Reissue 226 blue grained patent leather fall 2014

littles mom

littles mom
Oct 5, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I just received my first Reissue. It is the 226 in the new blue grained( looks like caviar) shiny patent. It is a beautiful blue/ purple color. The size seems great! Have any of you seen the bag and if so, what do you think of it? I am trying to decide if I should keep it. And, if I do, the matching wallet is 7.5" zip around. Is this wallet too big for a 226? The weight is amazing. It seems like I could dress it up or down very easily much more so than my jumbos.
For those of you who know of the size,color and leather , any opinions would be appreciated!

Is it this one?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412301676.432097.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412301698.074450.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412301721.267206.jpg

Pics are from the Authentic Chanel Finds thread. It is a gorgeous bag! I've never seen caviar done in patent, before, but this shows that it can be done beautifully. I think the wallet should be able to fit in comfortably because the medium size 226 is not that small, after all. But the price, sigh....

Congratulations on your first 2.55 :smile:

Yes, that is it!!! It looks so beautiful in pics you took. I hope it ages well. I'm reading posts on caring for patents and Chanel's and getting worried about the longevity of the bags. I don't understand why they cannot be stored in their dust bags and then in the boxes they came in? And, why do they need to be standing up instead of laying flat?

OrangeSherbert,

I agree about the prices. I am starting to think I'm crazy and feeling guilty buying these bags. Especially, if they don't age well or lose their style as other threads suggest. I don't spend friviously on other things and I don't buy them on credit but if you add up the value in the closet , I have an ahhhh moment sometimes. Though, it goes away lol.
And , I have bags and shoes and jewelry , that still look amazing and brand NEW after over 10 years.

Yes, that is it!!! It looks so beautiful in pics you took. I hope it ages well. I'm reading posts on caring for patents and Chanel's and getting worried about the longevity of the bags. I don't understand why they cannot be stored in their dust bags and then in the boxes they came in? And, why do they need to be standing up instead of laying flat?

These pics are not mine :smile: They were taken by Chanel SAs, I believe. I don't think you should be worried about the longevity of your bag if you store it away from sunlight and other coloured bags that can possible transfer their colour to it. I actually store my bags lying down in their boxes, haha. But I don't use the dustbags as I find it troublesome when I want to change bags. No problems so far :smile:

OrangeSherbert,

I agree about the prices. I am starting to think I'm crazy and feeling guilty buying these bags. Especially, if they don't age well or lose their style as other threads suggest. I don't spend friviously on other things and I don't buy them on credit but if you add up the value in the closet , I have an ahhhh moment sometimes. Though, it goes away lol.

And , I have bags and shoes and jewelry , that still look amazing and brand NEW after over 10 years.

I think it's okay if you really use your bags and jewellery. We pay such prices because we want to enjoy these items for a long long time. I think your 2.55 is a gorgeous and timeless bag. But ultimately, it is you who can decide if it's a worthy purchase.

Chanel has done patent caviar many times before. They were mostly released in seasonal lines. In FW 06/07 Chanel had a line called "Diamond Shine".
I have the flap and still carry it today even though it is 8 yrs old! When collected carefully, chanels are truly timeless!

Hi Everyone,

I just received my first Reissue. It is the 226 in the new blue grained( looks like caviar) shiny patent. It is a beautiful blue/ purple color. The size seems great! Have any of you seen the bag and if so, what do you think of it? I am trying to decide if I should keep it. And, if I do, the matching wallet is 7.5" zip around. Is this wallet too big for a 226? The weight is amazing. It seems like I could dress it up or down very easily much more so than my jumbos.
For those of you who know of the size,color and leather , any opinions would be appreciated!
Do you know how much reissue 7.5" zip around wallet, I also looking wallet for my new 226 Black distressed calf skin ghw, thanks