Help me please

I would message the seller and let them know you had the scarf authenticated and it was deemed inauthentic, so you would like to cancel the transaction immediately. I doubt she will resist, given that you will obviously open the case when receiving the item and she will not want that defect.

No I had no idea - shes saying that shes sent it and provided a tracking no..

omg what do I do?
If she really did send it, then you have to wait until you get it. You could try to refuse the package. Then it would be sent back to her, and she would have to refund you. Otherwise, if you take receipt of the package, then you will have to contact her, tell her it is fake and you would like a refund. If she agrees, you'll have to pay to send it back, and she will have to refund your original purchase price. If she doesn't agree, you'll have to open a SNAD case with ebay, and let them decide.

If she really did send it, then you have to wait until you get it. You could try to refuse the package. Then it would be sent back to her, and she would have to refund you. Otherwise, if you take receipt of the package, then you will have to contact her, tell her it is fake and you would like a refund. If she agrees, you'll have to pay to send it back, and she will have to refund your original purchase price. If she doesn't agree, you'll have to open a SNAD case with ebay, and let them decide.
Do not refuse the package. If tracking shows refused, you'll lose your buyer protection.

wow really? Ebay told me to do this.

Yes, really. eBay CS reps are idiots and they just make stuff up because there are no consequences for the misinformation they dish out to get people off the phone.

OP, wait for the package to arrive. When it does, ask the seller to return it based on inauthenticity. If she refuses you'll have to open a case.

wow really? Ebay told me to do this.

It is in your best interest not to refuse the package. You need your
buyer protection. And just think for a moment, if you did refuse it,
how would you know the seller received it back? It's not worth the loss of your buyer
protection no matter how much money is involved.

If your seller will not accept the return due to the item being fake,
you will have to open a case.

Yes, really. eBay CS reps are idiots and they just make stuff up because there are no consequences for the misinformation they dish out to get people off the phone.

OP, wait for the package to arrive. When it does, ask the seller to return it based on inauthenticity. If she refuses you'll have to open a case.

Yes!

Ok guys thanks so much for your input - there seems to be some confusion over it, this girl is actually really nice considering I accused her of ripping me off and she seems more than happy to give me a refund or let me take the case thru ebay - she absolutely assures me its genuine and I have since received the item and imo it looks the real deal (though I am no expert)

Thing is I had it authenticated on TPF and I was since told that the authenticator in question has got it wrong in the past.... soooooo

What I have done is took all pictures myself and sent it off for professional authentication this way I can sort it out via ebay if it turns out to be unauthentic.

So lets see what happens - I tell you what though, if it comes back to be genuine I will feel soooo bad coz the seller seems lovely :sad:

Funny how we put our trust in people huh