help please! Chanel classic double flap caviar

Luxeandfries

Sep 2, 2014
Hello,

I did a search and didn't find anything that answered my question, so I apologize in advance if i'm not posting in the correct place.
I found this preloved Chanel classic double flap but I have a few burning questions about its authenticity that I hope you guys can answer for me.

This bag was listed as 2013 but the dustbag is still the classic black dustbag. All the new dustbags I have seen are the white dustbags. Should this be an alarm or can buyers still opt for the black dustbag?

Also, the serial code is 19874423...which I looked up and I believe serial numbers starting with 19 are 2014 bags?

Can anyone please give me some input?

Here are some pictures
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

the bag in the pics is fake, but you can always post your question in the authentication thread!
I have a bad feeling as well. I would contact Etincelers and request an authentication immediately. When and if they deem the bag fake (it does appear to be but I am not an expert) contact the seller and forward Etincelers opinion and request the opportunity to return asap. I am so sorry, this is heartbreaking:sad:

I have a bad feeling as well. I would contact Etincelers and request an authentication immediately. When and if they deem the bag fake (it does appear to be but I am not an expert) contact the seller and forward Etincelers opinion and request the opportunity to return asap. I am so sorry, this is heartbreaking:sad:

Thank you guys for your input.
Yea, I'm a Chanel newbie and I was very confused but thought this was a good deal (too good to be true of course..) :sad:

But I emailed the seller to cancel the transaction before it ships...hopefully its not too late!

I was planning on getting it authenticated by Etincelers when the bag arrived...but if the bag shipped it seems like I should authenticate anyway to see if she will refund.

Why would anyone take this risk and not just buy from a Boutique? I can only imagine how worried you must be- next time just buy from a store!! It saves all of this heartache!!!

Good luck!

Hello,

I did a search and didn't find anything that answered my question, so I apologize in advance if i'm not posting in the correct place.
I found this preloved Chanel classic double flap but I have a few burning questions about its authenticity that I hope you guys can answer for me.

This bag was listed as 2013 but the dustbag is still the classic black dustbag. All the new dustbags I have seen are the white dustbags. Should this be an alarm or can buyers still opt for the black dustbag?

Also, the serial code is 19874423...which I looked up and I believe serial numbers starting with 19 are 2014 bags?

Can anyone please give me some input?

Here are some pictures
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Thanks so much for your help!!!!
Hi tretrechic88,

I also had a bad feeling of this bag, especially the serial number. I purchased a blk caviar jumbo around April this year and the serial number starts with 194xxx. I know that is not an old stock at that time cause I've been in the waiting list for a while and that bag just arrived at my SA's store. I would recommend you cancel/return it.

Something doesn't look right about the interlocking "C". They look to thin I'm not an expert but I do question the authenticity. There are some wonderful no fake pre-loved shops such as ann"s fabulous finds that take away the worry of fake if you prefer pre-loved

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Thanks everyone for your input.
Luckily PayPal was really responsive and escalated the claim to the seller for a refund, if the seller doesn't respond or refund in 10 days PayPal will.

I have been looking on Yoogis but their nicer items go so fast and this seemed like instant gratification. Well lesson learned!

Glad that paypal will take action and you appear to be safe. The cc looks off....aside from being thin (though my wallet has thin CCs too and is from 2009 or 10), where the Cs meet, it looks like there's flatness. I just checked mine - different shape CCs but there isn't the flat parts where the Cs interconnect.