Saffiano Mini Crossbody

AnnaFreud

Dec 28, 2013
My DH's aunt gifted me my first Prada bag, a saffiano mini crossbody. It's a cute bag but soooo small and not very practical for me. I like my bags big. Do you ladies know if there's any way to exchange it at a Prada store or a department store that sells Prada? I was thinking a wallet or SLG would be more suited for me. She bought it in Milan and I live in LA. The authenticity card has the store name and date of purchase. Thanks for your help!

My DH's aunt gifted me my first Prada bag, a saffiano mini crossbody. It's a cute bag but soooo small and not very practical for me. I like my bags big. Do you ladies know if there's any way to exchange it at a Prada store or a department store that sells Prada? I was thinking a wallet or SLG would be more suited for me. She bought it in Milan and I live in LA. The authenticity card has the store name and date of purchase. Thanks for your help!
I don't think you will have a problem exchanging at a Prada store, not sure about a department store though. Btw the price difference between the mini/small prada bags and the regular size is very minimal that you can actually pay just a little bit more for a larger bag.

I don't think you will have a problem exchanging at a Prada store, not sure about a department store though. Btw the price difference between the mini/small prada bags and the regular size is very minimal that you can actually pay just a little bit more for a larger bag.

Thanks for the info! From my research, looks like the mini retails for $950-990. But all the other bags are like $1800+?? Does that seem about right?

Called the Prada store in SCP and they said they would need the receipt since it was an international purchase. That's kinda dumb. I said it was a gift. Who has the receipt?!

I'm a big bag kind of gal myself, but I've always thought these were super adorable. If I thought I'd ever be able to actually use it, I'd get one!

One suggestion (if there's no way to return it and you really don't want to hang onto it) get it authenticated by one of those professional authenticating companies...I believe they'll give you written documentation to prove its authenticity. Then pop it up on eBay. Maybe with the documentation you could get closer to full price on it, then use the money toward a more functional bag.

Obviously not the ideal situation, but it could be better than nothing.

I'm a big bag kind of gal myself, but I've always thought these were super adorable. If I thought I'd ever be able to actually use it, I'd get one!

One suggestion (if there's no way to return it and you really don't want to hang onto it) get it authenticated by one of those professional authenticating companies...I believe they'll give you written documentation to prove its authenticity. Then pop it up on eBay. Maybe with the documentation you could get closer to full price on it, then use the money toward a more functional bag.

Obviously not the ideal situation, but it could be better than nothing.

It has the authenticity card. Why does it need to be authenticated?

I think I'll just hang onto it.