New Signature Pieces

Scooch

Proud Handbag Addict
O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
I was in macys today and checked out some of the new bags. I noticed the leather on some of the new signature pieces was very different so when I got home I looked them up on macys online and in the description it says faux leather. The Aubrey, the Jules signature drawstring and the reversible were the ones I saw today. Anyone else notice this change from leather to faux leather??

Last edited:
I saw those bags at Macy's today and thought the trim was leather. On the MK website description for Aubrey it reads "A perennial piece to carry you through any season, our Aubrey satchel is an investment in our signature style. Blending smooth leather accents with our tonal logo print, this roomy bag is the epitome of easy glamour." So I'm assuming the PVC or faux leather in Macy's description is referring to the main body. That Aubrey bag really caught my eye, it's gorgeous!

I saw those bags at Macy's today and thought the trim was leather. On the MK website description for Aubrey it reads "A perennial piece to carry you through any season, our Aubrey satchel is an investment in our signature style. Blending smooth leather accents with our tonal logo print, this roomy bag is the epitome of easy glamour." So I'm assuming the PVC or faux leather in Macy's description is referring to the main body. That Aubrey bag really caught my eye, it's gorgeous!

Maybe macys got it wrong because on their website it's described as faux leather. It is a nice bag though

Bought the small Aubrey satchel today and it's super cute! Move right in and loving it so far! Leather handles and strap with PVC body, 😊 love that the strap can be detached for a different look

Attachments

• 1411344685950.jpg
    1411344685950.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 272
Bought the small Aubrey satchel today and it's super cute! Move right in and loving it so far! Leather handles and strap with PVC body, 😊 love that the strap can be detached for a different look

Oh it's so cute! Glad to know MK is still using leather on its signature pieces. Don't know why Macy's has faux leather in there description but they should definitely correct it!

I have several signature pieces and as mentioned above, the body is PVC canvas (like LV) with treated leather components such as handles. I went into MKs today and asked a SA about this and she said that some outlet pieces have pleather to keep the cost down but that it's not the norm...Macy's would have a typo then.

I have several signature pieces and as mentioned above, the body is PVC canvas (like LV) with treated leather components such as handles. I went into MKs today and asked a SA about this and she said that some outlet pieces have pleather to keep the cost down but that it's not the norm...Macy's would have a typo then.
My understanding is that MK signature material is PVC (i.e., plastic). It is NOT the same as the coated canvas found on LV monogram, damier ebene, and damier azur bags. In fact, some retailers have been misrepresenting the MK signature material as coated canvas, which it isn't.

My understanding is that MK signature material is PVC (i.e., plastic). It is NOT the same as the coated canvas found on LV monogram, damier ebene, and damier azur bags. In fact, some retailers have been misrepresenting the MK signature material as coated canvas, which it isn't.

Really? I thought it was the exact same as LV, that's very interesting. What is it then, if you don't mind explaining?

Really? I thought it was the exact same as LV, that's very interesting. What is it then, if you don't mind explaining?
From what I heard, retailers were advertising the MK signature material as coated canvas, but have just started to revise their descriptions to say "faux leather." Faux leather can either be PVC (polyvinyl chloride) or PU (polyurethane). PVC is basically plastic with a color added to it. PU is plastic coated fabric. LV monogram and damier patterns are made of PU, a plastic coated cotton canvas. PU is softer, stronger, and more flexible than PVC, as you can imagine.

From what I heard, retailers were advertising the MK signature material as coated canvas, but have just started to revise their descriptions to say "faux leather." Faux leather can either be PVC (polyvinyl chloride) or PU (polyurethane). PVC is basically plastic with a color added to it. PU is plastic coated fabric. LV monogram and damier patterns are made of PU, a plastic coated cotton canvas. PU is softer, stronger, and more flexible than PVC, as you can imagine.

I didnt know this..i always thought they were the same.thanks for the info