How to protect myself from buyer

Jacer

Hunter at heart...
O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
Ladies, just wanted to see if anyone had any pointers or just heads up.

I sold a wallet last week

I shipped it out with tracking - via priority mail, issued. No signture since it was much less then the required $250.

It was delivered 4 days ago.

The buyer contacts me the next day saying they didn't get it and wants a refund.

I politely tell her to maybe check with her post office since it was scanned delivered and I know sometimes there are slight delays when this happens.

She tells me no there package at the post office and was told I could claim it so she wants a refund.

I called the usps up and was told something totally different. I can't open any claim since the tracking shows it was indeed delivered. However I was told if she wanted to she could swear out a legal affadivat saying she didn't get it and that they would look into. I could not do this as it was not delivered to me and I'm in a different state. So I can't swear that the package that was scanned delivered was not delivered.

I write the buyer and nicely tell her this.

She flips out and tells me she didn't sign for it so she wants a refund right now.

I'm pretty sure I'm covered with the tracking.

But was wondering if there is anyway she could keep my wallet and get a refund with whatever loop hole ebay/paypal has?

Sounds like she got the package, noticed that she didn't have to sign for it, and for some reason thinks that is her golden ticket to claiming item not recieved. Unfortunately for her, I believe she is wrong. As long as you shipped to a verified PayPal address and the paypal screen said you were eligible for seller protection, you should be fine with tracking that just shows delivered. Wait for the pros here to chime in but I wouldn't be worried.

Agree with the above posters & her comment about an affadavit is out of order at this
point & telling you this makes me think she is trying to intimidate you into giving her
a refund ..

Dear buyer,

According to USPS tracking number (___fill in blank with #___), your package was delivered on (date) and (time). (You can also include the link to tracking on the USPS website.)

If you didn't receive the item, I recommend you check with your postal carrier and neighbors.

Sincerely,
Seller

You're protected and don't have to worry. My guess is that the buyer doesn't understand tracking and doesn't realize that there's proof of delivery.

You will be covered under Paypal seller protection if you ship it to the buyer address shown on Paypal when your buyer made the payment. I just had this happened to me for an $200 item. Buyer filed a charge back stated he did not received the item.

I recently had the same problem. Sometimes the post office makes mistakes and delivers to the wrong address. Or your buyer could be lying. Either way, you have nothing to worry about. You did your job. As long as tracking shows it was delivered, ebay will side with you if she opens a case. You can't open a claim with the post office because the package is shown as delivered.

You will be covered under Paypal seller protection if you ship it to the buyer address shown on Paypal when your buyer made the payment. I just had this happened to me for an $200 item. Buyer filed a charge back stated he did not received the item.

and how did you solve this problem? just gave ebay tracking number and they closed the case?

and how did you solve this problem? just gave ebay tracking number and they closed the case?
That's what I did in my case. The buyer opened the case in ebay. I uploaded the tracking number and also responded to her telling her to check with her carrier. She kept sending me messages asking me to do something. Eventually she asked me to escalate the case, which I did, and ebay closed it two days later in my favor.

Thanks so much ladies! I do feel so much better after all of your comments.

I was pretty sure I'll be covered but was just worried with a charge back. Never had to fight one of those before and fingers crossed I won't now.

She hasn't open a case yet - so I'm just waiting.

Thanks so much ladies! I do feel so much better after all of your comments.

I was pretty sure I'll be covered but was just worried with a charge back. Never had to fight one of those before and fingers crossed I won't now.

She hasn't open a case yet - so I'm just waiting.

OP as long as you can provide tracking info confirming delivery you
should be ok.

If your buyer was to do a chargeback, I don't think she would win
because "proof of delivery" has been confirmed..

Another poster mentioned ebay/PayPal changed the policy and only requires delivery/signature confirmation if the item is $750.00 or more. Does anyone know when this changed? Sorry, I'm new here...