Cartier Anglaise white gold w/ leather strap or SS

Polly1125

Dec 13, 2013
Hi,
I am thinking about getting either of them...anyone's input is appreciated. I am leaning to the white gold one. of course, the white gold is more expensive for sure :smile:. but from their respective price point and functionality, which one is preferable?

I don't have a picture for each of them but here are the links to Cartier website showing the picture for each:
http://www.cartier.us/collections/t...aise/w5310031-tank-anglaise-watch-large-model

http://www.cartier.us/collections/t...aise/w5310009-tank-anglaise-watch-large-model

I know I am going to be the only one that recommends the leather strap. But I will do it anyway. Hehe! I don't prefer metal on my watch band if I ever wear one. I find them uncomfortable. So I definitley like the leather strap more, plus you can do a fun color down the road. Good luck deciding.

I know I am going to be the only one that recommends the leather strap. But I will do it anyway. Hehe! I don't prefer metal on my watch band if I ever wear one. I find them uncomfortable. So I definitley like the leather strap more, plus you can do a fun color down the road. Good luck deciding.

Thanks, Girl. I don't mind the metal :smile: since I have the Ballon Bleu YG/SS...which however can not be swithed to the leather strap. that is why I am leaning to the leather strap. but my hubby suggested if I wanted the white gold why didn't I just go and buy a piece of white gold jewelry with that kind of money...the jewerly will be a better investment in the long run...blab...blab...

Reactions: Love and lemons
Thanks, Girl. I don't mind the metal :smile: since I have the Ballon Bleu YG/SS...which however can not be swithed to the leather strap. that is why I am leaning to the leather strap. but my hubby suggested if I wanted the white gold why didn't I just go and buy a piece of white gold jewelry with that kind of money...the jewerly will be a better investment in the long run...blab...blab...

I hope I don't come off as mean by giving my honest opinion, but I would have to agree with your husband. Since you already have a two-toned watch from Cartier (to match both your WG and YG jewelry), I think another Cartier watch would be redundant. After all, you can only wear one watch at a time. Jewelry, on the other hand, can be enjoyed stacked, etc etc. However, if you absolutely love the Tank, then go for it! In my opinion, I like the SS Tank on people with thicker wrists, while I like the leather strap WG Tank on people with very petite wrists. Leather straps look very pretty and feminine for every day.

I hope I don't come off as mean by giving my honest opinion, but I would have to agree with your husband. Since you already have a two-toned watch from Cartier (to match both your WG and YG jewelry), I think another Cartier watch would be redundant. After all, you can only wear one watch at a time. Jewelry, on the other hand, can be enjoyed stacked, etc etc. However, if you absolutely love the Tank, then go for it! In my opinion, I like the SS Tank on people with thicker wrists, while I like the leather strap WG Tank on people with very petite wrists. Leather straps look very pretty and feminine for every day.

No, not at all! I do agree with you and my husband (which I hate :greengrin: ). I am leaning to the white gold because I would like to wear/treat it as a piece of jewelry. My wrist is in the middle (not petite or thick). I went to local AD but they didn't carry that watch either in white gold or SS but they could order for me.

No, not at all! I do agree with you and my husband (which I hate :greengrin: ). I am leaning to the white gold because I would like to wear/treat it as a piece of jewelry. My wrist is in the middle (not petite or thick). I went to local AD but they didn't carry that watch either in white gold or SS but they could order for me.
Def post some model pics before you purchase!

Thanks everyone for all of the kind words.
My local AD called telling me that they had one in yellow gold. So I went there and tried it out yesterday... I did not like it and the leather strap looked very cheap(could not take any pictures since my phone was completely out of battery). I was so disappointed. In this case I won't order it before I can actually try it on. Hope the white gold one will look good as much as it is priced.

Tried on this, the rose gold in store...what do you think? too big?how does it look on me?
I tried on this (it was the only one in store) for the feel & the look...I want the white gold one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 264