torn between two beiges... pics!

which beige do you prefer?

• beige clair ghw

• taupe shw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 24, 2006
Hi!! i've been looking for a neutral caviar jumbo and have narrowed it down to these beauties: beige clair ghw or taupe shw. i'd love your input to help me decide... thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,117
Definitely the taupe since I have one too. It is the perfect neutral in my opinion, whereas the beige clair is leaning towards yellow beige which I'm not a fan of.

Congrats on finding the taupe as I was informed its sold out nationwide!

Hi!! i've been looking for a neutral caviar jumbo and have narrowed it down to these beauties: beige clair ghw or taupe shw. i'd love your input to help me decide... thanks!!!
I vote for taupe!

I also have a random question about the two bags in the pictures above (I've been wanting to ask this for awhile but I wasn't sure how to phrase the question without it sounding confusing).... Is there a reason why the two caviars look different even though they're both classic flaps? The beige clair appears to have a stitching border along the edge of the flap while the taupe does not. I asked my SA about this over the weekend and I did not have any pics to show her so she didn't know what I was talking about. She said none of the classic caviar flaps have the stitching. My m/l classic flap in caviar also does not have the stitching but I've seen pictures all over TPF that show them with stitching! Can anybody help clarify this for me? But anyways, I prefer the taupe because there's no stitching!

Taupe.. It is a seasonal very sought after color. If you want down the road to get the classic beige you can you won't have a second opportunity to get the taupe. If your SA has it, run (don't walk) to the boutique and get the taupe....

I have the beige Claire jumbo, but if I could do it all over again (or if I had the choice in 2012) I would choose the Taupe, but it is b/c I feel that the beige Claire is a spring/summer bag, and I feel that the taupe is all year long. They are both beauties so you can't really go wrong.

I vote for taupe!

I also have a random question about the two bags in the pictures above (I've been wanting to ask this for awhile but I wasn't sure how to phrase the question without it sounding confusing).... Is there a reason why the two caviars look different even though they're both classic flaps? The beige clair appears to have a stitching border along the edge of the flap while the taupe does not. I asked my SA about this over the weekend and I did not have any pics to show her so she didn't know what I was talking about. She said none of the classic caviar flaps have the stitching. My m/l classic flap in caviar also does not have the stitching but I've seen pictures all over TPF that show them with stitching! Can anybody help clarify this for me? But anyways, I prefer the taupe because there's no stitching!

I had noticed in my own collection that the one and only caviar Jumbo (beige Claire) has the stitching you describe, but the lambskin jumbo and the metallic calf reissue do not. Until I read your question, I assumed it was due to the bag being caviar, but clearly that's not the answer... I'm curious as well.