Stella Bag

mamimeow

May 10, 2007
Hello all,
I just wanted to say hello and I have a question about the Stella bag. I have a few Marc Jacob bags however, I have yet to purchase the Stella. Would you all say that its too late to get one, as their are so many new styles out their and would you suggest i buy one as its a classic or should i forget about it since its not in style anymore?? Thanks for the replies.

I LOOOVE the Stella. SO MUCH. You can find deals on eBay - just post the auction in the Authenticate This thread before you bid! :smile:

Stella will never go out of style IMO, plus it comes in so many colors you have way too many choices, you can't jus have one. ;) I own 3 right now... i'm scouting out a 4th.

You can find them on ebay, sometimes even NWT...

Also, I don't know if I should admit this, but I just watched that Lindsay Lohan movie Just My Luck and one of the characters was carrying and eggplant (don't know if it's the correct name) Stella!

I was JUST watching that on HBO too yesther! I noticed the same thing and thought the bag was very cute!

and.....there's no shame in watch a mindless Lohan movie.:smile:

Stella is one of the classics I want to have for sure!! It's a shame they don't make it anymore. I used to have one in Violet but I sold it :sad:. Next time I won't let it go! I'm still hunting for my perfect Stella :P

How can you not love a Stella. I got my first very recently and I :heart: her, there will be more Stella's in my future! Such a great bag, easy to wear, goes with everything, very cool. Heres a repeat of my lovely Peppermint Stella.

stellaandtheguys.jpg

the stella is a classic and i love it! from what i've read on this board, it's one of the more popular styles.

however, i have a question: my friend has one, but hers has a leather tag sewn inside the bag with "made in italy" stamped on it. mine doesn't come with that leather tag. her lining is brown corduroy while mine is bordeaux suede. was this a seasonal variance? it made me worry. i bought it years ago from saks, but with all the stories i hear about people "baiting and switching," it made me very paranoid. i've been burned before by counterfeit bags... :shrugs:

the stella is a classic and i love it! from what i've read on this board, it's one of the more popular styles.

however, i have a question: my friend has one, but hers has a leather tag sewn inside the bag with "made in italy" stamped on it. mine doesn't come with that leather tag. her lining is brown corduroy while mine is bordeaux suede. was this a seasonal variance? it made me worry. i bought it years ago from saks, but with all the stories i hear about people "baiting and switching," it made me very paranoid. i've been burned before by counterfeit bags... :shrugs:
]

might want to ask authentication thread on this....

i own authentic stella and it has that leather tag sewn w/ made in italy on it. the lining color and material varies with color of exterior of bag (and season). fyi: mine is a seafoam stella w/pumpkin orange cloth lining.

The Leather made in italy tag is only present on those bags with FABRIC linings... in the bags with the suede linings you will find a very subtle "made in italy" stamped into the suede somewhere near the top collar of the bag's lining.

The Leather made in italy tag is only present on those bags with FABRIC linings... in the bags with the suede linings you will find a very subtle "made in italy" stamped into the suede somewhere near the top collar of the bag's lining.

thank you, luna! it took me awhile to find it, but the 'made in italy' stamp is there. that makes me feel a lot better!