Cracking in patent lady dior??

jamiiejame

May 1, 2013
Hi all I'm looking to buy a pre loved lady dior in patent, and while waiting for all tfs help me authenticate the bag. I saw the crack in the bag, and I would like to do if it's normal for patent? And if this bag happens to be authentic, can I refurbish the bag. Thank you :smile: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411741230.572319.jpg

Hi all I'm looking to buy a pre loved lady dior in patent, and while waiting for all tfs help me authenticate the bag. I saw the crack in the bag, and I would like to do if it's normal for patent? And if this bag happens to be authentic, can I refurbish the bag. Thank you :smile: View attachment 2762238

Cracking is normal for any patent leather, and cannot be repaired easily without leaving marks on the bag. Patent leather is not as pliable as lambskin or other soft leathers, and at high-stress points where it is bent or flexed to an extreme, it has a tendency to tear with use. Even the most expensive patent leathers are susceptible to this.

If this bothers you, then I suggest that you don't buy this bag.

Cracking is normal for any patent leather, and cannot be repaired easily without leaving marks on the bag. Patent leather is not as pliable as lambskin or other soft leathers, and at high-stress points where it is bent or flexed to an extreme, it has a tendency to tear with use. Even the most expensive patent leathers are susceptible to this.

If this bothers you, then I suggest that you don't buy this bag.

Thank you for your answer, I'm still debating if I wanna buy it or not, cause still waiting for someone to help authenticating the bag :smile:. But if I end up getting it, I will jus keep using it as my day bag. And might buy a brand new one in lambskin cause if the patent will crack. I'd rather not buy it brand new

I agree that this is common for patent leather. I've seen it happen with my patent leather bags before.

I received the bag today and the cracking is not as significant as I expected. So I'm not that worried about it anymore. Now I'm trying to maintain the bag. I see a few wrinkles, and now I'm trying to find a way to fix or minimize them :smile: