Will this little scratch bother you?

Apr 29, 2009
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411954908.983300.jpg

Hello dear TPFers, I was reading the "birkin got hurt" thread and saw a lot of encouraging words! That's so nice of all of you.

I got my GP from the boutique and it came with a little scratch at one corner which I didn't realize at the store. In one hand, I really love the color and I know the season has passed so it will not be easy to come by again; but in the other hand, I'm a little paranoid about a new bag with this scratch and I'm concerned that the leather may peel off. Will this bother you if you were me?

Thank you :smile:

I am not at all precious with my bags. I believe in taking normal care of bags BUT I think bags should be enjoyed so I don't worry much about nicks, scuffs, etc.

But I am ok with nicks, scuffs caused by ME and by normal wear and tear use.

I don't think I'd be happy at all knowing that a brand new bag, literally off the shelf from the boutique already has a nick that wasn't even caused by me or anything I did. So for me personally, the little nick would probably bother me.

I am not at all precious with my bags. I believe in taking normal care of bags BUT I think bags should be enjoyed so I don't worry much about nicks, scuffs, etc.

But I am ok with nicks, scuffs caused by ME and by normal wear and tear use.

I don't think I'd be happy at all knowing that a brand new bag, literally off the shelf from the boutique already has a nick that wasn't even caused by me or anything I did. So for me personally, the little nick would probably bother me.

Thank you Leah, that's exactly how I am feeling too 😥 but in the meantime I'm so in love with the color 👀

View attachment 2764798

Hello dear TPFers, I was reading the "birkin got hurt" thread and saw a lot of encouraging words! That's so nice of all of you.

I got my GP from the boutique and it came with a little scratch at one corner which I didn't realize at the store. In one hand, I really love the color and I know the season has passed so it will not be easy to come by again; but in the other hand, I'm a little paranoid about a new bag with this scratch and I'm concerned that the leather may peel off. Will this bother you if you were me?

Thank you :smile:

Bags do get scratches with use but I won't accept a less than prefect condition bag when it's fresh from the store. For myself, I'd ask my SA to locate me another one or wait for something else. It's a beautiful color so you'll have to decide how comfortable you are with it. May be talk to your SA, I'm sure she'd be quite horrified to find that there's a scratch there as bags usually come shrink wrapped in its box. There must be a GP in this color somewhere that she can find for you? If you decide to keep it, just enjoy and don't worry about it. A little neutral polish or one that matches the color will do wonders.

Last edited:
Bags do get scratches with use but I won't accept a less than prefect condition bag when it's fresh from the store. For myself, I'd ask my SA to locate me another one or wait for something else. It's a beautiful color so you'll have to decide how comfortable you are with it. May be talk to your SA, I'm sure she'd be quite horrified to find that there's a scratch there as bags usually come shrink wrapped in its box. There must be a GP in this color somewhere that she can find for you? If you decide to keep it, just enjoy and font worry about it. A little neutral polish or one that matches the color will do wonders.

Thank you dear Fabfashion for the enlightenment. I will call her tomorrow to see what she says. She is not my regular SA and this bag was on display and I just snapped it at a store rather than my local store. So we'll see what happens. I will call as soon as they open tomorrow! Thanks!

Thank you dear Fabfashion for the enlightenment. I will call her tomorrow to see what she says. She is not my regular SA and this bag was on display and I just snapped it at a store rather than my local store. So we'll see what happens. I will call as soon as they open tomorrow! Thanks!

Good luck tomorrow. H has great customer service and I'm sure they'll address this issue for you. If this SA doesn't know what to do, ask for the SM. Don't walk out of there until you're satisfied. All the best and please keep us posted. Hugs.