Your most favorite designer dresses EVER! from magazines, catwalks or your own closet

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
So there are some dresses that always be in our mind, if not in our closet…
Think about Givenchy LBD in "Breakfast at Tiffany", who can forget it, right?
What are the designer dresses that left you speechless the moment you saw them?
In my case, I never forgot this Roberto Cavalli dress worn by Victoria Beckham. I've never been a great fan of Roberto Cavalli print in general, a bit too loud for my personal taste, but this dress is just so stunning (let's have a look at David too, it never hurts)

Attachments

• 10yl5.jpg
    10yl5.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Screen shot 2011-06-08 at 20.24.05.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-08 at 20.24.05.png
    564.5 KB · Views: 566
  • victoria-beckham-the-annual-white-tie-tiara-ball-pic18095.jpg
    victoria-beckham-the-annual-white-tie-tiara-ball-pic18095.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 520
So there are some dresses that always be in our mind, if not in our closet…
Think about Givenchy LBD in "Breakfast at Tiffany", who can forget it, right?
What are the designer dresses that left you speechless the moment you saw them?
In my case, I never forgot this Roberto Cavalli dress worn by Victoria Beckham. I've never been a great fan of Roberto Cavalli print in general, a bit too loud for my personal taste, but this dress is just so stunning (let's have a look at David too, it never hurts)

Love this thread!

For me it's the red stunner from Dolce & Gabbana Fall Winter 2012. If I could only get my hands on it!

Attachments

• dolce-and-gabban-red-dress-net-a-porter1.jpg
    dolce-and-gabban-red-dress-net-a-porter1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 372
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 348
  • Dolce-and-gabbana-fall-winter-2014-red-dress-on-sale-net-porter-price-new.jpg
    Dolce-and-gabbana-fall-winter-2014-red-dress-on-sale-net-porter-price-new.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 371
  • tumblr_muo5q1LRSL1r4fk4fo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_muo5q1LRSL1r4fk4fo1_1280.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 421
^it's gorgeous! Will keep my eyes peeled for you, you never know…

Another stunner is this floor length gown by Hedi Slimane for Saint Laurent. I know he many detractors, and I must admit I was not a fan either when his first collection came out, but I must admit that his creation have grown on me.
If I only had the occasion (and the money) to wear this dress….

Attachments

• P00059143-FLOOR-LENGTH-SILK-GOWN-RUNWAY.jpg
    P00059143-FLOOR-LENGTH-SILK-GOWN-RUNWAY.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 385
  • P00059143-FLOOR-LENGTH-SILK-GOWN-STANDARD.jpg
    P00059143-FLOOR-LENGTH-SILK-GOWN-STANDARD.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 352
^it's gorgeous! Will keep my eyes peeled for you, you never know…

Another stunner is this floor length gown by Hedi Slimane for Saint Laurent. I know he many detractors, and I must admit I was not a fan either when his first collection came out, but I must admit that his creation have grown on me.
If I only had the occasion (and the money) to wear this dress….

that's beautiful :smile: I love how it flows...gorgeous

I'm very lucky, I've managed to buy/acquire

this Gucci runway purple croc jacket from 2006 (present from my uncle, just as well because I would have never been able to afford it, ever.)

I also got this military style skirt and shirt from Gucci AW 2009

and this fab black narrow but silk/satin Jacket with leather cuffs from Balenciaga from SS 2007

But the most fabulous AW2007 piped jacket/blazer has always eluded me :pout:

Attachments

• 00250m.jpg
    00250m.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 00330m.jpg
    00330m.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 00050m.jpg
    00050m.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 00050m (1).jpg
    00050m (1).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 305

this Gucci runway purple croc jacket from 2006 (present from my uncle, just as well because I would have never been able to afford it, ever.)

and this fab black narrow but silk/satin Jacket with leather cuffs from Balenciaga from SS 2007

gorgeous choices! I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove the purple croc jacket --- WOW :loveeyes:

Girl I need to see your closet :eek:

gorgeous choices! I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove the purple croc jacket --- WOW :loveeyes:

Girl I need to see your closet :eek:

Thank you both, I know you both have great taste

Katran and maryg you are both welcome to see some of my things in my closet. Just send me a friend request if you'd like, and you'll be able to see my private albums, I have a sample of my RTW in there.

Thank you both, I know you both have great taste

Katran and maryg you are both welcome to see some of my things in my closet. Just send me a friend request if you'd like, and you'll be able to see my private albums, I have a sample of my RTW in there.

so very nice of you! I need ideas for my closet renovation, I'm sure I'll find plenty in your closet

This Valentino ss12 dress,is my most loved dress,so easy to wear,and so versatile,. I was lucky enough to find it on my Theresa,it was sold out in my local Valentino boutique,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 225

I love this little skirt! I was looking for something similar a few years ago but had no luck. I love your collection!

tough one - I like a lot of the dresses in my sister's closet haha :biggrin: - if we're talking runway Donna Karan spring 2011 RTW has always stayed with me, I like a lot of the stuff she put out that season, esp these:

Screenshot2014-10-05at14253PM_zps69ae4d15.png

Screenshot2014-10-05at14321PM_zps0f937808.png

Screenshot2014-10-05at14346PM_zps191b2d8e.png

And for vintage - the one that got away has to be this 1980s Bob Mackie dress :graucho::

7f1a0d838bf325ce8cb09a925a595b17_zps48a2a4a0.jpg

This Valentino ss12 dress,is my most loved dress,so easy to wear,and so versatile,. I was lucky enough to find it on my Theresa,it was sold out in my local Valentino boutique,

Oh! I remember that piece when I saw the show online - so beautiful! I want something like that when I get married...gorgeous & classic