Tech Apple update 8.0

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
I'm having issues with my iPad since I updated. Icons have changed into weird little square symbols... The computer has slowed way down. Everything is just " off" now. I've cleared out a lot of programs to free up space.
Am I alone with these problems?

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

I updated my iPod Touch to 8.2 and required me to enter a new passcode. I did, or at least I thought I did, but the device thought the passcode was incorrect and now I'm locked out. I tried to restore it multiple times, but every time I get back to the lock screen, I am greeted with the passcode screen and a message that says: "iPod Touch requires your passcode after restarting."

Of course, no matter how many times I enter my passcode, I get locked out to xx minutes again. This is frustrating. And to make matters worse, the stupid iTunes is taking AAAAAAGEEESSS to download the "Software update" for my iPod. So now my iPod is a paperweight. This sucks. I should never have updated it in the first place. Big mistake.

Well after 5 incorrect passcodes and two reboots later, I finally got my iPod back to normal. Love the new improved battery life and the gorgeous ios8 design. I'm in love.

Don't know if it is related, or something else but I have not been able to upload a photo with the Purse Forum App since I have had a phone with IOS 8 on it. It is a 6 Plus, so other buggy things may be going on. I have resized the image really small but it still gets locked up while uploading and I have to uninstall/reinstall the app to get off that page. Ugh

I'm not happy about these issues but am relieved to hear that this seems more common than not. I hope Apple is busy working to resolve some of this...
And I got the " requires password after restart" message the next 4 times I rebooted too.

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Sigh. I'm not sure what is going on with the update :cry: I'm not the most computer savvy person so bear with me please...

Before, I was able to manually download photos from my camera roll onto my laptop so I can free up space on my phone

Now, when I plug in my iphone 5s, it doesn't show up anymore when I click on My Computer. Am I doing something wrong?

TIA

I just deleted Facebook. Every other day I have to delete one app then go back to the App Store & reload it again. Annoying.

Since I bought the iPhone 6, it came with IOS 8.0 so I did do the most recent update. I haven't noticed any real issues with the WiFi, but I have noticed intermittent problems when using my phone - calls aren't being fully connected (when I answer the phone, I hear MY voice and the other end is dead - then the call drops) and when I am on a call and pull the phone away from my ear, my screen stays black rather than giving me the options to pull up the keypad or switch the speaker. I have to tap the Home button to get my phone options.

I haven't updated my iPad to 8.0 yet mainly because I LOVE iPhoto and don't want to lose it by updating, but I might have to tho because I've noticed a ton of other issues that I don't know if they're related or not - not sure if that's because everything's been updated to be compatible with IOS 8 and I'm still running 7, or if its just a coincidence.