For those who have had their lumineuse' for a while now...

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi all. I think I've decided to not go for a Westminster/neverfull and I'm reconsidering a lumineuse pm.

I wanted an artsy for a long time but I am unsure of it's lasting power. I figure with a luminuse it can be used as an everyday tote or an overnight bag, which is ideal for my lifestyle.

Those with emperiente bags, at this point in time. Do you still use your bags regularly? Do you find it classic? I found threads from a couple of years ago that debated this. But I wanted to know at this point in time is this a good investment?
Is this bag easily faked?
Is it inevitable to have the glazing cracked in the corners and strap?

And finally, do you have a preference for infini or ombré? Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi all. I think I've decided to not go for a Westminster/neverfull and I'm reconsidering a lumineuse pm.

I wanted an artsy for a long time but I am unsure of it's lasting power. I figure with a luminuse it can be used as an everyday tote or an overnight bag, which is ideal for my lifestyle.

Those with emperiente bags, at this point in time. Do you still use your bags regularly? Do you find it classic? I found threads from a couple of years ago that debated this. But I wanted to know at this point in time is this a good investment?

I have the Lumi in both ombré and infini ( and in aurore and aube) and love the style....I also have the Westie GM and it's one of my favorite bags....I have been using my infini lumi a couple of months and so far no cracking issues. I think the lumi makes a a great overnight bag, it can fit quite a bit. The only negative for me on this bag is the leather has softened up a bit and it's not as structured as it was, the bag is now a little more slouchy. The Westie is more structured and has not changed its shape at all..

In was thinking of buying a lumineuse pm in ombre but I have read so many horror stories it really scares me with all the issues ! Has anyone had their lumi for a few years with out major issues ?

In was thinking of buying a lumineuse pm in ombre but I have read so many horror stories it really scares me with all the issues ! Has anyone had their lumi for a few years with out major issues ?

What horror issues have you heard about the lumineuse? So far I've noticed the glaze cracking and leather softening.

What horror issues have you heard about the lumineuse? So far I've noticed the glaze cracking and leather softening.
The problems with all the cracking of the handles and of the sides of the bag! I think it's beautiful I just don't want to spend so much money on a bag that is going to worn out in a year ! The softening of the leather doesn't really bother me as I like soft bags .

Hi there -- They're all easily faked, so I wouldn't use that criteria when making your decision. I personally think the Artsy will be looked at as more of a classic than the Lumi, though I do love the Lumi and think it is much better suited as an overnight bag.
I love Emp leather, and I think it's well worth paying a bit more. I have one Emp leather bag (and accessories in Emp leather) and have never had a problem with any of them. I prefer Infini. :smile:

The fake Empreinte bags might be easily faked, but the ones I've seen on EBay don't look like the same quality has the real ones. The leather looks plasticity and not matte, but the funny thing is the engraving looks deeper. I prefer the Artsy over the Lumineuse; it's just my style. The Empreinte bags are not trendy to me even though they may not always be made like the canvas bags. Some people do have problems with glazing on their Empreinte pieces, but it does not happen to everybody. If you decide to get an Empreinte piece, I hope you love it like me.

I love my lumies, I have two( Japiur and Terre), I actually feel the style and details LV put on this bag make them the most beautiful EMP bag. To me, the leather is always going to get soften when you starts to wear it. No cracking issue for me now.

I have had my Lumi for a little over a month now, so not as long as you probably wanted, but here are my thoughts:

The size is perfect for me. On a daily basis, I carry my Josephine wallet, my TP19, clues, Large Agenda (for work, if I'm out shopping I take it out), sunglasses, keys, phone. Now with fall coming up, if I need to take a scarf, there will still be plenty of room.

You have to be okay with a bit of slouch. I love the way my Lumi is breaking in but if you like a more structured bag, this one isn't for you (unless you put a base shaper in it, and even then... it's a slouchy bag).

I love the cross body option.

No cracking/glazing issues!

The pockets on the inside are fab and enough for what things I carry.

All depends on what kind of bag you need to carry but I love this bag, I get compliments on it regularly, and the leather is luxe. I'd recommend it in a nano second!

I had an artsy when they first came out and the strap was uncomfortable for me so I sold my bag ! It was from the mono line not the emp I have heard those are more comfortable ! I was thinking about the Lumineuse in the ombre to me it is such a beautiful bag to me ... So I'm going to go with it and hope it doesn't have any cracking issues and if it does just deal with it then ! Nothing last forever !

I've had my Infini Lumi for almost a year. I've rotated her pretty regularly (less during the summer), but I've had no issues. It's softened and is becoming more slouchy. I also used it for traveling over the summer and she worked out great! I would recommend. GL deciding.