Reveal! Dakotah Crossbody in pebbled leather

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
LONG, detailed review and many pictures to follow...

First off, I had no idea my SA had it gift packaged for me - beautiful packaging, not a single bit of glue on the bag or anything like that. All hardware wrapped and the new black dust bag included. Now onto the good stuff...

This bag is seriously beautiful. I was so doubtful about ordering it sight unseen. I worried it would be too big, too pebbley (is that a word?), too red (as opposed to more of a brown), and I thought the strap might be too long for shoulder wear. I could not have been more wrong! I think I captured the color pretty accurately. I took pics outside and in my office, which has filtered sunlight.

The workmanship is amazing. The leather has the perfect amount of pebble (it's not as pebbled as the black bag I saw in the store and I like this leather better than that one). The saddle color is gorgeous. Very similar to Legacy cognac (see comparison pic). The dark gunmetal hardware looks super cool with the brown leather, and the black suede and fabric lining (and leather key fob) contrast really nicely. The slip pocket under the flap on the front of the bag is nice and flat and is easy to get in and out of. It has the standard Coach zip pocket inside, but also has a pocket along the inside front that snaps. It smells like no other Coach bag I've ever bought (in a good way!). Now, for some pictures. Uploading 4 at a time...

Attachments

• dakotah1.jpg
    dakotah1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 813
  • dakotah2.jpg
    dakotah2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 821
  • dakotah3.jpg
    dakotah3.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 810
  • dakotah4.jpg
    dakotah4.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 808
And the last 4 pics. I have the strap on the shortest adjustment, since I don't wear bags cross body very often.

Attachments

• dakotah5.jpg
    dakotah5.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 839
  • dakotah6.jpg
    dakotah6.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 808
  • dakotah7.jpg
    dakotah7.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 809
  • dakotah8.jpg
    dakotah8.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 806
Gotcha, thanks.Getting a bag with a strap long enough for crossbody on me is a challenge

Idk how tall you are, but I returned Dakotah bc the strap was not long enough for me cross body & that's why I wanted the bag. It was way too hard to get it bc it say up high on my hip bone, closer to my ribs!

Idk how tall you are, but I returned Dakotah bc the strap was not long enough for me cross body & that's why I wanted the bag. It was way too hard to get it bc it say up high on my hip bone, closer to my ribs!
I'm 5'8". Lots of the "crossbody" straps fall an inch or two shorter than I want. It seems to be hit or miss on me. lol

Thanks BBG - it smells incredible! This is a very rough measure, but on the last hole, I'd say the drop is about 20 inches. The website says 19" but it seems a little longer to me.

This is so gorgeous!!! I wish strap was long enough. If it was, I'd be in trouble bc I'd buy every Dakotah! The leather and workmanship is amazing! Congrats!!

I'm 5'8". Lots of the "crossbody" straps fall an inch or two shorter than I want. It seems to be hit or miss on me. lol

Yeah I am 5'7 but long torso and this was too short. I just got the Bleecker mini duffle and it has a drop of 23.5" on the longest setting and it's perfect!! :smile: can adjust to the middle holes even for a great fit!

Yeah I am 5'7 but long torso and this was too short. I just got the Bleecker mini duffle and it has a drop of 23.5" on the longest setting and it's perfect!! :smile: can adjust to the middle holes even for a great fit!
Mini duffle would probably be better length wise for me. I do love your new bag kcoach!