A Question for you Stephen Sprouse Rose Owners

luvbags29

O.G.
Feb 23, 2012
Hello All,

I have a question for anyone who owns a Stephen Sprouse rose item handbag or accessory. I missed the boat on this Stephen Sprouse collection since it was released in 2009 and am trying to find preowned pieces now. Was it hard to find these items back when they were released in 09? Did you have to be on a waiting list to get them since they are limited edition? Or... did they only make a certain number and then quit producing? I love this line and would just like some more information from my wonderful tpf members who were able to purchase when they were first released. Also.. feel free to share any items that you currently have in your collection from this line! Would love to see some eye candy :graucho:

I was able to find a new coin purse in the orange sunset color (beautiful color) and a roses pochette that should be arriving this weekend. I wish I was able to afford more of these pieces... hopefully with time!!

Hello All,

I have a question for anyone who owns a Stephen Sprouse rose item handbag or accessory. I missed the boat on this Stephen Sprouse collection since it was released in 2009 and am trying to find preowned pieces now. Was it hard to find these items back when they were released in 09? Did you have to be on a waiting list to get them since they are limited edition? Or... did they only make a certain number and then quit producing? I love this line and would just like some more information from my wonderful tpf members who were able to purchase when they were first released. Also.. feel free to share any items that you currently have in your collection from this line! Would love to see some eye candy :graucho:

I was able to find a new coin purse in the orange sunset color (beautiful color) and a roses pochette that should be arriving this weekend. I wish I was able to afford more of these pieces... hopefully with time!!

Honestly, it sucks to be on this boat if you have to be. The resell value on these pieces are so ridiculously high now, even the preowned ones sell for more than what the retail price was back then!

I have the pochette, hot pink scarf, and orange graffiti speedy and my mom owns the roses speedy and NF. We didn't have a hard time acquiring these pieces. I don't think any line really sells out THAT fast. If you followed the house's design and got into the game when the line launched, you were almost guaranteed to get the pieces that you want. I think it only became harder to get towards the end of the season when stock was already running low (it was a very popular line). I personally thought the Watercolor line was more limited in stock than the Stephen Sprouse line.

I think the "wait-list" is a made-up concept, meaning there really isn't an actual list. What really happens (at least from my personal experience) is that a store will get in a certain number of pieces. The sales associates who work with VIC members would reserve those pieces for those customers to see first. If they pass on the pieces, those pieces go to the public, so I guess that is where the term "wait-list" comes in.

Here is another example from a recent incident. I can't remember which piece it was, but I was late to the game and fell in love with it last minute. My SA said that in the US market, only 18 pieces were left, but there was a "wait-list" of 21 people, I would be 22. Somehow, he called within 48 hours to tell me my ordered piece was in and I could come in and pick it up. Wait, what happened to the other 21 people who were in front of me? I didn't believe it for a second that a list actually exists. I am pretty sure LV pays favors to clients who spend more for sure.

So excited for you and cannot wait to see your reveal of your gorgeous pochette roses!

So this beautie is on her way to me -- I shall be getting her Friday or Saturday :smile:

Hopefully I will get her before Sunday as I am leaving for 2 weeks vacation in Korea.

For now I have these pictures to stare at until she arrives!

17_zpsbd785fcb.jpg

I've also added this gorgeous pochette roses to my collection from Japan! So she will probably get here when I am already on my vacation in Korea.. but she will be waiting for me when I get back :smile:

18_zps2fd620e2.jpg

17_zps51076b47.jpg

7_zpsdbb58c2c.jpg

16_zps20775418.jpg

4_zps2216e2a5.jpg

I am now saving for my last roses piece which will be a Neverfull MM :smile:

Honestly, it sucks to be on this boat if you have to be. The resell value on these pieces are so ridiculously high now, even the preowned ones sell for more than what the retail price was back then!

I have the pochette, hot pink scarf, and orange graffiti speedy and my mom owns the roses speedy and NF. We didn't have a hard time acquiring these pieces. I don't think any line really sells out THAT fast. If you followed the house's design and got into the game when the line launched, you were almost guaranteed to get the pieces that you want. I think it only became harder to get towards the end of the season when stock was already running low (it was a very popular line). I personally thought the Watercolor line was more limited in stock than the Stephen Sprouse line.

I think the "wait-list" is a made-up concept, meaning there really isn't an actual list. What really happens (at least from my personal experience) is that a store will get in a certain number of pieces. The sales associates who work with VIC members would reserve those pieces for those customers to see first. If they pass on the pieces, those pieces go to the public, so I guess that is where the term "wait-list" comes in.

Here is another example from a recent incident. I can't remember which piece it was, but I was late to the game and fell in love with it last minute. My SA said that in the US market, only 18 pieces were left, but there was a "wait-list" of 21 people, I would be 22. Somehow, he called within 48 hours to tell me my ordered piece was in and I could come in and pick it up. Wait, what happened to the other 21 people who were in front of me? I didn't believe it for a second that a list actually exists. I am pretty sure LV pays favors to clients who spend more for sure.

Thanks so much for your knowledge!! I am new to LV and didn't understand how limited edition pieces work or the "wait-list." Thanks for clearing this up for me!

I am on the same boat... When I was saving for my first LV the Ellipse MM, the Roses speedy was on the website but out of stock. I wish I had pursued it more. Im in the UK so acquiring a speedy would be an ebay job.. The only ones I seem to find are ones from Tokyo or sometimes Malleries. But I'm so sceptical about them. The exchange rate from usd into gbp means I'll be paying around the £1000 mark but then will hit with import and tax duty.. around £250-£300 on top. I am also interested in the white watercolore speedy which is similarly priced if I import. BUT there is someone with one on ebay.uk selling it for a whopping £2000!! I think that price really is ridiculous! Good luck with your hunt for these special pieces and I cannot wait for your Pochette reveal x

I missed out on the roses collection when it was available..I was able to buy a roses speedy, zippy and pochette from Yoogis...I would love to have the Neverfull too!

Congrats on all your purchases! Sounds like you have a beautiful collection:biggrin:
Feel free to post pics for us all to drool over :graucho:

Thanks! I posted a pic of the speedy and wallet in the roses clubhouse..I need to update it with the pochette....I really owe the majority of my collection to Yoogis and AFF....I'll have to get a pic together with all the bags and slg's and one pair of LV shoes!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411705007.168342.jpg

I also regret not buying at least one from this collection. Ironically, my boyfriend was the one telling me back then to go for the Sprouse NM.. Instead I bought the DE design. I wish I listened to him :sad:

Grabbed this photo from IG of fashionphile. Wish I have one :sad:

Anyway, I'm eyeing on a preloved sprouse pochette... Still saving for it though

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum