Reveal - the classic HG

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
So I did a thread last week on the pros and cons of going pre-loved. My history with Chanel is limited: I was lucky enough to be given a beautiful M/L beige double flap with SHW for Christmas last year. As I started exploring Chanel, I knew I needed the same bag in black - not that I don't love (adore :heart:) my beige flap, but because the black and gold combo is such a classic for me - it's the same combo as my beloved Birkin and somehow I just knew it would be the perfect evening bag.

However, the price increases in Australia (since as recently as December last year whaaaaatt??!? :cray:) had dented my confidence somewhat.

tPF ladies were kind enough to give advice when I asked about going pre-loved and my heartfelt thanks much go out to tutushopper kasumi168, the above-and-beyond kind Luv iz Louis :hugs: and of course to colourful_belle for her kind authentication and peace of mind.

My ultimate thanks must go to My Timeless Luxuries and the lovely Cisca - this transaction could not have been more seamless and the quality of the bag truly cannot be described. I have had the boutique experience and in my opinion, this was easier! No standing around in Chanel for 20+ minutes waiting for an SA to acknowledge us - and in addition to that, I saved over $2,000.00 :faint: on a virtually new bag.

So now, on to the good stuff, please bear with me on the pics - my first time doing this on a mac...:graucho:

Chanel Black Flap 1.JPG

Chanel Black Flap 2.JPG

Chanel Black Flap 3.JPG

Chanel Black Flap 4.JPG

And the final unwrapped shots:

Chanel Black Flap 5.JPG

Chanel Black Flap 6.JPG

I have to say, she is more beautiful than I could have imagined. I've worn her proudly every day since I got her and I couldn't be more impressed with her :yes: :biggrin:

This quite nicely rounds off my purse collection for a while, I think - I'm feeling extraordinarily content :cool: :girlsigh:

Wow! All the hard work researching and it has paid off. Absolutely stunning find and at such a great price! Hope you enjoy her 👍

Ps. Totally know what you mean by prices in Australia being cray cray!

Wow! All the hard work researching and it has paid off. Absolutely stunning find and at such a great price! Hope you enjoy her 👍

Ps. Totally know what you mean by prices in Australia being cray cray!

Thank you my dear! :flowers:

Yes, re prices: I'm frankly kind of relieved this completes my Chanel-lust :sweatdrop: :P

Thank you my dear! :flowers:

Yes, re prices: I'm frankly kind of relieved this completes my Chanel-lust :sweatdrop: :P

I hope to get there one day! I'm not finished yet but hopefully by next year!

Oh I just saw your blog and I love it! The layout makes your blog heaps easy to access and the simple details makes it easy to read :smile:

I hope to get there one day! I'm not finished yet but hopefully by next year!

Oh I just saw your blog and I love it! The layout makes your blog heaps easy to access and the simple details makes it easy to read :smile:

Oh my goodness, thank you so much!! :flowers: I feel absolutely terrible, I haven't posted in ages (work, life, not great excuses but sometimes things just get in the way) - I will definitely get back into blogging though - DF is actually my biggest supporter and wants me to start posting regularly again :love:

Jealous!!! It's really pretty and flawless looking

Thank you :heart: The quality was truly amazing!

Very beautiful bag, congrats to you

Aw, thanks :hugs:

Absolutely gorgeous! I too hope to one day finish my chanel collection. ;)

Yes, here's to that!! :drinkup:

I'm so happy for you, it looks great!! We are bag twins, I think black with gold is elegant. Wear it in the best of health :tup:

Yay, twins!! :biggrin: I love the combo, I know black/SHW is more common for younger buyers especially, but I adore black and gold - it just speaks to me...

Congrats and enjoy your beautiful flap.

Thank you my dear :smile:

I'm planning to buy one more jumbo in beige with GHW and it will complete my chanel wishlist too :smile:

Oh, that classic combo- beige/GHW sounds divine! I am crossing my fingers for you that she turns up for you soon :P