So many new beauties....

Sep 8, 2010
I know that we all have discussed our likes and dislikes of the new Floorset, but now that it has been out for a couple of weeks, what are you finding is your favorite?? I thought all along it was the Gunmetal Ryder (I have the 24) but now I am thinking Dakota (haven't seen this in person) or Crosby.....it is strange how what we thought we loved changes to something else!! Also thought I loved the Python Crosby-but it was only a crush!!

I'm curious about the middle sized Rhyder, I think the small would be too small and the large too big. I don't have a way to see any of these in person, what was/is the verdict on the quality of the leather and lining, and the overall weight on this?

I really am undecided-that is probably why I will exchange. I did try it out at FP with my items inside-they fit, but without glasses case. I don't carry a lot, but I feel the larger size is way too big for me. Someone posted the Crosby as being similar in size to sm Phoebe. I think the leather has a different feel to it...

I really am undecided-that is probably why I will exchange. I did try it out at FP with my items inside-they fit, but without glasses case. I don't carry a lot, but I feel the larger size is way too big for me. Someone posted the Crosby as being similar in size to sm Phoebe. I think the leather has a different feel to it...

Difference as in good or not good?

Crosby leather is very smooth and fine grain. In the black color, it's very soft and luxe. Phoebe (Madison) leather is more supple because of the shape of the bag, and typically pebbled (except in metallic gold).

My favorite has ended up being the Crosby (regular sized). It's not too formal like Borough, it has a cute shape and manageable size and neat little details. Metal feet. I ordered one in zebra. I'd like another sometime in the future but not at full price.

I like the Dakotah in small too. Reminds me of an updated Rambler or Patricia.

For me, everything else is too big (Tatum, Rhyder 33), or poor quality (Rhyder satchel), or too formal (for me -- I don't need to dress up every day). I don't like Edie at all -- I loved Phoebe.

So in my opinion, it has been hit and miss but I know I'm not the customer they are targeting.

Crosby leather is very smooth and fine grain. In the black color, it's very soft and luxe. Phoebe (Madison) leather is more supple because of the shape of the bag, and typically pebbled (except in metallic gold).

My favorite has ended up being the Crosby (regular sized). It's not too formal like Borough, it has a cute shape and manageable size and neat little details. Metal feet. I ordered one in zebra. I'd like another sometime in the future but not at full price.

I like the Dakotah in small too. Reminds me of an updated Rambler or Patricia.

For me, everything else is too big (Tatum, Rhyder 33), or poor quality (Rhyder satchel), or too formal (for me -- I don't need to dress up every day). I don't like Edie at all -- I loved Phoebe.

So in my opinion, it has been hit and miss but I know I'm not the customer they are targeting.

I don't think many of us are anymore. :nogood:

I'm much more excited about the items in the preview than those that are out now. I like the Dakotah but there aren't any colors I have to have other than red currant, which doesn't come in the small. I've been put off Rhyder because of all the negative reviews about the leather. I'm not really a satchel person so I'd have to really love it. I saw the suede one and it was gorgeous. I like the way they look, especially the messenger. If I had seen this one in the metallic in real life, it might have spurred me into getting one.

I really love the small gramercy and this one: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/coach-fall-2014-preview-tpf-official-861915-147.html#post27444288 I can see me with one or both of these even though they are satchels.

The prices and no PCE are putting me off though. I hope they will have the bags I like at Macy's or another store that has sales.

I'm curious about the middle sized Rhyder, I think the small would be too small and the large too big. I don't have a way to see any of these in person, what was/is the verdict on the quality of the leather and lining, and the overall weight on this?

The weight of this bag is fine. The size as well. Unfortunately, the quality of the leather not so much. I don't think it necessarily feels cheap but it's not the same quality of materials as in, lets say, the phoebe line. The lining is ok. It's got 'coach' woven in the material. Personally, I like big bags so I ended up getting the 33 but in the pebbled leather. That leather is like the Dakotah bags while the middle sized rhyder is not. For example, for me, between the crosby leather & the mid rhyder leather, the crosby leather is nicer. Hope this helps.

I still want the grommet Borough, but I won't pay $758 for it. I am vaguely interested in the gunmetal Kelsey, but my wardrobe is veering more and more towards kind of a cyberpunk feel and I'm not sure if Kelsey will fit.

The only purse I really want is the Alexander Wang Rockie in purple or charcoal. I'm really not into this fall's or next spring's offerings at all.

I've also been finding myself considering selling more of the Coaches I do have. Banned from FOS, stopped getting PCEs, and now this new marketing thing...it's like they are TRYING to drive me away. I am 29, Coach. I had forty of your damn bags at one point and recommended you guys to all my fashion boards. Now I've sold a lot of bags, almost all my fobs, and have taken the tags off the bags I do still carry.

...sorry, that went off-topic a bit. I'm just bummed, you know? The last bag I got from Coach was the Bleecker Daily in Silt, on St. Patrick's Day. Every day I pop in here hoping to see a bag I love that I can afford, and every day it doesn't happen.

I hear all of your frustrations. But I still love the Crosby and the Rhyder bags. I love the colors and the leathers. They're all gorgeous to me. I do agree that the quality and look of the Phoebe was much nicer than the new Edie...and the overall prices are irritatingly higher.
What really irks me is the brick grommet Carlyle that I've barely touched, which was on sale through Macy's, I think, and probably hitting outlets now (if they haven't already). I'm happy other people are getting a good deal, but that bag was so hyped over and out for what, a month? before they pulled it from their site. The turnover is annoying. Phoebes and Carlyles and Boroughs were all beautiful and popular and selling like crazy!!! Why pull them from production, Coach?!!!