Need help to decide :)

WillowWinter

Jul 25, 2011
Hi Everyone ,

I'm usually lurking in the Louis Vuitton forum but I need your help , I had a pale pink first bag years ago and sold it , regretted doing that but that's life eh ?
Anyhow I now have the chance to purchase a Balenciaga from a seller whom I've purchased LV's from before and is excellent .
She has a Bal Classic City in a deep red colour (not sure of name of shade )with gunmetal or antiqued brass hardware and she also has a mini Pompon in a light grey with rosegold hardware .
Which would you go for ?

Those are two utterly different options in terms of function and form. Do you need a bag with capacity for everyday use, or a mini-bag? To me it's no contest: the City. I don't like the Pompon bags at all. Do you like a red bag? Then...get the City.

Thanks so much for all your help , I do want it as an everyday kind of bag so I get the impression the Mini Pompon is quite small , I do like both colours but I am leaning towards the City as it's more classic :smile:

I've been looking through the colour section and I think the City may be either a 2005 Bordeaux or Rouge Theatre colourway , hard to know from just photos , anyone have these colours ?

I've been looking through the colour section and I think the City may be either a 2005 Bordeaux or Rouge Theatre colourway , hard to know from just photos , anyone have these colours ?

I agree with the others city style wins without a doubt. I love the color red but can't pull of the color with my coloring. But, if you think it is either Bordeaux or RT get it. They are gorgeous reds IMO. :graucho: Let us know what you decide and post pictures:graucho:

I'd pick City over Pompon but Bal has poor resell value and I was hit hard by this so I'd think twice before jump on another one!

Hi Everyone ,

I'm usually lurking in the Louis Vuitton forum but I need your help , I had a pale pink first bag years ago and sold it , regretted doing that but that's life eh ?
Anyhow I now have the chance to purchase a Balenciaga from a seller whom I've purchased LV's from before and is excellent .
She has a Bal Classic City in a deep red colour (not sure of name of shade )with gunmetal or antiqued brass hardware and she also has a mini Pompon in a light grey with rosegold hardware .
Which would you go for ?

I'd pick City over Pompon but Bal has poor resell value and I was hit hard by this so I'd think twice before jump on another one!

I understand but I am getting it at a good price and even though I regret selling my other one in way I don't in another as it was in the pale rose colour ( really light pink ) and I was so paranoid about colour transfer or stains that I really do think a darker colour would have been better , I'm pretty sure this one is the Bordeaux colour with RH , will let you all know how it goes :biggrin: