Zaphyr or ELOE Luggage - DECISION?

gtoreb

Jan 11, 2012
Dear TPFs,

I want to have LV luggage since forever.. Until now still can't decide which one to have.

Can I ask your kind opinion which one shoud I buy?

Zephyr 55 (weight 4.4kg empty) - if so which colour classic monogram or black/gray ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412580316.453730.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412580341.857070.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412580369.674896.jpgGraphite?

Or

Damier Ebene Eole 50 (weight 3.5kg empty)..

Appreciate to have any input from owners for both bags.. Pros and cons

Thank for your help TPFs.. Xoxo

I am on the hunt for a travel bag myself and is not considering eole. I don't like its shape and folds. I had similar bag (rl) long time ago and it is the hardest to lug along. it never stays up on its wheels, its a hassle to carry on the straps and just uncomfortable and ugly... (imho).

zephyr on the other hand, I like! I have both 2 wheels and 4 wheels luggage too (non-lv, that is), and I find 4 wheels to be great except, you cant really run with it. I was advised that you cannot roll 4 wheels on 2 wheels (inlined position). they are just not made that way. So pushing them in 4 wheels requires slower walking pace. I love the smooth and clean design and honestly I am torn between black and mono as well. BUT I am a mono girl and everytime I see it, it sweeps me off my feet. black seems more practical, but mono is LOVE!

I am on the hunt for a travel bag myself and is not considering eole. I don't like its shape and folds. I had similar bag (rl) long time ago and it is the hardest to lug along. it never stays up on its wheels, its a hassle to carry on the straps and just uncomfortable and ugly... (imho).

zephyr on the other hand, I like! I have both 2 wheels and 4 wheels luggage too (non-lv, that is), and I find 4 wheels to be great except, you cant really run with it. I was advised that you cannot roll 4 wheels on 2 wheels (inlined position). they are just not made that way. So pushing them in 4 wheels requires slower walking pace. I love the smooth and clean design and honestly I am torn between black and mono as well. BUT I am a mono girl and everytime I see it, it sweeps me off my feet. black seems more practical, but mono is LOVE!

Dear H-Angel,

Many thanks for ur input. OMG now i have a very hard decisions.. My sis said Eole 50 is more elegant in design and Zephyr designed looks like a fake luggage (printed LV all over).

I was doing research on youtube on how much the Zephyr can fit inside, but now u said that the 4 wheels is not made to run and inlined position (which i usually run at airport).. now i have a tough decision to make.

When do you intend to buy your luggage?

Anyone have updates on Eole and Zephry?

TIA

Zephyr is GREAT but the carry-on size (which I have) is smaller than its Pegase equivalent...
You need to really look at them in person.

how do you find the weight, the capacity, durability and the usability of the zephyr. can you share? I realize it doesn't have a strap to hold another bag does it?

Spot on ujpharm01!!

I am thinking of that now.. But i think the luggage weight alone is about 6kgs.. so that is the only downside..

But it is so pretty and match with my travel needs (esp business trip) where i need the cloth cover inside...
:smile:
You're right about the weight of this item that's the only downside. Yes, it's gorgeous. I would love to own this item. :love: I don't know which one to piece the Damier or the monogram. I also really like that cloth cover. I'm just sad that LV is going to stop making this item.

Zephyr is GREAT but the carry-on size (which I have) is smaller than its Pegase equivalent...
You need to really look at them in person.
You're correct about the Zephyr being smaller in size than the Pegase. Which I think is the real reason why LV has decided to stop making the Pegase. It's has something to do with profit margins and the Pegase has a lot of material that was used to make that item.

Thanks so much guys

OMG should I get the Zephyr or the Pegase? Heard pegase easilt topped over since its a 2 wheel bag..

I think I am going for the pegase... at least Im at 90% decided.
voting for pegase since I heard lv is phasing it out...
#2. I like the outside pockets. it will be handy for ipad or macbook etc.
#3. the zephyr hard case.. not sure how durable that is. what if that breaks apart? is it plastic?
#4. I like that pegase has a hook to attach another bag. for me it will be speedy.
#5. I more often run to the airport. having 4 kids.. we are always running late.
#6. it is bigger capacity wise.

why I have the 10% indicisiveness?
cause I do like the ease of turning and rolling a 4 wheeler :sad:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412899438.967053.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412900331.871866.jpg

I am also considering the Eole 50 but in mono. I love the feminine curve which conforms perfectly with carry on cabin.
2nd pic is Neo Eole 55 which is about $100 more than Eole 50 mono, however, the opening is much more accessible. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412900639.145673.jpg