Reveal: Rose Mac (New to Me)

Aug 14, 2013
Hello everyone!

I just picked up my first Rebecca Minkoff bag, it has the b+w floral lining so it's from around 2010 and is apparently the colour rose pink. I googled it and haven't seen any other pics of this colour. It is a bit roughed up and used but I'm still excited to have my first Mac and I'll love it regardless :P but I'll stop blabbing and let you see.

Attachments

• rsz_img_3010.jpg
    rsz_img_3010.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 389
Hello everyone!

I just picked up my first Rebecca Minkoff bag, it has the b+w floral lining so it's from around 2010 and is apparently the colour rose pink. I googled it and haven't seen any other pics of this colour. It is a bit roughed up and used but I'm still excited to have my first Mac and I'll love it regardless :P but I'll stop blabbing and let you see.

Pretty! I have 2 MACS that I rarely use. But I did make good use one of them this weekend at the fair.

I haven't seen the one you have there in that color and with the rings on the tassels. Nice touch!

Pretty! I have 2 MACS that I rarely use. But I did make good use one of them this weekend at the fair.

I haven't seen the one you have there in that color and with the rings on the tassels. Nice touch!

I love cross body bags so I'm really excited to start using it! :P you should use your MAC's more I hardly see them around anymore.

And thank you! :biggrin:

Really? They must not be very popular where I live then! I mostly see LV Speedys and Neverfulls, M by MJ bags and various MK bags.

Oh don't get me wrong I see those too but out of the Rebecca Minkoff bags I see more MACs than any other Rebecca Minkoff style.

But against the other brands you named as well as Coach there is no comparison. I see way more of those than MACs. I see More Coach, MK and LV than anything of various style. I take the commuter train to work and I spy everyone's bags, lol.

Oh don't get me wrong I see those too but out of the Rebecca Minkoff bags I see more MACs than any other Rebecca Minkoff style.

But against the other brands you named as well as Coach there is no comparison. I see way more of those than MACs. I see More Coach, MK and LV than anything of various style. I take the commuter train to work and I spy everyone's bags, lol.

Haha I did that too when I used to work downtown for a bit. Now I'm in retail (I'm 19 btw) so I feel uncomfortable bringing my LV Speedy to work, so I think my RM will be perfect for taking to work!

I attached a picture of my bag with better lighting to show the wear and tear on it. It looks a look more used than I thought it would be judging from the pictures online but I guess it's alright.. It does look worse in person though as there is jean transfer on the back and some darkness on the front. The seller said it's lambskin so I guess that makes sense because I've heard lambskin is very very sensitive to wear.

Attachments

• IMG_7500.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_7500.JPG.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 383
From the pictures I think it's lambskin. Congrats on your MAC! Maybe this can be your trial bag and if it feels right for you then you can get another one. :smile:

Haha I did that too when I used to work downtown for a bit. Now I'm in retail (I'm 19 btw) so I feel uncomfortable bringing my LV Speedy to work, so I think my RM will be perfect for taking to work!

I attached a picture of my bag with better lighting to show the wear and tear on it. It looks a look more used than I thought it would be judging from the pictures online but I guess it's alright.. It does look worse in person though as there is jean transfer on the back and some darkness on the front. The seller said it's lambskin so I guess that makes sense because I've heard lambskin is very very sensitive to wear.

I agree with MSD bags. This can be a trial for you. Hope you didn't pay to much for it.

From the pictures I think it's lambskin. Congrats on your MAC! Maybe this can be your trial bag and if it feels right for you then you can get another one. :smile:

I agree with MSD bags. This can be a trial for you. Hope you didn't pay to much for it.

That's what I was thinking too! I got it for $78 CAD which I think is reasonable as it's lambskin, from her 'golden' years and is actually the full size Mac! I thought it was the mini.

i actually find the regular size MAC is more wearable for me. i am sorry that you decide to sell it. honestly, the bag looks pretty worn esp the piping. but tell you what, i am obsessed with the dome-shaped feet and thick zipper pulls :smile:

i actually find the regular size MAC is more wearable for me. i am sorry that you decide to sell it. honestly, the bag looks pretty worn esp the piping. but tell you what, i am obsessed with the dome-shaped feet and thick zipper pulls :smile:

I haven't decided yet..I'm pretty conflicted.

I think if the exterior of the bag was in better shape I'd love it more. I find that it's pretty small inside, I know it's a cross body but the pockets are so shallow, my iPhone 4 just barely fits in them without a case on. It's also a pretty heavy bag, I find the shoulder strap digs in and the chain is really loud if that makes sense - I find that I shudder a little when I put my bag down and it makes that really loud noise.

Sorry for the little rant.. I'm just trying to figure out if I want to keep it. I'm not sure how much I'd get back for it if I did decide to sell..

I haven't decided yet..I'm pretty conflicted.

I think if the exterior of the bag was in better shape I'd love it more. I find that it's pretty small inside, I know it's a cross body but the pockets are so shallow, my iPhone 4 just barely fits in them without a case on. It's also a pretty heavy bag, I find the shoulder strap digs in and the chain is really loud if that makes sense - I find that I shudder a little when I put my bag down and it makes that really loud noise.

Sorry for the little rant.. I'm just trying to figure out if I want to keep it. I'm not sure how much I'd get back for it if I did decide to sell..
i think the zip pocket is large enough for your cell phone.
i don't use the slip pockets much... maybe put a packet of tissue papers and lipsticks there.
but in general the compartment of a regular size MAC is quite spacious for my daily use. of course, i don't bring a lot of stuff to work.
and i have to agree with you on the chain. it's unnecessarily heavy but normally i don't allow it to make any noise by removing the strap and carrying it as a clutch.

i think if you normally use or wear a larger bag, MAC is not a good option for you.