what do you think this is?

mikomiko

Feb 7, 2012
I just got this epi noe in the mail and was very shocked when I see the bag got dark spots all over the bag. In the ad, the seller mention that there are some spots 'here and there' but i think this is far from 'here and there'.

I bought the bag from ebay and got a very good deal, lower than the ebay market price or most seller offered.

Now, I am confused if I should return the bag or should i keep it??
If I keep it, I am afraid the spots would spread even more.
*I dont even know if those dark spots are mould or something else.

Attachments

• 2014-09-30 20.01.24.jpg
    2014-09-30 20.01.24.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 730
  • 2014-09-30 20.01.15.jpg
    2014-09-30 20.01.15.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 736
  • 2014-09-30 20.02.05.jpg
    2014-09-30 20.02.05.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 739
  • 2014-09-30 20.02.36.jpg
    2014-09-30 20.02.36.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 739
I just got this epi noe in the mail and was very shocked when I see the bag got dark spots all over the bag. In the ad, the seller mention that there are some spots 'here and there' but i think this is far from 'here and there'.

I bought the bag from ebay and got a very good deal, lower than the ebay market price or most seller offered.

First off, do you want to keep the bag? If the seller accepts returns, just return it if you're unhappy. No need to try and figure out what the marks are or how to remove them. Don't do anything to the bag or dustbag, just contact the seller for a refund.

Personally I think the description is accurate, there are some marks here and there, it's a used item and that bag is probably close to 20 years old. From a distance you can't see the marks.

Can't really tell but the bag is beautiful!! I wish you knew what it is I bet it would wipe off fairly easily. The bag is really pretty I would keep it:smile: Gorgeous color and a vintage:smile:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your reply. The seller has been very cooperative, she even offers me to pay the return shipping.

However, I am still torn between keep the bag or return it, as this bag is very beautiful item and still in very good condition (apart from mold issue) :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your reply. The seller has been very cooperative, she even offers me to pay the return shipping.

However, I am still torn between keep the bag or return it, as this bag is very beautiful item and still in very good condition (apart from mold issue) :wacko::wacko::wacko:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-lv-rescue-club-195246.html

At a distance I can't see any spots, even up close they seem really minor given the age of the bag, but the dust bag is in pretty rough shape...looks like either mould (can be gently washed out) or oil.
If you decide that you really love the bag and want to keep it then take a look at this thread here on TPF...the ladies over there have really useful tips and ideas for cleaning/restoring pre-loved bags to their former glory.

Yeah by the looks of the dustbag I'd say it looks like mold. I bet you could get it off the bag somehow. I bet there are tips you could find online. I'd throw that nasty dustbag out though. Yuck.

Looks like mold. The dust bag looks beyond help, but maybe with a toothbrush the spots could come off of the handbag? I don't know, this wouldn't be ok with me.

Hi Ladies,

I am so glad that I returned the mouldy bag and keep looking for the right one.
I just got this bag in the mail today and I must admit I am really happy with my purchase. So happy that I cant wait to go to work tomorrow so I can start using my first nowaaayy...

Attachments

• 1f46ddbe-e837-4e73-b0e0-2a09dd10ccf7.jpg
    1f46ddbe-e837-4e73-b0e0-2a09dd10ccf7.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 416