats on the new job and promotion!! What a wonderful dilemma to be in!