Gris T vs Parchemin

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Good day!

I own a parchemin clemence GHW B35 and a kelly 35 togo PHW Gris T popped up at a reseller's recently at a great price. My SIL who was there to see it said it looked beige.

Are the 2 colors too close?

I wasn't able to see it in person because it's located in another city.

I want a true gray kelly like etain (have never seen it in person though).

I also googled pics and have been to the gray color thread.

Your opinions please.

Thank you!!

Good day!

I own a parchemin clemence GHW B35 and a kelly 35 togo PHW Gris T popped up at a reseller's recently at a great price. My SIL who was there to see it said it looked beige.

Are the 2 colors too close?

I wasn't able to see it in person because it's located in another city.

I want a true gray kelly like etain (have never seen it in person though).

I also googled pics and have been to the gray color thread.

Your opinions please.

Thank you!!

Dear Baileylab,
Hi!
May I suggest looking for Graphite. I think it's a true grey, more than Etain. Just my 2 cents!
:biggrin:

Gris T is a lovely color, but it is much more closely related to Etoupe than to a true grey. Etain is a dark, warm-toned grey; Graphite is also a little warm (to my eyes) but even darker than Etain and definitely reads as "GREY." Plomb is so new I haven't seen it in person yet, so I'm not sure how it will appear. If you really want grey, Gris T is not your color. (IMO.) And yes, if you have nothing to compare it to, I could imagine seeing Gris T as a sort of dirty beige.

Gris T is a lovely color, but it is much more closely related to Etoupe than to a true grey. Etain is a dark, warm-toned grey; Graphite is also a little warm (to my eyes) but even darker than Etain and definitely reads as "GREY." Plomb is so new I haven't seen it in person yet, so I'm not sure how it will appear. If you really want grey, Gris T is not your color. (IMO.) And yes, if you have nothing to compare it to, I could imagine seeing Gris T as a sort of dirty beige.

Thanks very much, Mindi B!

I have a Lindy in Gris T clemence and would have to agree with the others and not class it as a true grey going by your requirements. Here are some photos in context just to give you a better idea, it's a hard colour to capture. The first photo is the most grey it'll every look imoh. I also wear with navy. HTH

Attachments

• LIND2014tpf.jpg
    LIND2014tpf.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 490
  • WHITESTRIPE3tpf.jpg
    WHITESTRIPE3tpf.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 490
Gris T is not a true grey, it's dove grayish beige with pink/brown undertone. But I like GT much more than Parchmein.
Etoupe has a lot of brown undertone whereas Etain has green undertone.
Plomb is like lead which I think it's more black than grey.
I think Anthracite or Graphite will be the more obvious true grey than others.

Gris T is not a true grey, it's dove grayish beige with pink/brown undertone. But I like GT much more than Parchmein.
Etoupe has a lot of brown undertone whereas Etain has green undertone.
Plomb is like lead which I think it's more black than grey.
I think Anthracite or Graphite will be the more obvious true grey than others.

Thank you, Kewave. Unfortunately my Sil doesnt want to sell me her graphite kelly heheheh. I've been bugging her for years.....

Thanks for the detailed description too! pink / brown undertone seems easy to match.

I'm just afraid it would be too close to parchemin.

:yes: ITA

Plomb is is a dark charcoal grey, very close to black

I have a Lindy in Gris T clemence and would have to agree with the others and not class it as a true grey going by your requirements. Here are some photos in context just to give you a better idea, it's a hard colour to capture. The first photo is the most grey it'll every look imoh. I also wear with navy. HTH

Thank you very much, Couture Coco! Most hermes bags are hard to capture. I'm kind of tempted with this because as i've said, the price is great. But I don;t want it to be too close to parchemin. It's a great calm muted neutral though (hence, the temptation)

Lovely! You wear it well.

I'm actually looking for a decent paint, in the colour of 'Gris T' :biggrin: