European EW Hamilton in black or the N/S in pearl grey?

Jul 9, 2014
Need some help deciding. I'm on the lookout for my new bag, and I want another Hamilton. I have the N/S in navy with GHW, and the European EW version in Dark Dune with GHW.

I also have Jet Set totes in Fuchia and Dark Dune. I don't have a grey bag or a black bag, so my next buy should be one of these. I really like the European version because I can carry it crossbody. This bag comes in black with SHW, and is the E/W version. I want silver this time. But....then I discovered the grey Hamilton. As of now, it's not available in the European version, so it has to be the N/S version.

What color do you think will be the best choice? I'm sort of leaning a little towards the black bag...

Attachments

• 2014-09-27 09.20.22.jpg
    2014-09-27 09.20.22.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Do you find the strap on the European e/w version to be as comfortable as the shoulder strap on the n/s one? I noticed that the European e/w one has a narrower strap similar to the Selma. My Selma shoulder strap is not as comfortable as my n/s Hamilton shoulder strap.

With regard to your choice, I would first decide on the style you really want and then pick the color. There are two greys out now, pearl grey and heather grey. Have you looked at both?

Need some help deciding. I'm on the lookout for my new bag, and I want another Hamilton. I have the N/S in navy with GHW, and the European EW version in Dark Dune with GHW.

I also have Jet Set totes in Fuchia and Dark Dune. I don't have a grey bag or a black bag, so my next buy should be one of these. I really like the European version because I can carry it crossbody. This bag comes in black with SHW, and is the E/W version. I want silver this time. But....then I discovered the grey Hamilton. As of now, it's not available in the European version, so it has to be the N/S version.

What color do you think will be the best choice? I'm sort of leaning a little towards the black bag...
I'd go with the black only because it's available in the European version - which I think is a great design!!! They are both great colors and you can't go wrong with either, but since you can only get the black in the European version (which you obviously love) I'd go with that one.

Hm...I just found out that the Hamilton I looked at in grey is Heather Grey. To me it seems like a bit darker grey than Pearl Grey ( I found a large Selma with matching microstudded wallet in pearl grey, and it looks great!).

Just checked a few countries that have the same Web based shop that I prefer, and they all state that the grey Hamilton is Heather Grey.

Which grey do you prefer, and why?

I'd go with the black only because it's available in the European version - which I think is a great design!!! They are both great colors and you can't go wrong with either, but since you can only get the black in the European version (which you obviously love) I'd go with that one.

Thanks for your input! Yes, I really like the option this bags give:smile:.

Do you find the strap on the European e/w version to be as comfortable as the shoulder strap on the n/s one? I noticed that the European e/w one has a narrower strap similar to the Selma. My Selma shoulder strap is not as comfortable as my n/s Hamilton shoulder strap.

With regard to your choice, I would first decide on the style you really want and then pick the color. There are two greys out now, pearl grey and heather grey. Have you looked at both?

Yes, the strap is narrower, and I'd probably feel that even more if I wore it filled with loads of stuff.
I don't carry with me much more than my wallet, keys and lipstick, so I don't feel that the narrower strap is an issue. I do agree however that the wide strap on the NS is more comfertable when wearing over time, but again the European version lets me change how I distribute the weight of the bag.

In regards to color, I have only been able to find Pearl Grey in Selma, and Heather Grey in Hamilton.

Yes, the strap is narrower, and I'd probably feel that even more if I wore it filled with loads of stuff.
I don't carry with me much more than my wallet, keys and lipstick, so I don't feel that the narrower strap is an issue. I do agree however that the wide strap on the NS is more comfertable when wearing over time, but again the European version lets me change how I distribute the weight of the bag.

In regards to color, I have only been able to find Pearl Grey in Selma, and Heather Grey in Hamilton.
For you, I would go with the European e/w version in black with shw. You like the European e/w version better than the n/s tote and it only comes in black. Heather grey is darker than pearl grey. I can't comment on these colors because I haven't seen both together in real life. If you aren't sold on black right now, you should wait to see if the European e/w version comes out in pearl grey or heather grey in the near future.

For me, since I carry a lot of things, I would probably stick with the n/s tote. I like its wider, more comfortable shoulder strap. Also, I don't need the compartments of the European e/w version because I have a purse organizer. :smile:

For you, I would go with the European e/w version in black with shw. You like the European e/w version better than the n/s tote and it only comes in black. Heather grey is darker than pearl grey. I can't comment on these colors because I haven't seen both together in real life. If you aren't sold on black right now, you should wait to see if the European e/w version comes out in pearl grey or heather grey in the near future.

For me, since I carry a lot of things, I would probably stick with the n/s tote. I like its wider, more comfortable shoulder strap. Also, I don't need the compartments of the European e/w version because I have a purse organizer. :smile:

Thank you for your advice:smile:! I don't have a purse organiser, and I probably should have one for my n/s bag. I do however love the midsection with a zipper, and use it for keys, key cards and so on. I love the security of the zipper. I'll see if I'm able to withstand from ordering the black one, and hold out for a grey version. As of now it comes in black, dark dune, scarlet, claret and coffee, so there might just be a grey one in the near future;)

Thank you for your advice:smile:! I don't have a purse organiser, and I probably should have one for my n/s bag. I do however love the midsection with a zipper, and use it for keys, key cards and so on. I love the security of the zipper. I'll see if I'm able to withstand from ordering the black one, and hold out for a grey version. As of now it comes in black, dark dune, scarlet, claret and coffee, so there might just be a grey one in the near future;)
The zipper section of the European e/w version is fabulous, though. For the n/s tote, I just make sure to put my valuables towards the bottom of the bag since it is pretty deep. Let us know if you end up getting the black one. :smile:

Well ladies...I decided to wait and see if the European EW version appears in grey. Took my navy N/S for a spin today, and decided I like the E/W version a tad more.

Meanwhile.... I went shopping...

I'm attending a large Medical conferance this October, and decided to add a little something to the LBD...

First out is the black Berkley Patent Python Large Clutch. Love how this clutch is both elegant, classic and daring at the same time..

Attachments

• 2014-09-28 19.59.57.jpg
    2014-09-28 19.59.57.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Secondly...the Berkley Python Clutch had to be accompanied by some great shoes...

Michael Kors Flex pumps in black, with leather details that I feel match the clutch perfectly. I bought the kitten heel as I will be wearing them for a long period of time.

Attachments

• 2014-09-28 20.11.53.jpg
    2014-09-28 20.11.53.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
And of course....some jewelry. Usually I prefer white gold, but since the clutch has gold details I thought this would look good. Plan to wear the jewelry the following day accompanied by an oversized white shirt, black skinny jeans, light brown cardigan and my European EW Hamilton in Dark Dune.

Attachments

• 2014-09-28 20.26.01.jpg
    2014-09-28 20.26.01.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
And of course....some jewelry. Usually I prefer white gold, but since the clutch has gold details I thought this would look good. Plan to wear the jewelry the following day accompanied by an oversized white shirt, black skinny jeans, light brown cardigan and my European EW Hamilton in Dark Dune.

Love, love, love your goodies!!! You'll look smashing throughout the conference!