Which Speedy would you recommend?

lesboitesorange

[H]andcrafted
Jul 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm usually on the Hermès forum, but lately have been lurking the LV forums.
My love for bags started with LV, then Chanel and Hermès, and now I find myself longing for LV once again lol.
I had a Speedy 30 in Monogram Canvas from seven years ago, but the size looks too awkward for me, so it's collecting dust in the closet unfortunately.
I find myself wanting the Speedy Bandoulière in 25 in both Monogram and Empreinte (Aurore).
If I had my way, I would buy both in a heartbeat.
But unfortunately, I'm saving up for a special order Kelly, so I really shouldn't make multiple impulse purchases.
My reasons for wanting each Speedy are:

Monogram Canvas: I really want that battered, well-used/patina-ed look of vintage speedys.. But I'd prefer to see the patina grow myself, rather than buying a pre-loved one.

Empreinte Aurore: I love that it has feet(not sure if the Monogram version has feet), and I just absolutely love the colour and the look.

Which Speedy should I get? Did anyone encounter problems with either Speedy over time?

I would get the classic speedy 25 in monogram. The reason why is because I too love the natural patina process of the vacchetta. I personally am not a fan of the Speedy B because I dont like the way it looks when carried by hand. The side leather strips look weird to me.
Also, I would not buy the emp speedy soley because they are sooo heavy with your things inside.
I have the mono speedy 35 and love everything about it. I also bought a DE Speedy 30 B and ended up selling it. The classic is just so much prettier. I have other reasons I didnt like the Speedy B so if you would like to know why just ask.

Hope this helps you a little and good luck!!!

I would get the classic speedy 25 in monogram. The reason why is because I too love the natural patina process of the vacchetta. I personally am not a fan of the Speedy B because I dont like the way it looks when carried by hand. The side leather strips look weird to me.
Also, I would not buy the emp speedy soley because they are sooo heavy with your things inside.
I have the mono speedy 35 and love everything about it. I also bought a DE Speedy 30 B and ended up selling it. The classic is just so much prettier. I have other reasons I didnt like the Speedy B so if you would like to know why just ask.

Thank you for your helpful reply, MelanieJoyce! Could you share other reasons why you didn't like the Speedy Bandoulière?

I agree with MelanieJoyce about the Speedy being a better handheld bag. I have DE and Mono 35's and love them! I do think that 25 is the best size in the B for crossbody and love it in Mono especially, after it patinas.

Ditto all this. But, I am also just not a huge fan of the empreinte.

I have a Speedy 30 in DE and a 25 in DA. I got the 30 first and LVoed it (still do), but after getting used to carrying the cute little 25, and watching the vachetta patina...so great. So my vote is for classic 25 in mono.

The side leather strips look weird to me.

I also don't care for the racing stripe on the Speedy B

I have a DA Speedy 25 & ❤️ it! The canvas ones don't have feet but I don't mind bc I don't set it on floors other than my own anyway. I thought it might be too little but it's perfect. Super roomy! A Mary Poppins purse :smile:

Also you can get a separate vachetta strap to clip to the handles if you want crossbody functionality. Basically the "old school" way to make a Speedy crossbody before Speedy B's were made. I have one for mine (see avatar). It is nice to have a crossbody option when I need my hands free!

Actually there's another poster in the forum named peachy pink with super cute mod shots wearing her Speedy with the detachable vachetta strap if you want to investigate how it looks if you want crossbody & are thinking about going for a classic instead of a B 👍

I recommend the Emp Speedy 25 in Aurore! I don't find it heavy at all IMHO. And the fragrance of the leather is divine.

Also, the zippered opening is bigger on the Emp Speedy. I've heard folks complain about the opening on the Mono 25.

This decision also depends on your life style and how and when you want to carry it. IMO the Mono works with just about everything. The Aurore would be that gorgeous pop of color.

Can't wait to see what you get! :smile:

I will say that the zipper opening on a canvas Speedy 25 *is* smallish. Very noticeably smaller than the one on the 30. Sometimes kind of have to angle my (giant) Insolite wallet to fit it in and out of the opening.

That said, it really is a Mary Poppins purse! I thought it would be too small after getting used to the 30 but it's always carried everything I needed.

I bought the Monogram Speedy 25 four years ago & it has patina'd beautifully. I like it because it is iconic. I bought the Empreinte Speedy 30 this year & after three months it started to crack. LV deemed it defective.

I bought the speedy25 mono so I can experience the patina and I have to have a mono print.
I bought a pre loved speedy 25 DA because it has a beautiful patina of 6 years and she's my fav bag!

I prefer canvas because it's not heavy (for me and my pocket lol!)

I chose 25 because I don't carry a lot and I love small bags. The opening doesn't bother me as I've got small hands

Goodluck!

I also don't care for the racing stripe on the Speedy B

I have a DA Speedy 25 & ❤️ it! The canvas ones don't have feet but I don't mind bc I don't set it on floors other than my own anyway. I thought it might be too little but it's perfect. Super roomy! A Mary Poppins purse :smile:

Also you can get a separate vachetta strap to clip to the handles if you want crossbody functionality. Basically the "old school" way to make a Speedy crossbody before Speedy B's were made. I have one for mine (see avatar). It is nice to have a crossbody option when I need my hands free!

Actually there's another poster in the forum named peachy pink with super cute mod shots wearing her Speedy with the detachable vachetta strap if you want to investigate how it looks if you want crossbody & are thinking about going for a classic instead of a B 👍

The old school strap is thinner in width that's why it looks sexy when you carry your Soeedy with it. Voila! You have the unaltered version of speedy at the same time

I agree - the 30 just didn't work. It was too small to really put everything in it yet I couldn't find anything inside of it when I needed it!! I had an epi 25 that was the perfect size for everyday when I didn't need to carry anything besides essentials. But the 35 is SO useful!! Great run around bag that can fit ALOT!!! So much better than the 30.

I vote for the Empreinte Aurore. Both would be great though. :smile:
I find the Empreinte Aurore to be more exquisite looking than canvas in general. Plus it has feets! :P