Thoughts about wallets

reactorberg

Jul 13, 2014
Just want to know if you still prefer LV for a wallet. Or you have another preference. I think other brands have more appealing designs and colors to choose from.
If so, please recommend the brand and the LV wallet too if you still prefer it ( and why)
Thanks.

I love the look of Prada wallets but have yet to get one. I currently use an LV zippy compact wallet in mono which is great - definitely the best of the LV wallets I have previously owned which include an Alexandra in mono, Insolite in mono and Compact Curieuse in infini Empreinte leather. The Compact Curieuse was gorgeous to look at but the layout wasn't the most practical (for me). I also had a zippy coin purse in vernis and that was just the perfect compact little purse, I really regret selling it and plan to buy another one at some stage.

Reactions: reactorberg
I like the look and functionality of the zip-around Zippy, but the price is too high for a wallet IMHO and I would rather put the money towards a new bag. I really like the MK Hamilton wallets since they open completely (as opposed to accord-styles), have almost the same internal features as the Zippy, and is super squishy in the hand just the way I like 'em:P

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411831309.126075.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1411831322.908896.jpg

I am thinking about this mid size wallet from lv but also considering the zip pocket wallet from Chanel. Both have the 'french purse' style which allows me to access loose change quickly but the chanel version has the iconic pocket on the outside to store my train ticket which o need to access frequently

View attachment 2763338View attachment 2763339

I am thinking about this mid size wallet from lv but also considering the zip pocket wallet from Chanel. Both have the 'french purse' style which allows me to access loose change quickly but the chanel version has the iconic pocket on the outside to store my train ticket which o need to access frequently

I have the LV French purse wallet, and can't say how much I love it. Looking at the two, I think I like the kiss-lock opening of the LV better. It seems a lot easier to access, and looks much more elegant, IMHO. Good luck deciding. :smile:

Bottega over chanel. Chanel doesn't wear well or hold their shape as well as other brands. I've had a caviar French purse and the classic PNY zip around. Bottega zip around a are great but you can have issues with the pull tabs over time. I just had two replaced on the same wallet: the outside one and the inside coin zip. Replacement was $70 apiece.

If you want a wallet that will hold its shape and last forever you can't beat LV. I have the Marielou and it is my favorite wallet of all time.

I love LV but also other brands for wallets. Right now I have LV and Tory Burch. Tory Burch is good for when I want some leather in my bags and is really beautiful. LV has a special and different kind of beauty and like what others have said, the quality is really good for LV wallets.

I'm a huge fan of LV wallets. The Zippy seems to be my favorite in all materials and colors. I try to buy it to match the handbag if my budget allows. I can switch out a Zippy wallet in about 2 minutes flat. :giggles:

I have 2 Zippy Compact Wallets and I love those too. They fit every thing that my long Zippy's do. (Much to my surprise) I use these for my smaller handbags like the Pallas Chain or Malletage Pochette.

I ventured into the Empriente with a Curieuse. I got it to go with my Emp Speedy 25 in Bronze. I love that combo.

Got 2 Elysee wallets to go with my 2 Pallas handbags. Love that style too.

LV just makes me happy. I guess that's really what it's all about. :biggrin:

I would highly recommend the SLGs from Cartier, I find that they have an impeccable quality for the price. Their goatskin leathers are gorgeous, check out the LOVE collection.

Attachments

• cartier.png
    cartier.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,182