An Underwhelming Reveal

Jan 21, 2013
I fell in love with the looks of this bag and ordered my very first Balenciaga from NM last week. It arrived today and while it's beautiful I am a bit disappointed. For $2125 I expected something a bit...well, more. The clip hardware on the strap and the zippers and interior are just so cheap feeling to me. I'm used to paying over $2k for my LV's but they feel so much more substantial and well crafted. I can't help but feel like I'm paying so much $$$ for just the name (and this is coming from someone used to paying for a name!) I'll probably keep it but I'm definitely underwhelmed...

076721d484091a22da8fc8a36826baf6.jpg

Don't feel bad. Just give it a few days of looking, and see how you feel. If you're still unhappy with it, definitely return it. Not every bag lives up to expectations.

You will get plenty of people saying it's gorgeous, but this doesn't matter if it isn't moving you. You have every right to be thrilled, and nothing less.

I fell in love with the looks of this bag and ordered my very first Balenciaga from NM last week. It arrived today and while it's beautiful I am a bit disappointed. For $2125 I expected something a bit...well, more. The clip hardware on the strap and the zippers and interior are just so cheap feeling to me. I'm used to paying over $2k for my LV's but they feel so much more substantial and well crafted. I can't help but feel like I'm paying so much $$$ for just the name (and this is coming from someone used to paying for a name!) I'll probably keep it but I'm definitely underwhelmed...

076721d484091a22da8fc8a36826baf6.jpg

Aw I know what you mean. Sometimes I get SUPER excited about things and then feel differently later on.
Let it grow on you. Someone my FAVORITE and most used bags are the ones I said ehhh to upon purchase.

It's a gorgeous bag. Maybe bring it to the store and see if you like a different one better? I personally think the metallic edge like is stunning

I just got my first Balenciaga today as well! Congrats! I just got the classic one in black. But yours is making me think I should exchange it! Yours is GORGEOUS

But if you are not 100% happy with it then return it. You need to love it 100% or else it is not worth it. Maybe Balenciaga is not your cup of tea and that is totally fine. But please don't keep it if you are underwhelmed because you will regret it again in the future. I got an Hermes bag and honestly I did not like it AT ALL after I bought it. I felt so much better after I returned it.

\

That's why I don't pay the full price for them. I love Bal and have several of them but the most I would like to pay for a brand-new bag is $1,500. The rule applies to other designer handbags except for Chanel and LV leather (maybe Hermes in the future but I haven't owned one yet).

The photo isn't showing for me, it has a Photobucket icon. In any case, if you aren't in love with it, keep it for a few days and if you still don't feel that happy feeling in your stomach (doesn't everyone get that lovely feeing when they buy a much-wanted bag?) return it! There is so sense in keeping something that you will not enjoy using.

If you don't really love it, return it.
It will be a nagging feeling at the back of your mind, being disappointed.
I thought I don't like my bags anymore but after using one again, I realized that Balenciaga is really my bag.

the photo isn't showing for me, it has a photobucket icon. In any case, if you aren't in love with it, keep it for a few days and if you still don't feel that happy feeling in your stomach (doesn't everyone get that lovely feeing when they buy a much-wanted bag?) return it! There is so sense in keeping something that you will not enjoy using.

+1